Author Topic: Getting the Zodiac Escutcheon from Barheim Passage - Guaranteed  (Read 24850 times)

FF12GrandMaster

Re: Getting the Zodiac Escutcheon from Barheim Passage - Guaranteed
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 08:32:33 PM »
The Aegis Shield can be bought in Balfonheim Port after Sky Fortress Bahamut appears. It costs 9,600 gil.

Vyro

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 08:58:04 AM »
Just thought i'd throw my opinion in on this matter. I would like to say that I hate and love the Zodiac Escutcheon Shield, I hate it because of how difficult it is to obtain with RNG, and I love it - because it's just amazing at 50 Evasion.

I'd also like to point out that - Those of you who are trying to get this shield the RNG style, it is possible - but I strongly encourage you to take several (soft reset) runs and get use to avoiding the Specters, and Dread Knights as they pop up randomly through your path. This is not much in the manner of a problem at first glance, but when you are honestly -trying- to get to that chest with no damage; it's a whole new level of difficulty.

My best advice is - be quick, Immobilize is your best option with getting rid of those foes, as they are Safety Augmented, and undead - so Nipho + Phoenix won't work, nor will Phoenix by itself - so your only option is "Immobilize Glitch". This isn't that much of an issue but you have to be quick to reach the first ramp; then you can start vanishing them by tabbing back and forth to your Immobilized character.

My biggest problem was being quick enough at it, i could do it with taking no damage - on occasion - a Dread Knight (Whatever those skeleton things are) - Would "Charge" me, and do instant damage. I would curse in frustration when this happened, but I bit my tongue and reset the console and tried again.

I'm only posting this because of all the agony I went through trying to reach the chest in Barheim Passage, I went through all of FF12GrandMaster's videos on youtube, and faqs - and no where did anyone mention how difficult it was to make the trek to the chest without taking a scrap of damage.

So before you begin this process, and try doing it like a 'professional' take a lot of soft-rest runs to make sure you know exactly how the Spectres, and Dread Knights pop up around you once you begin running.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 09:00:16 AM by Vyro »

FF12GrandMaster

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 09:01:48 PM »
Phoenix Down will work on the Spectres as they have no safety augment. Also, don't forget to turn the battle speed to slowest when running to the chest.

SwordStealer

• Knight of the Round
  • "I'm going to punch the donuts out of your hair."

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 10:25:59 PM »
I didn't use the RNG method to get mine. I just got lucky. I go to the chest location. YAY!!! It's here. *Equips Diamond Armlet* Opens. HOLY (bleep)  :o ------------------------------------------  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

wee187 is my twin from across the country!

guwa

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010, 10:06:47 PM »
So, just to make sure, there is no known way to get the chest so appear 100% on any model? I've been trying for about an hour and nothing.

SwordStealer

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2010, 10:16:21 PM »
well, i would have to make a new file to go test the theory of getting it 100%. Maybe I will and go testing.

guwa

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2010, 02:30:53 AM »
Well, after two and a half hours of attempts, I finally got it. If you still read this, thanks GM.

On a related note, I might have found a way to get the chest to spawn 100%. I only tried this twice (which is why I said might) but when I casted Immobilize twice, once with both casters in No. 7 Adjunct, and nothing else there, the chest did appear both times. If anybody else has a 75001, try this and see if it works.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2010, 10:05:58 AM »
guwa, you might be interested in the RNG topic. Some people have found out ways to make various chests appear 100% of the time.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

SwordStealer

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2010, 01:46:29 PM »
I almost always get the ribbon chest in Cerobi Steppe. I just pretty much walk in there.

guwa

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 04:55:28 PM »
Okay, I've definitely found a way to spawn the ZE chest 100%.

With two people in your party, cast Immobilize twice. If exactly one person is hit (not zero, not two) it will spawn. At least on my 75001.

You probably know this already, but I'm just getting it out there.

SwordStealer

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 05:00:13 PM »
I think i'll try that later today, thanks guwa! ;D

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 06:38:31 PM »
You know you can spawn every chest 100% of the time by using the RNG list.  ::) That's how I've been farming equipment in Cerobi in IZJS.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Kytes

• Moppet
  • Zodiac Escutcheon chest, what's your problem?
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 04:40:29 AM »
You know you can spawn every chest 100% of the time by using the RNG list.  ::) That's how I've been farming equipment in Cerobi in IZJS.

How Sir? The run's too long and it's frustrating to not see the chest there.