Author Topic: Bragging about your Last Remnant Game--what did you do today?  (Read 14601 times)

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
Well so many of us have this game now and are busy playing it. I'm finishing up my second playthrough.

Today I can brag about having achieved Legendary Warlock status for Rush. This was a lot of work, as you must get all the Arcana in the game, Blackout, Whiteout, Animalcule, Fatal Eclipse and Rejuvenating Water. I am a really high BR so it's difficult to gain skills, but I found that using a single party of leaders and fighting in Darken Forest is a perfect way to keep the Morale low and yet not die with one party. I took on as many groups of Mandragoras and Shellflies as I could manage to Timeshift. I just switched leaders in and out so that I had a group of skills matching those for the Arcana I needed to learn.

After that I started on Wyngale and he got Fatal Eclipse.

This poses a bit of a dilemma for me now because Rush is very close to finishing Wards. I have two levels left of Band of Champions for him to achieve Legendary Commander. However, that would mean losing the Warlock class. Yet the Commander status is a guild task. What I should have done was worked up the Wards first and then the Arcana last but just gaining one level of Wards takes days it seems at BR 137.

I'm giving up on creating a better Bluesteel, I have the Poison Bluesteel now to use with the Enchanted Soulshield, but I think I'm going to just use the Enchanted Demonblade I have already.

Zeikuu

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Puts the Pro in Procrastination
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Re: Bragging about your Last Remnant Game--what did you do today?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 11:04:48 AM »
i started again as i screwed up my arts and stuff... currently about to enter the Catacombs but i'm doing quests... as i missed plenty of first disc quests too.... currently using a Ronin Katana +1 and a Spartha... thinking whether its best to use that or switch to a 2 handed weapon like a otachi

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 10:25:22 AM »
Whether you go mystic or combat could be a consideration in your weapon choices. If you like to do some mystics, take a look at the Scythe upgrades. A Runic Scythe is an interesting mystic weapon that can be included in a two handed approach.

Another route is the Bluesteel sword upgrades, which can be used as 1 handed, two handed and Power Grip. Even better is you can use a shield which Rush puts away when he uses the Bluesteel as a Power Grip. The Soulshields give a mystic art Soulshield which is a spell that gives Mystic Eater ability, to consume one mystic attack. Plus the Soulshields have blue light coming from them and magic stuff coming out of them, so they seem alive. The Enchanted Soulshield has 30 Mystic Defense, and 24 Physical Defense, the Shielding version has 30 Physical Defense and 24 Mystic Defense. Soulshields also do shield arts like Bash.

Any weapon arts or spells come from the weapon on the main hand, so if you want to do two handed, the one in the main hand will give the art.

Zeikuu

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Puts the Pro in Procrastination
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 12:21:23 PM »
i've gone and got an otachi... and am currently doing quests... i've upgraded the otachi as much as i can atm and is currently an sumarai otachi... i will probably keep this till at least disc 2

ArandomFFplayer

• Rear Guard
  • Get back up! What are you waiting for this time?
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 08:52:53 PM »
started the game yesterday on my new xbox 360. i was surprised to see two disks, and im guessing its a big game.

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 12:11:52 AM »
Yes, it's just as longer if not much longer than FFXII. And even more fun. ;D Well, no. FFXII is still better.

I'll be starting this game up again when I'm out of school. I've made one exception to my gaming rule: I can play FFVII on the PSP. xD I'm not waiting for the end of school for that, it's downloading currently on my PSP now. =D

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

Ashe10

• Moppet
  • ? I love my Jamie ?

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 02:27:55 AM »
Austri spawned in 2 tries ok that was lucky but Gomei doesn't freaking spawn, been trying for hours  :-\

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 08:26:58 PM »
I'm playing the 360 version as my PC version won't let me play now.  :o It's been a while since this thread had a update... Today, I completed The Gates of Deceit and Sword of The Dead on the 360 version.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 09:03:09 PM »
Yeah I should have posted in here awhile back. I finished my second playthrough and got every one of the best weapons for each weapon class, and also the Enchanted Soulshield. Finished most of the guild tasks except for just a couple of them. I was running out of money, hehehe. I got Warlock class for Rush and also Wyngale.

I got the best version of the final battle and so got my 1000/1000 achievements. Anyway I sold my game now and maybe someday I'll get it again. Selling it now meant my 2 playthroughs only cost me about $6. If the game gets down to $10 I will probably buy it again. I do enjoy watching people play live so if anyone wants to stream Last Remnant I will surely watch!

