12 (35.3%)
I Dont Care
16 (47.1%)
It's too much
2 (5.9%)
I Dislike it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Violent games  (Read 11548 times)

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
Re: Violent games
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 09:17:53 AM »
:P ouch
and actually yeah that's why i played RE was i got to kill,shoot,maim evil zombies and get killed in a variety of ways while doing it
but not because i was like "oh i hear you can see the vains in his neck slowly dry up and the color fade from his face"
BUT some games hade so much more beond the graphical aspects that they aren't a gore overload that GOW3 looks to be
i mean GOW1 had a lot of other stuff so it evened out but i knew if they made sequels they wouldlose those characteristics and would be primarily to spill as much blood as possible
and that's NOT something i want in my games

BafflinBook

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 11:38:29 AM »
Yes it's true but is the beheading part(made as real as possible) really necessary??

« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 11:41:00 AM by BafflinBook »

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Busy Busy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 11:57:17 AM »
Necessary, no. If its awesome, probably. Should they put in it, yes, butt only if there is gonna be a restriction on it so younger players cant play it. Maby its a good idea to let the salesmen tell about it to the customers. Just in case they are buying it for their little kids.

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 01:28:57 AM »
yea i buy games mostly based on gameplay/story whether it has extreme amounts of violence or not
when gets right down to it, if the game is good or really fun i will probably get it

of course, Left for Dead doesn't have much of a story BUT it is still loads of fun to play. i'd buy it cheap though since it doesn't have the greatest storyline, etc. to make me pay up like $60

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

Judge Magister Gabranth

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Content Content

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2009, 05:31:25 AM »
About the decapitation thing, all I have to say is: YOU try taking a shotgun to the face from one foot away and see how in tact your head is. They're just all about realism I guess.

THOUGH I will say that RE4-5 passed a certain point of realism when you could blow their heads off from across the map with a rock :P

« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 05:35:41 AM by Judge Magister Gabranth »

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2009, 06:33:25 AM »
About the decapitation thing, all I have to say is: YOU try taking a shotgun to the face from one foot away and see how in tact your head is. They're just all about realism I guess.

THOUGH I will say that RE4-5 passed a certain point of realism when you could blow their heads off from across the map with a rock :P

:D lol nice one JMG

but what do you mean blow their head off with a rock? ??? you cant even use rocks in RE 4 or 5
RE 4/5 probably did have more head exploding than it was being realistic but its just part of the game and i guess people like to see zombie's heads explode 

not that im saying its a good thing to laugh at people's heads exploding, but come on there must been at least one time when you shot a zombie in the face and it made you laugh, even a little bit

however, with graphics getting more and more realistic its becoming less funny and more intense(or something like that)

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

Ergunno

• Moppet
  • Love Games, Love Anime

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2009, 10:42:46 PM »
Of course theres times I laugh when a zombie's head explodes. Play Call of Duty World at Warzombie mode with friends or Left 4 Dead with friends and you'll see XD.

Judge Magister Gabranth

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2009, 01:52:54 AM »
:D lol nice one JMG

but what do you mean blow their head off with a rock? ??? you cant even use rocks in RE 4 or 5
I was speaking hypothetically :P Basically, if you had a rock and you threw it at a gonado in RE4 EVEN IF YOU HIT IT IN THE LEG it's head would probably explode.

I mean, I love exploding Spanish Zombie heads as much as the next guy but this was a bit much.

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2009, 08:54:35 AM »
I was speaking hypothetically :P Basically, if you had a rock and you threw it at a gonado in RE4 EVEN IF YOU HIT IT IN THE LEG it's head would probably explode.
Uhhhh maybe I played a different RE4, but by me the heads would only explode if you made a head shot. If you shot a zombie in the leg it would just "stun" for a moment.

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2009, 12:05:44 PM »
Neither in mine Re4 the Head explode if you hit the leg.

Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get.

Judge Magister Gabranth

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2009, 03:37:27 PM »
Uhhhh maybe I played a different RE4, but by me the heads would only explode if you made a head shot. If you shot a zombie in the leg it would just "stun" for a moment.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And once again, I was speaking hypothetically. Jeez lighten up guys :P

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2009, 10:27:50 PM »
yea i guess thats what you mean, if you shoot a ganado with a parasite in it, its head will explode no matter where you hit it

Judge Magister Gabranth

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2009, 12:17:57 AM »
One of the things I loved about RE4 was the fact you could blow their heads off too. I just got this feeling of "Ha! Not gettin up from that one, are you?" Whereas a simple headshot was just "Yeah... that's dead."

The parasites were just icing on the cake. Right after I blew their heads all over the walls, something ELSE came out and gave me a feeling of "YES! Something more to killdeath!"

However, in RE5 the head explosions did in fact give me that feeling, but the parasites were A LOT HARDER TO KILL and sometimes your bullets would actually bounce off of them :o . So instead of "YES!" I was always thinking "OH CRAP WHERE BE MAH GRENADES"

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2009, 05:31:40 AM »
yea when one of the parasites popped out, i would go on a shotgun rampage and kill it
good thing not many parasites can take a shotgun blast to the face. i also thinks its funny when you through a grenade into a crowd in RE 5 and you just see arms/chunks flyin everywhere :D

anyway, so we can get back on topic, what other violent games have you played that are worth mentioning?

Vampirlord 17

• Vanguard
  • A butler to DIE for.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2009, 05:13:44 PM »
I acctualy dont mind it,if they die by a cruel violence death,by torture,or just beeing shoot,its same for me.Just that the game goes on  ;)