Author Topic: Re: Getting the Zodiac Spear from the Henne Mines Chest - Guaranteed Part II  (Read 26700 times)

Hal

• Moppet
  • Mood: Hyper Hyper

• View Profile
I was wondering. When i hit myself 3 times, enter the Zone and was not attacked from the absteels, then the chest never appears (i tried it over 30 times). But, when i do the same and the absteels in this zone attacked me also 3 times, then the chest is there in 4/10 cases. Why?
Is it possible to affect the spawning of the chest also in the mentioned zone?

Another thing:
In the formula for the Charge Time are also a Random Number, or not? Actually, that might affect the RNG, too?

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 04:10:59 PM by Hal »

flak76e

• Rear Guard

• View Profile
If the chest spawns or not is decided once you enter the zone, not while you are getting close to it. So the Abysteels have nothing to do with it.

I think that hitting yourself has nothing to do with spawning the chest easier (atleast not for me when I got 99 Z-spears)
It has to do with the coldstart which makes it easier to spawn it.

Ashe10

• Moppet
  • ? I love my Jamie ?

• View Profile
If the chest spawns or not is decided once you enter the zone, not while you are getting close to it. So the Abysteels have nothing to do with it.

I think that hitting yourself has nothing to do with spawning the chest easier (atleast not for me when I got 99 Z-spears)
It has to do with the coldstart which makes it easier to spawn it.

Thanks, saves much trouble lol  :D

Vyro

• Moppet

• View Profile
Re: Re: Getting the Zodiac Spear from the Henne Mines Chest - Guaranteed Part II
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 11:30:23 AM »
Hello Mike65707, I would like to first thank you for the tremendous amount of time you and FF12GrandMaster have both contributed to helping those of us who are going into a repeat of "The Shining" by trying to get these items.

Now that the formalities are out of the way - in a matter of saying. I would like to give you any information I have come across regarding the PS3 NTSC 80 CHECHE01 console. I have ran a few tests. regarding your acquired patterns. They do indeed work on several occasions I ran across the 60-65 - 5Hit combo, and it worked flawlessly. I would like to point out though that these only occur if you take not a scrap of damage.

Example: Barheim Passage - Zodiac Escutcheon (10 attempts) - 4 shields.
On all these attempts. I powered off the console from cold boot (meaning switch in the back) - I proceeded to the zone line and smacked myself once.

Frustrating as it is to make it to the chest and not receive any damage, I though at this point it was mandatory to evade all damage. I reached the chest once, and began smacking myself trying to find a pattern, but I took a smack or two on the way - (Immobilize Glitch doesn't work quick enough >_>) Upon reaching the chest it was indeed there, but I had taken damage. At this point I had no idea you could calculate the RNG by have taken damage, I simply assumed you must make it there with no damage taken, or given - So I smashed the power off button flipped the switch and tried again.

A few hours later, and a lot of frustration on my end, I managed to make it to the chest without taking any damage - (nearly professional) and with reaching it I found several of your patterns which rewarded me with my shield, one such occasion I found a pattern that wasn't mentioned in your literature - but it was a morphed format of FF12GrandMasters'

After running into this pattern I went back and read all the information on FF12GM's faq - the new one, the old one, and the forums. I found out a few new things regarding receiving damage, and jumping the RNG with cure/curaga. This wasn't much in the way of a new finding for you persay, but it was definitely enlightening to me.

I continued progressing the normal story of the game, and a few hours later I came to the "Henne Mines" The Special Shaft section - I unlocked by collecting 10 Espers, and talking to the Geomancer. I wasn't after the Zodiac Spear per say ( I had already acquired the normal one from Nechrol Nabuis ) So it wasn't in my list of 'wants' at the moment. However the Brave Suit at the beginning of the shaft in the 25% spawn rate chest did tickle my taste buds.

So once again, armed with new knowledge of the RNG method, your list printed out on paper, and my browser opened to FF12GM's guides, I set up two people for the Immobilize trick and one for the run. This lead to a new problem, this shaft was absolutely impossible to avoid taking damage from one of the Abysteel Bats; on two of 8 attempts I did manage to get by without so much as a Gnaw, but most of the time they were able to land one hit on me. This frustrated me, because your patterns were of little use to me if I took damage. I began trying to find an alternative solution.

