Author Topic: GROUND BREAKING NEWS!  (Read 24082 times)

funkyman02

• Vanguard
  • Let's bring on the Funk.
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
GROUND BREAKING NEWS!
« on: July 14, 2008, 11:12:06 PM »
Final Fantasy has been poted to the Xbox 360. Sony fans are going crazy and Xbox 360 fans are laughing in their faces. The PS3 will surely suffer for this. Discuss.

It is better for you to die in hope than to live in despair. Let me be your liberator. -Yunalesca, FFX

Max Power

• Rear Guard
  • Superintendent

• View Profile
Re: GROUND BREAKING NEWS!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 11:20:27 PM »
this is about the best news evar!!!  :o

...cause there's no way in hell I'm buying a PS3...unless MGS4 is never ported, then I'll get a PS3 for $30 on ebay in 6 years  ;)

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 04:11:13 AM »
There is a news trailer on the E3 website in the US.

Basically FFXIII is going to be available for both the PS 3 and for Xbox 360.

My feeling was, back when FFXIII got delayed, is the reason for this was because the PS 3 wasn't selling well, and Square Enix needed to see more machines in people's homes. If they had released this game just for the PS 3, there is NO way the company would recoup their costs, much less make any money. Let's face it, the PS 3 just has not sold enough to justify a large release of a game. Also the world is moving toward game companies needing to service gamers with only one game system. Most game companies have moved toward releasing games for more than one console.

The Xbox 360 is a good move, in my opinion, for BUSINESS. Whether or not we like it is another story.

Because I have both systems, I'll be sure to watch the reviews and see which system has the best version.

Still no release date though...

funkyman02

• Vanguard
  • Let's bring on the Funk.
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 04:20:48 AM »
If anything, the release date will be pushed back an extra year because of this development. Now we all need to wait for the Xbox 360 version to be finished.

It is better for you to die in hope than to live in despair. Let me be your liberator. -Yunalesca, FFX

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 04:26:52 AM »
Several games got delayed this past winter awaiting the PS 3 version, so this may be a common phenomenon in the years to come.

Also, Square Enix has ported their games to Nintendo DS so the company is expanding the franchise as far and wide as they can.

I see a couple of ramifications. One is that game companies are going to have to hire a lot more staff to service multiple consoles, assuming all of the consoles stay "alive." Adding staff increases hugely to the costs that a game must recoup. I think there will be a lot of titles that may die in the early stages because the games have to make much more money to be profitable.

So, game companies may have to get much bigger.

On the flip side, this can benefit the homebrew game developer, the single person or small group who makes games. The online game services could purchase "small" games for online downloads. Or, the larger game companies might find it's more profitable to scout out single person game developers making homebrew and buy that game outright for publication under the larger corporate name. A homebrewer could be a better job than ever to have, if you can make your own games and sell them to larger companies who want to make as much as they can on a game without having to pay huge overhead and staff salaries/benefits.

Our little Final Fantasy fan site could look to grow larger as Xbox players start playing FF games.   ;)

A new world... ;D

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 04:29:03 AM by pprincess »

FF12GrandMaster

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 04:29:10 AM »
* Is sick of all the "Will they...won't they?" *

Anyone wanna buy a 60Gb PAL PS3? >:(

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 04:29:49 AM »
The game will still be available for the PS 3.

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 05:42:18 AM »
i have to admit i just watched it on tv today
i have to admit i am a sony fan and i was kind of shocked as in,                 
what the ****??!!!

i have always loved the playstation ;D i was like yoichi wada-san WHYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am going to have recover from this one :'(

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 06:20:45 AM »
still, it's for both consoles. I have neither, and I'll most likely get PS3, but maybe 360 may not be a bad choice either. Whatever console FFXIII comes out on, I'll get it.

I wish Sakaguchi still directed/produced FF's.He always made things happen, and fast ;D

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 09:01:58 AM »
What are they going al console :o

Just check some resources and it seems that FF Versus XII is still Playstation only ;D or have they already announced different :-X

x8m8x3k3t

• Rear Guard
  • System that works, evolves complex that doesn't.
  • Mood: Indescribable Indescribable

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 09:10:05 AM »
Woot! Now I don't need to buy that crappy 40Gb PS3 model.

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 04:56:00 PM »
What are they going al console :o

Just check some resources and it seems that FF Versus XII is still Playstation only ;D or have they already announced different :-X

no there are no plans on a wii release because of its "wii-mote" and motion control stuff

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 05:03:54 PM »
Never buy a 40GB PS3. Always buy a 60GB one. 40s can't play PS2 games, 60s can and also 60s have more capabaility of doing other stuff too. Xbox 360s are alright but i prefer playstations. If the FFXIII is coming out on both what are we worried about?

FFZell

• Brave Companion
  • Vos plus mihi par fatum
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 05:32:47 PM »
hmm....now i wonder...if FFXIII comes out on 360, then should I get a 360 for Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, and other games, or a PS3 for Heavenly Sword, and any other RPGs out on the PS3?

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Nostrum verus vita est ut nos es in nostrum somnium suscitatio - Henry David Thoreau

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 05:33:59 PM »
Why not try and get both?