Author Topic: [SPOILERS] Gabriel/Gabriella Celeste / Ethereal/Iseria Queen  (Read 3167 times)

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
Gabriel Celeste is the superboss of Star Ocean 3 and Star Ocean 4 and so is Ethereal Queen.
If I'm correct, they went under the alias of Iseria Queen and Gabriella Celeste in Star Ocean: First Departure and Second Evolution.
Although these both are from another game, I think...

Anyone faced them and in which game do you think they were harder? I think they were quite the hardest in SO4.

Gabriel Celeste and Ethereal Queen each of different forms everytime you face them and they get a massive HP boost everytime you face them.
They start out with 2 wings, then move up to 4 wings and then go to their ultimate form 6 wings.

My vote would have gone to Star Ocean 3...but...
Freya was the real superboss of Star Ocean 3

« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 10:27:03 AM by Someddrnoob »

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia
  • I'll finish you in one strike! - Yukiko Amagi
  • Mood: Stressed Stressed

• View Profile
Re: Gabriel/Gabriella Celeste / Ethereal/Iseria Queen
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 10:39:24 PM »
I am not sure if Iseria Queen is in First Departure, but I know Gabriella Celeste is in both games.

In 1 and 2, they're nothing compared to 4.

They are both considered male I believe, plus they also appeared in the Valkyrie Profile games, along with their signature music The Incarnation of the Devil.

Both Gabriella Celeste and Ethereal Queen are Celestial beings
Spoiler: SO1, 2, 4 (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 10:28:29 AM by Someddrnoob »

Remember, Reimi is watching you... Don't get slapped!

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
Re: Gabriel/Gabriella Celeste / Ethereal/Iseria Queen
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 10:48:29 PM »

The queen is hell getting to in SO3, you have to through 100 floors of powerful boss battles.

Valkyrie Profile does have it's relations to Star Ocean
Lenneth and Freya from the Valkyrie Profile make a appearance, both fought as a boss. Freya is the true superboss of SO3, being more powerful then Ethereal Queen or Gabriel Celeste

« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 10:29:09 AM by Someddrnoob »

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia
  • I'll finish you in one strike! - Yukiko Amagi
  • Mood: Stressed Stressed

• View Profile
Re: [SPOILERS] Gabriel/Gabriella Celeste / Ethereal/Iseria Queen
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 04:54:41 AM »
It's been a while since I've thought about the two celestial beings, and now I'm going to give my two cents on comparing SO2 and SO4 Gabriel Celeste.

SO2's Gabriella Celeste was difficult if she was allowed to cast her spells, otherwise she goes down quick if she is stunlocked effectively by a good party of Claude, Opera, Bowman and Chisato, since IMO they're the most effective against bosses of all types.

SO4's Gabriel Celeste however, I like the fact they had the difficulty changes with the increase of wings up to 6 after he's defeated. He's definitely fun to fight and I found fighting him surprisingly fun and enjoyed a lot of the fight. Meracle's X-Claw juggling (Chain combo exceeded: 42 :o) and Bacchus's Rush Combo setup were fun against him.

Also, I've updated the thread with spoilers, time to skim through those spoiler tags and remove them, as most of them don't seem necessary.

Well, I'm pondering fighting the Ethereal Queen early in Star Ocean 4, but I'm in a conundrum.

Do I go with defense in the range of 6000-8300 with Sarah's Enshelter or should I re-synth my armors with 2 DEF+20% factors to get 9,999 DEF?

Remember, Reimi is watching you... Don't get slapped!