I found this answer in FF12GM's guides. It turns out there is a way to correct patterns that aren't going in the right manner. However the number of 'hits' to produce the combos were off by a few numbers. I'm sure you are aware of this by now Mike, but say if a combo in FF12GM's faq says:

23 hits ---> 3 hit combo ---> 29 hits ---> 4 hit combo ---> 28 hits ---> 5 hit combo (Open Chest)

This might be an exact amount for you PS2 users, but the PS3 users such as myself, have more of an obscure number between those, it is never an 'exact' It's a range.

So 23 hits could be anywhere from 19 - 25 to produce a 3hit combo, 29 hits is usually accurate, but I managed to land it at 27 before (Keep in mind I am calculating in the hits I took before zoning, and the ones I took from the bats on the way to the chest) - The end result will come up with the 5 hit combo, this is just one of many examples I ran into; it's more of a 'guess' number system with the PS3, it's never perfect. Once in awhile you might get a pattern that is spot on from FF12GM's - but for the most part it isn't.

I would also like to point out that on numerous occasions unlike FF12GM's findings, you cannot calculate in hits taken or you perform before you zone - once you reach the chest assume you are back at 0, even if you took damage reaching it, or you smacked yourself to force the chest to spawn, for some bizarre unknown reason I reach the chest after taking at least one Gnaw, and hitting myself twice before the zone, and the pattern produced comes out to be -minus- the succession of those added an exact copy of FF12GM's - It isn't 100% of the time, but I'm just noting this so you understand from time to time you have to exclude those values.

As for spawning the chest. I noticed it appears to be different from area to area, there is no overall -perfect- number of times to hit yourself to spawn the chest in every location:

I hit myself once in Barheim Passage before zone: 3 / 5 - the chest spawned.
I hit myself once in Henne Mines before zone: 1 / 10 - the chest spawned.
I hit myself zero times in Henne Mines before zone: 2 / 10 - the chest spawned.
I hit myself twice in Henne Mines before zone: 5 / 10 - the chest spawned.

All these tests were done with cold boots (power off on the back of the console and restarted) - I'm just pointing this out so you can see that there is no overall global (smack myself) perfect spawn chance. It appears to be different for each zone. Maybe i'm wrong - im just giving you what I've found.

Well that's all I have for now, and as always if I've made any errors in my feedback just let me know. I'm not trying to complicate things, simply give you a new perspective in finding patterns/spawns.

LordBalthier

• Moppet
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
Re: Re: Getting the Zodiac Spear from the Henne Mines Chest - Guaranteed Part II
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 06:13:04 PM »
Good stuff Vylo...didn't see this post before I posted on the other one....so hitting yourself twice before entering gives you a 50% chance of spawning the chest....and If I'm getting this right then taking damage from an abysteel won't necessarily ruin the rng???...or if it does the combo rate just subtracts the number of times I've been hit or hit myself when entering from the actual self hitting chain?

« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 06:15:25 PM by LordBalthier »
---And so began the story of the wanderer, the vagrant.

Vyro

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 01:30:38 AM »
LordBalthier: I'm not saying that the Zodiac Spear chest will spawn 50% of the time, I am speaking purely of the Brave Suit chest; I did make several treks to the Spear's chest on all my attempts just to see if it did spawn. I would say 2 / 10 attempts it spawned, by hitting myself twice. It never spawned at all with not hitting myself, or hitting myself once. So far with a CHECHE01 I would have to say the best spawn rate i've found is hitting yourself twice and then entering.

As for the taking damage on the way to the chest, it isn't wise or advised you do take damage, if you do happen to get hit once or twice it isn't the end of your attempt. You can still link a pattern if you just miscalculate. On three occasions I was hit by Abysteel bat's on the way to the brave Suit chest, and I managed to get a pattern by not calculating in those attacks.

On another single attempt. I had to calculate in both the damage and the times I hit myself before reaching the chest - It's a 'range' never a direct number. It appears the calculation is off a bit on the PS3. However if you stick with it you can find a pattern.

I can tell you this much - in all my success stories so far, If you begin from 1 - 20 with a 2hit combo, cast curaga right away, a 2 hit from 1 - 20 is never a good thing.

Mike65707

• Moppet

• View Profile
Re: Getting the Zodiac Spear from the Henne Mines Chest - Guaranteed Part II
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2009, 06:06:41 AM »
It's been awhile but I will be able to play my PS3 again in about a week.  I'll be testing more of the RNG on the PS3 but I can't guarantee anything. (Plus I'll be working on my Perfecter Game on the PS2 as well so I have to try and balance them.  :P)

seth1410

• Moppet
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 01:17:45 PM »
I have a 75001 slim ps2 and I read in another guide that in order for the chest to appear I didn´t have to hit myself before entering the chest zone, I don´t know if this works for others but for me it doesn´t in fact in a run where I got hit twice by the abysteels in my way to the chest it appeared and it didn´t affected my RNG. I already tried this 20 times and all 20 times I got my ZS. Don´t know if this would be useful but here it is anyway. Nice work everybody. :P

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 01:50:17 PM »
The hitting is a reference to the amount of times you have to hit yourself before entering the Phase 2 Dig. Getting hit by the Abysteels doesn't affect the spawning change of the Chest (as the spawning of a chest will be determed upon entering the room).

