12 (35.3%)
I Dont Care
16 (47.1%)
It's too much
2 (5.9%)
I Dislike it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Violent games  (Read 11547 times)

BafflinBook

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
Violent games
« on: October 21, 2009, 06:59:43 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_mHDgROLrU&feature=related

I was watching the demo of God Of War 3.At first i was really impressed by the graphic of current generation games but now i am shocked by the sheer brutality and gore in it.I know some players like these things but i wanted your opinions.

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
Re: Violent games
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 07:12:53 AM »
i don't mind most of it
(like getting your head cut off by a chainsaw in RE4)
but when you TRY as hard as you can to make it as bloody,violent and brutal as graphicly possible you've gone TOO FAR

BafflinBook

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 07:13:21 AM »
thats my point!!!

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 07:16:36 AM »
and it's a good point
*sigh* i remember when the worst was the red screen in the bond games :P

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 09:22:53 AM »
but when you TRY as hard as you can to make it as bloody,violent and brutal as graphicly possible you've gone TOO FAR
There are also movies that contain an even higher level of violence, so I don't see why a game like this should be to much.

Of course this one of those games on which the age restriction must really be upheld.

Apppppppple

• Rear Guard
  • ? Music is the art of the soul. ?

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 10:18:04 AM »
There are also movies that contain an even higher level of violence...
Like the SAW series. Ew...

-?

Ergunno

• Moppet
  • Love Games, Love Anime

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 11:43:03 AM »
I actually like this. But I like a lot of games. All genres, if it´s a well/made game, I´ll play it. I actually like the God of War series. This 1 seems even more brutal then ever. The length is to short though. So I´ll either rent this game when it releases or I´ll buy it on a saturday and trade it in for another game on monday. This game is actually beatable withint 2 days so why would I bother buying it...

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 07:30:08 PM »
There are also movies that contain an even higher level of violence, so I don't see why a game like this should be to much.

Of course this one of those games on which the age restriction must really be upheld.
those go even MORE too far ::)

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 07:35:42 PM »
those go even MORE too far ::)

Well I never mind this kind of violence in God of War, yet I hate the kind of violence used in GTA games. I guess its just the whole setting in which God of War rakes place, cause if you've know some about the Greek mythology you would know that those ain't lovely fairy tales either ::)

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 05:47:01 AM »
Well I never mind this kind of violence in God of War, yet I hate the kind of violence used in GTA games. I guess its just the whole setting in which God of War rakes place, cause if you've know some about the Greek mythology you would know that those ain't lovely fairy tales either ::)

lol i totally agree

brutally ripping someone apart in GOW feels so much different from killing people in GTA

as for me, im fine with violence and don't have a problem with it at all. i like it when games have blood, gore, etc. and i don't mind if its not there either

IMHO i think it is OK for companies to put as much violence as they want in videogames as long it is rated properly.
which means anything going too far will obviously be Ao rated and therefore pretty much unplayable since none of the 3 leading consoles support them

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 09:09:33 AM »
There is a wide range of violence in games in terms of how realistic it is. I don't mind some violence as long as it looks somewhat cartoony or fake. I'm not into games killing zombies or where limbs get chopped off with blood everywhere. I'm also not into war games. The games I prefer are games with magic spells. But mainly the violent games are games with a repetitive gameplay, shooters or whatever where you are doing the same thing over and  over, and often with not much of a story, and little to no strategy.

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 12:50:03 AM »
shooters or whatever where you are doing the same thing over and  over, and often with not much of a story, and little to no strategy.

well thats not completly true, i thought God of War had a pretty good storyline and Resistance was good too. there are other games that are very violent but have a good storyline too

however, i can see where you're coming from since i have played some very repetitive shooters as well

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

Judge Magister Gabranth

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Content Content

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 04:16:35 AM »
I very much agree with pprincess.

HOWEVER  I, myself, absolutely adore a good survival horror game that keeps me on my toes and makes me think about what I have to do next. This is why I thought Resident Evil 4 was such a wonderful game.

But back on topic, I don't really care about the gore in games as long as it's not everywhere you look. A good example of a game with a good storyline and moderate violence would be TimeSplitters 3: Future Perfect.

A game that's just pure violence and horror would be Dead Space, but in it's absolute gorefest it also makes you think about how you're going to handle things.

In all reality, I LOVE horror games, but not games like Left 4 Dead that just make you run around and shoot zombies for no apparent reason.

BafflinBook

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 07:04:25 AM »
Does people play and like GOW and RE because there were decapitation in delicate details in them??I have seen the body of a real person who took a suicidal plunge from the top of our condo.Now I wished i wasn't at home that day

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 09:13:49 AM »
Does people play and like GOW and RE because there were decapitation in delicate details in them??
Nope I've never played a game for the graphics (details) only. If the gameplay itself sucks I wouldn't play it in the first place, but the gameplay of GoW is really great. And I always liked the Greek mythology which is another reason to play GoW really.