Author Topic: End of Eternity/Resonance of Fate - Why tri-Ace switched to SEGA  (Read 1483 times)

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
End of Eternity/Resonance of Fate - Why tri-Ace switched to SEGA
« on: September 13, 2009, 11:47:46 PM »
I for one have been wondering why tri-Ace decided to abondon it's long time producer Square-Enix for SEGA for the latest development title, End of Eternity (Resonance of Fate in English).

But a few reports have come out lately quoting tri-Ace developer Takayuki Suguro (who had orginally worked on Vagrant Story and FFTactics) stating:
"Because SEGA has a more open attitude towards accepting new RPG ideas than Square Enix, we’d decided to have SEGA release End of Eternity"
What are your thoughts on that, do you agree with it or not? In my honest opinion, tri-Ace just lost a friend, although outside of RPG's Sega - particularly in the western world (which Resonance of Fate is targeting significantly) I don't think there will be much difference popularity wise. Although this probably means the end of the Star Ocean series.

One of many sources

Judge Magister Gabranth

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Content Content

• View Profile
Re: End of Eternity/Resonance of Fate - Why tri-Ace switched to SEGA
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 12:30:46 AM »
Maybe it's because of the fact that Square has like four rpgs in the making atm and don't have time for five????

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 02:54:46 AM »
i guess tri-ace wanted more freedom in developing their own games and they think square-enix has too much of a grip on them
we'll see if this descision will hurt them or not based on how good the game is when it comes out 

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

Hampman

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 04:58:09 PM »
I actually think that square enix is more conservative than Sega, no to bash them or anything, they are still a good company and such. It is just that Sega has a more open and friendly attitude towards unique and new ideas and I also think that is why Tri-ace chose them over square. It will be intresting to see what the future has in store for us when speaking of JRPGs.

Like video games and JRPGs? Then check out my youtube channle!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Mikachai