XxXGaMeRByTcHXxX

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 09:34:08 PM »
ANOTHER METHOD TO ACHIEVE ZODIAC SPEAR IN HENNE MINES!!!! :o

I've just proven another way to achieve the Zodiac Spear in the Henne Mines using the RNG without doing a hard reset. All you need to do is approach the chest if it's there...remove the other party members and equip a shield and cameo belt. Now just attack yourself until you get a 5 hit combo. Shut the gambits off after the 5 hit combo so you don't hit yourself anymore. Then simply equip the Diamond Armlet and open the chest. My first attempt I received an Elixer and the 2nd attempt I received the Zodiac Spear. I actually just wanted to see if you really had to go through the trouble of the cold start and setting up the enemy clear glitch...No more...Just play as normal and while you're heading through the mines, if you see the chest there, why not try it?  As I said I have tried and proven this method myself just an hour ago and was so excited to tell people of another way of doing this. Just make sure it's a 5 hit combo, not a 2, 3 or 4 because those combos can generate any kind of treasure, not a specific rare item. The spear is only achieved while doing a 5 hit combo. Try it...you may have to sit idle for 20-30 minutes but you'll get a 5 hit combo I promise.. just be sure to shut OFF gambits during the 5 hit combo, then equip diamond armlet and poof..Zodiac Spear. Email me with any other questions, but I'm sure there's enough information here where you won't have to contact me.

My thoughts: (Forget hard resets and enemy clearing glitch..went through setting up all the gambits for characters and every time I tried heading to the area where the chest was, it wasn't there...if it was there the combos never came out the way I wanted..so F*** it I tried something else. I love the Henne Mines because of the rare items and faster level ups so while running back and forth from the staging shaft(save crystal) and the special charter shaft, you're actually zoning in and out so the chest has a chance to appear on the way to the special charter shaft and the way back to the staging shaft. Each time I saw the chest appear I tried the 5 hit combo method and on the 2nd attempt I received the Zodiac Spear. NOT doing a cold start, NOT glitching past enemies, NOT counting those darn numbers out to form a RNG pattern...all I did was a 5 hit combo on myself and opened the chest with the diamond armlet..NOTE: This method was done using an SCPH-50001 PS2 system with the normal FFXII game version, NOT the IZJS (International Zodiac Job System) version.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2009, 10:03:01 PM »
is only achieved while doing a 5 hit combo. Try it...you may have to sit idle for 20-30 minutes but you'll get a 5 hit combo I promise

Why is this easier than a cold start?  ::)

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 10:09:25 PM »
Gamer, welcome to FFT.

If you had read the topics on this forum, you would see that the way to get the rare item is with a 5 hit combo.  ::)

FF12Grandmaster's RNG patterns are all based on the 5 hit combo. The point of using markers is so that you can get the 5 hit combo every single time. His method also includes the hard reset.

I'm afraid you're a bit late to the party of people who have already worked out all possible ways to get the 5 hit combo every single time.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 11:17:48 PM »
Oh god...

Anyway... FF12GM's does guarantee a Zodiac Spear if you do it from a cold start (you musr turn off the console not just restart it). If the problem is spawning the chest you can simply experiment with the self-hitting method before entering the zone with the chest. If it doesn't work simply refer to the Cure Shifting List.

One last thing: Insults and such behavior won't be tolerated here. Every member here is friendly, every new member will be friendly in case they plan to stay here for a longer time.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Judge Magister Gabranth

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Content Content

• View Profile
Obviously direct action needs to be taken. However this is not my board, so I'll alert the administrators. As for everyone else, carry on with your discussion as if Gamerbytch was never even here.

Thank you.

Vampirlord 17

• Vanguard
  • A butler to DIE for.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2009, 08:35:10 PM »
now if i see this i kinda ask myself why can guests post here in fft? oh, yeah, that they dont join this for stupid posts and instincts like that, what a shame. GM will clear this perhaps.

and ultima you better edit the dude, lol, assuming gm will be reading these posts hahaha