Author Topic: RNG and ZS Chest Appearance  (Read 146931 times)

FF12GrandMaster

Re: RNG and ZS Chest Appearance
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2009, 11:13:47 PM »
Here is your problem. When crossing a zone line into a non combat area or an area with no chests or monsters (eg Cerobi Blue Crystal and Nalbina Gate Crystal) the RNG doesn't move at all. However, the moment you cross a line into an area where there is a chest (like the Seitengrate Chest) the RNG will shift patterns. You would have to open the door on the Airship not only so that it shifts to the correct pattern but also to the precise number for getting the chest and the Bow.

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2009, 06:52:16 AM »
I don't think so. Maybe I'm just being oblivious, but if we do happen to find a pattern JUST for the chest to appear... then on the first time it could have a much higher chance to appear. It's exactly like for the ZS, when you enter that area where it is, it also shifts patterns as you enter, no? I never tried the ZS so I don't know but it makes sense to me. Getting the chest to appear quickly first time like that makes you just have to worry about getting the 1% bow from the chest. With the chest appearing more often, trying to get the bow would be much fast, even if you do have to cold reset after every time. If this works, then instead of 1/10000 for the bow it would be 1 out of maybe 150. Just a thought. Maybe I just don't understand this though.

So say 3 was our magic number. The is NO chest nor monsters between the Nalbina Crystal and the Seitengrate... only NPC's, but they don't matter. So then, if you say the RNG doesn't move until the Seitengrate, shouldn't it be fine? I mean, if it works for ZS, where there are no enemies in Ore Separation, only when you get into the ZS area which is right next to, the RNG would also move. So if we use the same tactics to spawn the chest, shouldn't it work...?

« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 06:58:42 AM by wee187 »

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

dchanka

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2009, 07:41:32 AM »
Hi i have a PS 2 Series 700001, is there a different method on getting the zodiac spear with this system that i have?

As successful as this method is, there is still one sticking point for quite a few people and that is "How many times do I hit myself before entering the Phase 2 Dig?"  It seems that it differs depending on what your PS2 model is. As I only have the one model I can only give an answer for that particular one but I still have many people asking me the above question.

What I would like to do is to update the FAQ with the information that people need. However, to do that I need to gather that information which is where you all come into the equation. Have you been successful in getting the chest to show and getting the Spear? If so, can you please post the Model Number of your ps2 here (it's the SCPH number on the back) and how many times you have to hit yourself to get the chest to show regularly. The following is the only info I have to date that has been confirmed to me:

Series 30001 - Hit self 3 times
Series 30004 - Hit self twice. Chest will appear after hitting self 5 times but seems to appear more with 2 hits.
Series 39001 - Don't hit self at all
Series 39003 - Hit self twice
Series 39004 - Hit self twice whilst by the Gate Crystal
Series 55001 - Don't hit self at all. Apparently the chest spawns 20 or 25% of the time
Series 70012 - Hit self 3 times. Some appear to have better luck not hitting themself at all. Take your pick :D
Series 75001 - Don't hit self at all
Series 75004 - Hit self 3 times. One report said it also appears if you don't hit yourself at all.
Series 77001 - Hit self once. Reported 38% success rate.
Series 77004 - Hit self 3 times. One gamer reports that it can take 5 hits to get the chest to appear.
Series 79002 - Hit self 3 times
Series 79003 - Don't hit self at all
Series 90001 - Hit self 3 times
Series 90006 - Don't hit self at all

I would appreciate any info that can be added to these details so please post here. Thanks :)

-----

hi i have a series series 70001 (SCPH) ps 2, is there a difference on getting the spear with this system? email me please triniman_2_d_bone@yahoo.com

Mod Edit: Please watch the double posting. Just edit your original post next time. Thanks. ;)

« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 08:22:51 AM by wee187 »

FF12GrandMaster

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2009, 03:46:29 PM »
I have no info on your PS2 model. The only way I can get that info is when someone reports their results. Obviously I can't test it out myself as I don't have access to all the different models so I rely on others to inform me.

bmxer31

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2009, 12:12:39 AM »
I post my question here since it seems to be the most active thread about RNG.

Does a soft reset move the RNG? I know it doesn't reset the RNG but what about the RNG itself? Is the RNG modified by a soft reset?

Because if the RNG is not modified with a soft reset, it would be possible to use the RNG for chests in a speed run => With a normal file, you manipulate the RNG and stops 2 hits before the 5 hits combo. Do a soft reset and load your speed run file. When you enter the area, the RNG would be in theory at the right position for the rare item... Maybe not ...

What do you think about that ?

FF12GrandMaster

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2009, 12:32:27 AM »
A reset will move the RNG.

billygoten

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2009, 06:35:03 AM »
I can now get the Zodiac Spear every time I cold start. I learned some interesting things too, at least about how my machine handles the movements in the RNG (and I must expect that it works similarly on different models).

It doesn't start with exactly the same values on different models though, but I'm working on that.

I am going to see if I can get in touch with one or more of my friends to find a fairly easy way to apply what I can do to their different model.

The process involves manipulating the RNG in pretty much the same way as getting the treasure, as has been suggested. I move it into a position that causes the ZS to appear upon entering the room and since it's done early, you don't miss the first marker in FF12GM's newest farming method.

zero369

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2009, 11:14:14 AM »
in what chest you are trying to do that bmxer?

i also thinking something like this in my speed run..
i think we don't have enough knowledge for that

lukpq

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2009, 06:05:36 PM »
hey guys, my ps2 is model 70006... how many times do i have to hit myself? someone have the same model as me?

AstriBlair

• Vanguard
  • Behold,the truth and lies that it keeps behind..
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2009, 06:14:11 PM »
I think no one has..Well you can test it out so GM can add the model of your Ps and number of hits for it to spawn for reference.

