Author Topic: GROUND BREAKING NEWS!  (Read 24083 times)

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Re: GROUND BREAKING NEWS!
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 09:15:46 PM »
Well its time for some updates to prevent misunderstandings ;D

First the official trailer that was shown at the E3 Final Fantasy XIII E3

As know it has been announced that Final Fantasy XIII will also be released on the Xbox360, but this will only be in America en Europe. Final Fantasy XIII will still be an Playstation only in Japan (Funny, but true ;D)
There probably won't be an simultaneous release. The games first need to be localised. Also if the release date of both Xbox and playstation will be the same is also unknown.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still announced to be a Playstation exclusive (So I assume this will remain a ps exclusive unless Sqaure state different)

Personally I feel less betrayed by Square (Its not that I hate them for going al consul but why so suddenly)
A Playstation only in Japan means that the game is original made to be played on the Ps. Seeming that the hardware of the Ps can handle way more than that of the Xbox. I'm begging to feel that the Ps will still get a better version.
Point two is the non simultaneous release. Seeming this meant addition content in the past. Which leads to an international version. And of course you can see it coming were I'm going, with the Playstation only in Japan 8)

But in they end I just hope they won't mess up and deliver us as nice thirteenth instalment ;)

x8m8x3k3t

• Rear Guard
  • System that works, evolves complex that doesn't.
  • Mood: Indescribable Indescribable

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 09:40:55 PM »
Update about 40GB PS3 Model: They might add backward compatibility to it.

FFZell

• Brave Companion
  • Vos plus mihi par fatum

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 10:15:30 PM »
Zodiac Killer, I can't get both, money is a fickle thing, and many people demand it of me just for basic living  ;D...I might buy the PS3 in the near future, maybe in a year or two, and maybe in five years get the 360...If I go full time, I might be able to get them sooner...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Nostrum verus vita est ut nos es in nostrum somnium suscitatio - Henry David Thoreau

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 10:24:26 PM »
I can't afford them both either. In fact i lent my mum my life savings (sounds a lot but i'm only 13 so it was only ?1500 (about $3000)) and she hasn't paid me back yet. Whichever you pick you'll enjoy it.

funkyman02

• Vanguard
  • Let's bring on the Funk.
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 10:48:07 PM »
Another important aspect. In an interview after the "big news," a question was aked about how many discs will FFXIII take up on the Xbox 360. The answer was one since there would be no need to go over 8GB.

This is horrible news. That emans since the Xbox 360 has an inferior disc (DVD compared to Blu-Ray), then the PS3 needs to suffer as well. That said, this simply means that they will not use the Blu-Ray disc to its highest potential. They are possibly cutting out content that could have been there, dumbing down textures, etc.

UGH!

It is better for you to die in hope than to live in despair. Let me be your liberator. -Yunalesca, FFX

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 11:38:05 PM »
It is not necessarily true that the game will suffer in the port. The files can be compressed on the disk but still play fine on the Xbox.

You can compress all of FFXII on your computer to 4 mb, change the file to a UMD file, save it to 4 mb memory stick, and play it on your PSP if you want. The textures will definitely change a bit, but to do this there was no need to change the original DVD of the game, it's a simple data compression that takes 5 minutes.

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 11:44:29 PM »
yea i still think the ps3 version will be better because it has better hardware

i think the reason in japan final fantasy 13 is still ps3 exclusive is more people have ps3s in japan than 360s
and im guessing more people prefer the ps3 over 360 in japan
i have seen some sales charts and it does look like the ps3 is fareing better n japan

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 06:31:36 AM »
It is not necessarily true that the game will suffer in the port. The files can be compressed on the disk but still play fine on the Xbox.

You can compress all of FFXII on your computer to 4 mb, change the file to a UMD file, save it to 4 mb memory stick, and play it on your PSP if you want. The textures will definitely change a bit, but to do this there was no need to change the original DVD of the game, it's a simple data compression that takes 5 minutes.

How in the world would you move the camera? xD

And doesn't the PSP have to be modded to do that?

Anyway, back on topic, I think FF13 would have the 360 release simple and to the point, while the PS3 would have additional content(like more side quests, such more) not on the 360.

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 07:00:32 AM »
wee, yes you would have to have custom firmware on your PSP. It's really easy to do though.

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 07:23:45 AM »
Awesome, maybe someday I'll stop by and you do it :D

I almost killed the PS2 while piecing it apart, so Swap Mgacik is my way, I don't wish to take anything else apart or risk bricking a PSP. But what about the camera? ???

I want more FF13 info >.< although it looks very very very futuristic. I'm sure FFXII would still be my favorite even after experiencing 13 though. Also, I've heard they've just begun production on FFXIV :o IMO it would be similar to XII, dunno, it just feels that way ;D

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 07:41:30 AM »

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 07:58:23 AM »
But...the camera... :'( My question still goes unanswered.... Come on Carie, is there a way to move it or not? ???

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 09:02:52 AM »
Nah I don't think they will drop the content for the PS3. Like pprincess sad they simply compress the data for the Xbox. Meaning they got the same content. Only longer loading times (yup a compression still has its side effects ;D).

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 04:41:08 PM »
*falls to the ground*

My question..... Dx I just want an answer people.. I know it's a bit off topic, but it's bugging me like crazy! Dx

Is there a way to move the camera when you switch the files to the PSP or not? ???

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 04:54:50 PM »
Sheesh, wee, let me introduce you to a thing called Google. It's there for you to search out things you want an answer to!  ::) Do you even have a PSP?

Most of the time the square button functions as the camera. You tap that and use the stick to move the camera.