Author Topic: My new file  (Read 5322 times)

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
Re: My new file
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 05:17:48 PM »
I kept the Frostblade this time for Rush even though he's not using it. A lot of players don't give David the Frostblade because he has to start over on the combat arts tree, going from one-handed sword to powergrip. For awhile he's weaker with combat until he gets some powergrip arts. His Invocations are powered up more, but Invocations aren't that useful later in the game.

Irina or Wyngale have much more powerful Psionics that Ghor, but if you like using him it's worth it. I like using him for his defense, HP and his drunken singing during B'elkwynith's Fury (not sure I spelled that right).

Yesterday I finished Jager's quest, which took me more than an hour because my parties weren't hitting very hard. After that several of my people upgraded their weapons, and turned a bit of a corner when we went to Fornstrand and they were gaining tons of stats on the monsters in there. So I did Darken Forest without too much trouble, and then went to Mt. Vackel and defeated Heaven's Lord and enough vultures for the their component to get the Anthrovore Weekly so I can upgrade Rush's cudgel. Rush is mostly doing Traps and Explosives now.

So today I will upgrade Rush's weapon and probably get extra components for the others on my teams using cudgels. Then it's full scale preparation for the Fallen, and I may do some more ranked guild quests because I don't know yet if I am going to need those ranks to upgrade my cudgel further than one more upgrade.

Zeikuu

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Puts the Pro in Procrastination
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 05:20:09 PM »
well i picked Duke of Ghor since he has his remant art as well as ability to use Psionics..

And i'm currently doing the Assistant Quest which i'm hating with all the collecting. Going to give rush the Frost blade and i'm also getting the Serpant star for it's instakill effect.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 09:23:34 AM »
I've had a bit of fun messing around with my current game. Decided to see where I'm at with the Fallen, in terms of defense, knowing I don't yet have enough damage dealt per union to finish out in 10 turns, but I wanted to see how my duckies would at least hold up to the attacks. They held out fine and in two trials I made it through to turn 10, but still hadn't dealt enough damage.

Gaou wins the Academy Award for Best Defensive Performance by a Male Player against the Fallen. I've never seen the like. Without needing a heal, he went through the following:

Blackout: meh  8)
Whiteout: not good enough  ;)
Animalcule: Dodge  :o
Rain of Blades: 'tis but a scratch  :o  :o  :o

After Rain of Blades everyone else was down. Gaou's union simply had to use a single heal to top themselves off to full. But by now the Fallen was in total disgust and went straight up to Gaou, and with his long claw of an arm, the Fallen took him out in one hit, botching the union.

Unbelievable. I just sat there and laughed.  :D

« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 09:26:21 AM by pprincess »

Zeikuu

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 07:51:51 PM »
i'm currently getting ready for the fallen right now..

I've managed to fix rush so he is no longer a marauder and has no changed to a gladiator making him combat art efficient instead of Mystic arts which is now good as he has learnt peerless Crossbreak V. i have a revitalise healer in every single union making it great as that is full heal basically. Emmy in union 1, Irina in union 2 then in union 3 and 4 i have a normal troop able to cast it. Irina and Emmy can cast Kiss of life and in union 3 and 4 one soldier has the ability to use Vivification tincture allowing each union to full revive another. My unions HP currently stand at around 3k each with a BR of 64.

Union 1: 3640 HP
Rush
Emmy
Generic
Generic
Generic

Union 2: 3010 HP
Jager
Irina
Generic

Union 3: 3000 HP
Torgal
Generic
Generic
Generic
Generic

Union 4: 3400 HP
Duke Of Ghor
Generic
Generic
Generic
Generic

Rush is capable of dealing around 6k damage his self and emmy is also capable of dealing at least 6k with Devils Due and Acalas wrath II dealing in between 9k-14k. if she uses hundred flowers though she can easily exceed 25k damage alone which compared to everybody else is a great amount of damage with nightbloom. Emmy also knows Hexes so if she can learn Cachexia then thats also a bonus.

Torgal is capable of dealing at least 10k with Mighty Quadrille II and with the rest of his union it can come up to about 20k damage. This union has a Hexer and i'm trying to get him to learn Cachexia so far hoping that will help me get along.

Duke Of Ghor for me is like your gaou having great defence and being able to deal at least 8k damage. his union usually averages at about 16k damage.

Since Jagers Union only has 3 people but still keeps up HP wise i think something funny is happening here. Jager can usually deal about 5k and the generic is a evocation user knowing up to snare shot so he usually uses silencer. Irina's mystic abilites are unparalled by anybody else now she has the dead heart. Jager also has Schiavona.

havn't tried the fallen yet as i still have the quest ladies of bloody alice to do but i'm hoping that by at least BR 70 i'll beat the Fallen.

