12 (35.3%)
I Dont Care
16 (47.1%)
It's too much
2 (5.9%)
I Dislike it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Violent games  (Read 11542 times)

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
Re: Violent games
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2009, 01:43:23 AM »
I honestly don't care at all. A game is a game, no need to be horrified by it. Same thing goes with movies too. It's not real at all.

Apppppppple

• Rear Guard
  • ? Music is the art of the soul. ?

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2009, 02:15:26 AM »
I completely agree with Ally on this one. Word for word, if you don't like the games, just don't play them, if you like 'realism' when you shoot something in a shooter game, then blood is going to happen.

-?

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2009, 03:48:31 AM »
well talking about "realism"
i can see in, lets say god of war that when you stab something it bleeds or dies
that's fine
but when you rip things in two just by stabbing stuff from two sides at the same time and pulling, and then a human sized creature looses like 4 gallons of blood it's a bit rediculous

Judge Magister Gabranth

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Content Content

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2009, 04:24:19 AM »
Yeah. It seems that everything you shoot in horror games have very high blood pressure.

Fairy Girl

• Hedge Knight
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2009, 05:14:16 AM »
Well, that's what ESRB is for. It's either Mild Blood, Blood, and Blood and Gore. I actually hate games with too much blood, but hey, it's just a game and no reason to shy away from it.

The point is, I have people I can count on. I'll make it through... ~Serah Farron

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2009, 01:31:50 AM »
well talking about "realism"
i can see in, lets say god of war that when you stab something it bleeds or dies
that's fine
but when you rip things in two just by stabbing stuff from two sides at the same time and pulling, and then a human sized creature looses like 4 gallons of blood it's a bit rediculous

well all games aren't supposed to be realistic especially when you're talking about fantasy/mythology games like God of War where much crazier things happen than a guy bleeding 4 gallons of blood

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

Vampirlord 17

• Vanguard
  • A butler to DIE for.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2009, 01:12:26 AM »
ah God of War...so nice  8)

Realy,i like these things. Its not overeacted, and perfect. Some talk about assasins creed bad way of killing, while he is even nice enouth to end it fast  ;D

@keyblade:Yes, but there are top 10 s about moast realistic szene in a game. That is just real, even if the people are not real, cool effects.

Anyway, i ask myself, why do people call Call of Duty or shooters violent games that should be forever stopped making and selling?  ??? The game is fine to me even thou at my age if i lived in bigger tons, they surely wouldnt sell me call of duty.

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2009, 01:21:12 AM »
some people find it offense, etc. because its about war and they're kinda realistic. they also involve you killing a whole lot of people with guns that actually exist and can be used in real life

i personally do not find anything wrong with them

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

Vampirlord 17

• Vanguard
  • A butler to DIE for.

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2009, 12:46:15 PM »
well, it kinda teaches u what to do in situations, due to backup never comes for the right time lol

and i dont find it realistic at all maybe modern warfare at beginning, when beeing the president, they hit your pc xD

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2009, 06:11:27 PM »
its mainly the whole killing a lot of people with real guns is what bothers people

also, speaking of modern warfare, in some recently leaked footage of Modern Warfare 2 there has been a lot of conterversy over this gruesome airport scene. i haven't seen it but thats what ive heard. im still going to buy the game though

AstriBlair

• Vanguard
  • Behold,the truth and lies that it keeps behind..
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2009, 05:19:05 AM »
Violent games are cool and alright as long as you don't do what you see there to other real people.

Life is never easy for Game-addicted humes

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2009, 09:28:16 AM »
its mainly the whole killing a lot of people with real guns is what bothers people
True, but they only complain when its in a game. You don't hear them complain about the thousands of movies that feature brute killing scenes.

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2009, 05:28:51 PM »
True, but they only complain when its in a game. You don't hear them complain about the thousands of movies that feature brute killing scenes.
well USUALLY it's the bad guys killing inosent(sp?) civilians,and then the people dieing are bad guys so no one cares
but in a lot of video games you (the player) are supposed to be on the good side,but can kill civilians

and video games get a lot more heat because PARENTS don't enforce game ratings but do movie ratings and so we have 8 year olds playing GTA but not seeing live free or die hard
soooooooooo it's "bad" parents letting their kids play these games THEN a kid goes over to his house and plays them THEN his parents find out and throw a fit at the wrong people

and THAT is why violent video games get more heat then movies

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2009, 12:24:14 AM »

well thats cause you're just watching it, when you play a videogame you're actually controlling what happens and willingly shooting people

now, just so people don't get confused, i don't have problem with this but many parents do

but anyway have you guys heard about the airport scene in Modern Warfare 2? anyone seen it? i heard it caused a lot of conterversy and im curious

Vampirlord 17

• Vanguard
  • A butler to DIE for.

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2009, 01:23:15 PM »
ive read bout it. No pics thou. So, it didnt came yet in my land, so i will wait for it long...the japanese sword killings on world at war was realy hard on veteran ugh