Author Topic: Re: Getting the Zodiac Spear from the Henne Mines Chest - Guaranteed Part II  (Read 26699 times)

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Re: Getting the Zodiac Spear from the Henne Mines Chest - Guaranteed Part II
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2009, 09:24:48 PM »
Well normally this is off topic, but to answer your posts though Vampirlord. Let me tell you that guests can't post here, he's only been marked as a guest since he no longer exists (something the forum does automatically).

Also don't worry GM won't kill you for using the word "dude" (at least not on my forum). Though it would indeed be wise not to mention it in a conversation with him ;)

Now lets get back on topic ;D

Raidenwins

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2009, 05:08:40 PM »
Hey, I am new here, this is my first post. I just found out about this RNG method for obtaining the ZS yesterday and I can't wait to try it. I've been reading through the topic and watching some YouTube videos, I already looked up my PS2 number (it's 39001), but there is one thing that does not seem to have beeen addressed (if so, I apologize. I did not read every single post):

Can you use this method if you have a Guest in your party?

I have Reddas in my party right now. I usually Petrify him and don't use him at all. Will his presence affect the RNG method for obtaining the Zodiac Spear and if so, would that necessitate modifications to it (the method, that is)?

One more question: Should you Immobilize the second character or Stop them? Which one is better?

Thanks, and great job to ff12GM for finding out this method.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 05:10:11 PM by Raidenwins »

FF12GrandMaster

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2009, 05:21:17 PM »
Hey, Raidenwins, welcome to FFT :)

Petrify Reddas to keep him quite because you don't want him doing anything that will move the RNG. The problem with Reddas is that he only has two gambits:

Foe: If it moves: Attack
Foe: Stationary: Kick it till it does move

:D

Immobilise is widely used now for this method and its duration is plenty long enough for you to travel through the Henne Mines to get to the Zodiac Spear chest.

Raidenwins

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2009, 05:46:28 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply GrandMaster! I am on it!

Raidenwins

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2009, 08:05:40 PM »
OMG! I got the Zodiac Spear! This method works! It took about 30-40 minutes in total. Here was my exact set-up in case somebody is curious:

Penelo did not have the Brawler license so she was my ZS girl.  She is level 81. So here is exactly what I did, step by step:

1. Equip Penelo with Winged Boots and cast Bubble on her.

2. Vaan was my second character. I cast Float on him and put him in reserve. He is level 80. I also had Reddas in my party.

3. Reboot my PS2 (which is #39001) and as soon as the save file loaded I had Penelo cast Break on Reddas.

4. I ran to the Ore Separation zone and waited for Reddas to turn to stone.

5. I did NOT hit my self at all.

6. I entered the Phase 2 Dig zone, switched to Vaan and put Penelo in reserve.

7. I had Vaan cast Immobile on himself and put Penelo back in the party.

8. Penelo run down the hallway and got hit by an Abysteel once (took ~1700 damage).

9. Ran to ZS chest location, using Immobilize glitch on the way to avoid any more damage.

10. Initially the chest was not there. I repeated steps 3-9 four more times and on the 5th time the chest spawned.

11. I equipped Diamond Armlet on Penelo, put Vaan in reserve, and set battle speed to fastest.

12. I set Penelo’s only Gambit to Self-> Attack.

13. After 21 hits she did a 2-hit combo. Referencing FF12GrandMaster’s FAQ I deduced I was in pattern #3 so I cast Cure on Penelo once (she hit herself one time before I was able to cast the spell).

14. After 22 hits she did a 4-hit combo (at this point I was freaking out!!)

15. After 28 more hits she did a 5-hit combo!

16. I turned-off her Gambits, opened the chest and there it was, the Zodiac Spear!!

So this works people (I know most of you already know, but I am hyped right now).

Thanks GrandMaster. You are a genius! I am off to get two more ZSs now!

PS: this method makes the Zodiac Spear child's play compared to obtaining Danjuro (there is no easy way there, it took me 18 hours when I first got it)

EDIT:

Alright! I got the 2nd ZS. This time it took 4 reboots for the chest to spawn. This time on my way to the chest I got hit by Abysteel twice for a total damage of ~4500 (Incidentally, this time I had forgotten to put the battle speed to slowest).