New Achievements:
Death And Destruction - Defeated 2000 Monsters - 30G - got this during the 4th Lob Omen Fight
Rules Of Consecution - Achieve a Battle Chain Of 200 - 30G

I got this early and Irina still does not have Psionics.. I decided to get it since my new troops didn't have great skills and needed some training so i got this and my troops i got because battle ready and i took on the six bases with ease.

I'm guessing the Best place to stat grind would be taking the monsters on in the DLC area The Ancient Ruins... if there is a better place would you be so kind as to tell me.

I'm also having trouble with the Upgrading of the Frostblade as at the customization shop it says i could turn into something special but i've forgotten how and i want to make it fully customized if possible before i do the fallen. i know you have to upgrade your customization level but which level is it if you know.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 08:57:18 PM by xshadowblitzx »

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 03:29:38 AM »
You will probably need Professional Customization book, to get that you need the Dwarven Core, a split from any of the rare monsters in Sixth Path. The easiest to spawn is Bloody Nussknacker. Dont' forget to save before fighting him. He does respawn but it will save you a ton of time to get the first time you see him.

To get Frostblade Artis, you will need Jewel Steel x 8, Butterfly Liver x 10 and Reya's Note x 3. There doesn't seem to be any information on the Frostblade Virtutis which is the upgrade after that. To get the Reya's Notes, there are a couple in the Ancient Ruins on third level in a chest. You can get a couple more from doing Loki's quest.

Unless you get lucky with the Jewel Steels, I wouldn't bother upgrading it further until after Undelwalt. The time and monster fighting all this will take is longer than you will need just to prepare for the Fallen.

Zeikuu

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 10:04:03 AM »
here was me thinking that the only way to get Reya's notes was by fighting the enlightened seven. and i'm currently training in the Ancient Ruins but i've noticed a lack of mini map which means i'm going to get lost sooooooo much.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 08:01:10 PM »
There is an okay map on the Last Remnant wikia and another larger one on Gamefaqs but stupidly that one doesn't list exactly what the treasures are. The only thing I can suggest is to open all the doors even if you don't go through them. Some of the doors remain open and that can be a marker to you if you're running around lost. One door that stays open is the teleporter room. The doors reset if you leave and come back, but at least while you're there you can get a sense of where you are. If you spend a lot of time in there you get to know your way around and it isn't too bad.

ASephiroth

• Moppet
  • Mood: Cold Cold

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 06:37:44 PM »
Or another trick I leanred... go through ti so many tiems you memorize every corner.... but that can be a pain heh youll get skilled up pretty good!

Im glad you to see me I garontee! Fry baby, fry!

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009, 08:33:53 AM »
Terror Wing drops a Reya's Note. I have 4 of them now. Other than the Terror Wing drop, the guild task ones can be cloned by characters who need them for their weapon upgrades, such as Gaou.

The PC version may have some differences, not sure about that.

I'm down to having only Demigod, Enlightened Conqueror, Enlightened 7 and Lost Remnant left before finishing my generics +Rush on a Cudgel game. The first 3 are totally do-able, but the Lost Remnant may be impossible due to the limitations on the length of that fight. My characters are well-defended but they deal out far less damage than the generals or other quest hires like Glenys, Jager and Nora.

To understand how this works out, today I compared my Leshau's stats casting Confuse V with FF12GrandMaster's  same for Irina. I know that Irina can do at least 30k damage with Confuse V. But my Leshau is only getting 8k-11k. He has a mystic attack of 107 and INT of 107. FF12GM's Irina had stats about 3 dozen numbers higher. So that's just one example of how guild-hired leaders are going to do less damage than the main characters in the game, and it takes longer to beat the big guns at the end of the game. As a result, I'm not sure it's possible to do Lost Remnant. I have the additional limit of Rush using a Cudgel which means he's well defended but is doing half the damage he would be doing, even with Omnistrike, if he had a decent weapon.

Therefore, a game with hired guild leaders that aren't part of the main story can still complete everything in the game, but for the Lost Remnant, that battle can be done but it will rely more heavily on Rush's combat damage output than any of the other battles. If he is not being used in a combat fashion, the Lost Remnant may not be possible with just generic leaders.

Also, when picking generic leaders, at least 2 are going to need weapon arts. Not all guild leaders get weapon arts, so make sure to get at least two that will, and preferably early like around BR 100. It's a drag waiting for Gaou to get his going now at BR 118-120.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 08:36:18 AM by pprincess »