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia
  • I'll finish you in one strike! - Yukiko Amagi
  • Mood: Stressed Stressed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 10:37:16 PM »
Good news everyone, I'll soon be bragging about my own The Last Remnant game once my order arrives from Amazon.com :D

It's the PC version.

I got the package today, and Amazon was really quick :o

All I need is a good video card then I can start playing it.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 10:47:38 PM by Someddrnoob »

Remember, Reimi is watching you... Don't get slapped!

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 11:32:20 PM »
Update: my all women game is going well BUT something happened today. I finished the Bloody Alice battle, which was indeed bloody as bloody Irina would NOT use Fatal Eclipse!!  >:(

After that battle, one of the rewards is the Ruby Solitaire which my two generic female leaders decided to equip...in PLACE of their HP accessory! That caused a combined total loss of HP of over 500 for their union. That is NOT a good thing at this late stage of the game. I'm now at the Ancient Ruins fighting Rockgraters to try and make up the lost HP, but even with adding back that 500 I can only think this would be an extra 1000 right now if they hadn't changed accessories.

Previous post:

I'm on my 4th game after completing an all-generics game, everything except the Lost Remnant which was impossible with my generics, not enough weapon arts.

My new game is all-women. I had intended to have Rush on a two handed-shield and just do Item Arts with him, but there is no two handed shield available until very late in the game. I used a sword with him so that I could keep a shield, but that turned him into a Swashbuckler. That is not going to work because he started getting only combat commands due to this job. So, to get him back on mystics I equipped the Quarterstaff, and that changed him to Fencer which is a mystic swords class, even though he isn't using a sword. He's still getting combat commands which is messing up my opportunities for Irina to use Fatal Eclipse. So he's a mess right now.

I'm at BR 82 and have finished Base 2. My first team consists of Sandy and Faye and soldier healers with Murkbell a Traps user with the biggest Sledgehammer I have ever seen in the game.

Team 2 is Glenys with 3 soldiers and actually they have the highest HP of all the teams.

Team 3 is Irina plus Rush and soldiers, they have Spell Wall formation.

Team 4 is Emmy with 3 soldiers, they have the lowest HP, so it's good they are team 4 as they are in the back and I can have them on Standby for healing if things get dicey.

rinimt

• Moppet
  • Mood: Hyper Hyper

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 06:56:38 AM »
Currently @ bases on my 3rd playthrough at BR25 I think, 2nd run on normal mode PC. I LOVE Animalcule right now though I went into bases without much training so Ludope and Zuido ate me, eep!

Haven't played in a few days though and prepping for FF13 soon so dunno how much I'll be playing it for awhile XD

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 03:28:28 AM »
I'm currently skill grinding off Bai Ze for Rush to learn Hawkarang, since I upgraded him to Hawkwinds a while back. I just got Bel'kwinith's Fury for Duke of Ghor and now I'm trying to stat grind my lowest stats characters, mainly Jorgen.

I disassembled the Auld Splitter I got off of Heaven's Lord in Mt. Vackel. I think that's going to help accelerate weapon upgrades, although it won't be much because I have The Fallen to defeat first.

I haven't attempted The Fallen yet, but I might consider streaming it during the holidays if it's possible.

Or rather, I can't get Hawkarang for Rush unless I upgrade to Superior Hawkwinds and then to Superlative Hawkwinds, which is way after Undelwalt.

Still grinding for upgrades, as I just upgraded Baulson and I can upgrade him again, assuming I can get a good piece of Auld weaponry to disassemble into the Necrotic Metal he needs. Ugh, Glasya Labolas Larynx doesn't help. Oh and I can upgrade Blocter too since I can get The Daily Albic Qsiti from defeating the Diatrymas at Crookfen.

As of now, Crookfen is known as the convenience store of The Last Remnant.

Oh and does anyone know any good places to get Auld equipment before The Fallen? I'm currently trying to get an Auld Pitchfork from the Bandit in Wyrmskeep.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 07:33:27 AM by Someddrnoob »

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 10:25:18 PM »
I'm following Rob Power Guide, right now I'm at Southwestern Road going to Vale of the Gods to make money with Mr. Diggs.

Defeated Fiery Idol, BR 2.

Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get.

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 02:52:29 AM »
For the past few days, I've been upgrading few of my guys to Superlative weapons before The Fallen (including Blocter :o)

I got lucky with Auld Lance, Splitter, and Gladius Antiquitis drops from Mercurius, Heaven's Lord and King Plant respectively.

Right now, I'm finishing off any outstanding guild tasks and possibly get Cachexia for Zolean.