Life is never easy for Game-addicted humes

FFXIIMiniMaster

• Moppet
  • ~FFXII and FFVII, by far are two of the best~
  • Mood: Hyper Hyper

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2009, 06:42:27 PM »

Series 30001 - Hit self 3 times
Series 30004 - Hit self twice. Chest will appear after hitting self 5 times but seems to appear more with 2 hits.
Series 39001 - Don't hit self at all
Series 39003 - Hit self twice
Series 39004 - Hit self twice whilst by the Gate Crystal
Series 55001 - Don't hit self at all. Apparently the chest spawns 20 or 25% of the time
Series 70012 - Hit self 3 times. Some appear to have better luck not hitting themself at all. Take your pick :D
Series 75001 - Don't hit self at all
Series 75004 - Hit self 3 times. One report said it also appears if you don't hit yourself at all.
Series 77001 - Hit self once. Reported 38% success rate.
Series 77004 - Hit self 3 times. One gamer reports that it can take 5 hits to get the chest to appear.
Series 79002 - Hit self 3 times
Series 79003 - Don't hit self at all
Series 90001 - Hit self 3 times
Series 90006 - Don't hit self at all

What About Model 70001? If no one knows, ill test it out and notify FF12GM of my results.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 06:46:20 PM by FFXIIMiniMaster »
~FFXII and FFVII, by far are two of the best~

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2009, 06:51:10 PM »
That model doesn't seem to be on the list yet, so it would be great if you could test it out :D

Spike6sic6

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2009, 04:08:22 AM »
Thought I'd give you guys some infos. I registered just so I could share, so you better enjoy  ;) .

Okay so my PS2 model is the 70001. At first I was trying 2-hits, but after like 20 tries(and still no chest) I figured it just wouldn't work. I can also tell that 0-hit, 1-hit and 3-hits didn't make the chest appear for me(concerning those, I cannot guarantee that it doesn't work. I've only tried it a few times each, and the chest didn't show up).

So after all this time trying to make it appear with no success, I tried 5-hits. Well, I cannot assure you that 5-hits will work, but I got the chest to appear twice out of about 4-5 tries(that was after spending hours trying 0, 1, 2 and 3-hits).

My conclusion is, the 5-hits most likely IS the way to go with model 70001. Again, the lack of testing might be an issue here, and maybe it's just luck(or badluck, depending on the point of view). And for the sake of it, I'll add infos on my "testing";

0-hit; No chests out of about 5 tries.

1-hit; No chests in a few tries(not more then 3).

2-hits; Hell no. It just WON'T spawn. Actually, I did get it to spawn once, but it probably due to a mistake on my own. I spent at least 20 tries with no chests at all.

3-hits; No chests in a few tries(not more then 3).

4-hits; Didn't try.

5-hits; Two chests out of about 5 tries.

I hope this helps in any way, I think it's still a step forward, considering the 70001 isn't even on the list.

ghost_player

• Moppet
  • aka Gsus
  • Mood: Full Full

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2009, 09:34:44 AM »
OMG! Thank you so much FF12GM! This is awesome!

My model number is 50001/N to add to your FAQ and the 2 hits didn't work the first time, so I loaded it up again and I tried 3 hits and it worked! I'll do it more to see if it's constant. Your method is flawless!  It beats playing it for hours and hours trying to get it.  I wonder how much the ZS sells for.  I'm always out of Gil.

I found you on youtube and was wondering if you have any other FAQS or secrets on the game.  I'm trying to beat Zodiark, Behemoth King, Yiazmat, and Omega Mark XII and was wondering if you had any FAQs on the best way to beat them or best Gambits.  Those are the only big bosses I have left.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 09:41:46 AM by ghost_player »
Life is short but sweet for certain ~DJM

FF12GrandMaster

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2009, 09:36:52 PM »
Unfortunately the Zodiac Spear sells for zero. :-\

Ok, strategies.

Zodiark

Make sure your characters' levels cannot be divided by 2, 3 or 4 as Zodiark can use level attacks. Having levels that are odd numbers that can't be divided by 3 will guarantee that all of Zodiark's level attacks will miss. Equip Black Masks and/or Demon Shilds to absorb dark and use shell to reduce Instant KO from Darkja by 50%. Use Opal Rings and Scathe/Scourge/Shock/Balance when Zodiark puts up his paling and uses Reflect but if both physical and magick palings are used you should switch to Balance/Scathe Motes as motes will go through both palings.

Behemoth King

One character with reverse and decoy should be kept well away from the other two characters. That way any AoE magicks will only hit the decoyed character. Leave the decoyed character doing physical attacks even when the paling makes BK immune to physical damage. Never heal the other two characters unless their HP falls below 10% when you should use a single X Potion on each. The idea is to keep their HP low so that when the physical paling goes up you can use these two characters to cast balance. Having them under Bubble with Indigo Pendants equipped will guarantee decent damage whilst BK is susceptible to magick damage. Reflected damage will keep their HP low.

Omega Mk XII

All characters with Bubble Belts. Use only these 3 gambits:

Ally: Any: Reverse
Ally: Status=Berserk: Dispel

Foe: Any: Attack

Switch out any KO'd characters and use a character who has just had reverse cast on them to revive them with Arise whilst they are out of the party. This strategy is sound and I used it against Omega in my Streaker Challenge (No weapons or armour) and defeated Omega in 22 minutes. With all characters having weapons and armour the battle should be easy. Levels are irrelevant here. All I say is that each of your characters need to be able to take just one hit from Omega without being KO'd. If they have Bubble Belts this shouldn't be a problem.

Yiazmat

There is loads of information available on the net giving strategies for Yiazmat. I suggest Googling it.