At the chest location, I hit my self 17 times and got a 2-hit combo, so I figured I was in pattern #5. I cast Cure on Penelo once as the FF12GrandMaster's FAQs states, but here is where things deviated from the guide. After 27 hits Penelo did a 4 hit combo (and not 3-hit after 41 hits as the guide says), and then after 28 more hits a 5-hit combo and voila, another Zodiac Spear!

Perhaps this is a new pattern, not sure, just thought it'd be interesting for people to know.

Moderator Edit

Please use the 'Modify' button if you want to add to a thread and yours is the last post. We don't alllow double posting. Not a problem, just helpful advice to a new member ;)

« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 12:38:50 AM by FF12GrandMaster »

FF12GrandMaster

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2009, 12:45:54 AM »
Great to see the method working for you! :D

What happened during your second attempt has also happened to me. Not the identical situation, just the jump in hits. It was also an early 4 hit combo which I turned into a 5 hit combo 28 hits later. Anyone else getting a 4 hit combo out of position should also look towards the 5 hit combo following. Apart from it happening very early, like in the first few hits, a 4 hit combo is only ever present when it's going to be followed by the 5 hitter. I've no idea why it happens but the PS2 just seems to jump forward 10 to 20 hits very occasionally.

Mrducanh

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2010, 03:21:32 PM »
can any1 help me pls!
i got a pattern at 2st its look like everything is alright but 2hit combo after 6 hits and continue with 2 combos again after 10 hits
what should i do next

FF12GrandMaster

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2010, 06:21:55 PM »
can any1 help me pls!
i got a pattern at 2st its look like everything is alright but 2hit combo after 6 hits and continue with 2 combos again after 10 hits
what should i do next

Carry on. All combos before 17 hits should be ignored. Read the guide for a full explanation. :)

RNG Guide

Chrisakacloud

I tried a whole bunch of times, haven't gotten the chest to spawn once, i'm supposed to hit myself 3 times i've done that, i've also tried not hitting myself but no difference. I've been hit by the abysteels most of the time but only the first one or two like in GM's vid. I also have avoided being hit before and still nothing. :S

FF12GrandMaster

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2010, 03:13:25 AM »
Hey Chrisakacloud, you might want to have a read through all of this thread as it digs into how you can get the chest to spawn 100%. Might be worth a peek to you. ;)

Chrisakacloud

Oh sorry, thank you =)

eck785

Hello there this is my first post to this awesome forum*

i own a 39004 fat playstation 2
when i hit myself twice at the crystal area the chest just wont spawn :(
when i hit myself twice at the ore it may spawn
and when i get to the chest i get combos patterns that are not listed? :(

i cold boot
Vaan is already wearing the camaieu belt
hits himself twice
take balthier out
use crono's tear to make him stop
switch vaan accessories to winged boots (to dodge traps)
then get to the chest
take off balthier
speed up the game
and then weird patterns?

i am multi posting this for help
tried all day still no ZS :(

FF12GrandMaster

Do you have any armour on that gives you regen? Any of your characters buffed with regen? If so you need to clear it because regen messes with the RNG.

TwilightLord

• Moppet

• View Profile
Okay, so I read through the other thread, studied the spreadsheet with the Cure values that's supposed to get the chest to spawn 100%.

Through casting Cure again and again I manage to get myself to line 140 in the list (last Cure I did healed me for 1433, and all the previous Cures matched with the numbers before that in the list). Next four numbers end in 71, 84, 35 and 07. 07 is less than 10, and it's the fourth number, so the chest should spawn, right?

Problem: it doesn't. What am I doing wrong?

In case you need to know, I was using Basch, at level 86 with a Magick Power of 68. He has his Licence Board completely filled out (in other words, he has Serenity).

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Did you edit the formula to match your level and magick power? You have made a mistake in locating your position in the RNG. You couldn't have started at around 140, you always start at 500+ when you turn on the console.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia