Author Topic: FFXIII/FFXIII-2 Daily Update Thread - What's been done today? [SPOILERS!]  (Read 95159 times)

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
then I got mopped when
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
mech removed restrictions and I wasn't expecting such a big jump in power. :P

For that fight, it's all about staying on top of healing. When you're finally able to stagger it, have Lightning use Army of One 2-3 times, and then switch to something like Agression or Relentless Assault to mob the floor with it. It'll still take a few staggers, but that's usually how I approach that fight.

Buffs help a lot.

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

kokushishin

• Brave Companion

• View Profile

157/160 fragments;  I got Lucky Coin this morning which leaves the bestiary as the only annoying one left (other two are just paradox fights).   Took a break from that to restock--burned a ton of gil on monster materials.

kokushishin

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
Re: FFXIII/FFXIII-2 Daily Update Thread - What's been done today? [SPOILERS!]
« Reply #572 on: August 07, 2012, 11:57:17 PM »

All fragments.   Still need a chunk of Gil,  plenty of monster building etc.   Internet's been acting up a ton so I haven't been able to get to the DLC.

kokushishin

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 14, 2012, 03:29:44 PM »

Burned through my stock of Power Crystals so I'm getting more to try and finish Odin. 

Hal

• Moppet
  • Mood: Hyper Hyper

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 29, 2012, 12:11:46 AM »
I'm currently playing a NCU Challenge in XIII. Had a good flow til Chapter 11 (40 hours total til 11), stucked a little at Mission 12 because of my completely undergeard party and nearly no gil to upgrade. But overcome that after a week or so. Well, i played FFXIII in that week 2-3 hours. Wasn't really motivated there.

Now i'm at hour 84 and farmed approximately 13mio Gil. Upgraded some weapons  earlier before with 2,5mio to Tier 2* and want to do a few missions. Before that i will upgrade my HP Bangles to Maximum. 3000+ HP more, makes it a little easier. This one Adamanchelid near the Mahabara Entrance, protecting a Treasure with one Gold Nugget looks interesting, too. Maybe will try him. I Have more than in enough Shrouds anyway. Will update this now and then :).

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 12:13:39 AM by Hal »

Hal

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 10, 2012, 11:13:17 PM »
Continued farming until hour 100 and upgraded my HP Bangles. The Adamanchield was a very funny experience. I made a video of this fight if someone is interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJEb1J9yv_8&feature=youtu.be

Mission 15-20 is also done. Next stop: Taejin Tower, yeah.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 12:04:04 AM by Hal »

Hal

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 13, 2012, 05:19:24 PM »
Taejnn Tower almost done. There's only Dahaka left. I messed up with upgrading and made to many Traps. Now i have not enough Gil left over to use them properly. Farming again.

Hal

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 25, 2012, 12:02:04 AM »
Have enough Gil after another 15 hours of farming and upgraded Hopes Hawkeye, Fangs Partisan and Sazhs Deneb Duellers to their ultimate form. Dahaka had really no chance in his 2:17 minutes of lifetime against my party. I think, Dahaka even glitched a little. Normally, he does his Diluvial Plague, after he lose 50% of his life. Well, this time he doesn't. He was already at 10% or so after the first stagger, maybe that triggerd the glitch.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:47:13 PM by Hal »

Hal

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 02, 2012, 05:17:38 PM »
Beaten Bart 2 in Oerba in my very first Try in my NCU Challenge. Actually, this was only a try for practice to see how the mechanics and tactic are working.  I was very suprised and a little shocked.

After all the frustration with him along several forums, i expect it much more difficult. Used Snow, Fang and Vanille. All with magic raising weapons. Fang and Vanille kept Slow and Deshell on him with a MAN-MAN-RAV paradigm. This paradigm raised the stagger gauge too. When Bart was staggerd, i switched between COM-RAV-RAV and COM-COM-MED. I used SEN-SEN-MED for his area attacks and for healing.
Basically, that was everything i did. He fall after 8 minutes and 29 seconds.

Ohh, almost forgotten. I summoned Bahamut at his first Apoptosis. In that way, only Fang loses all her buffs, the other two kept them the full time. That was a huge advantage.

kokushishin

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 02, 2012, 10:43:45 PM »

XIII-2: still mostly building.

XIII: went back and went to making some more weapons for lulz.

Hal

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 03, 2012, 10:25:19 PM »
Another Try on Bart 2 in Oerba. The boss was really demolished this time. Battle Time now: 3 minutes and 42 seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1ysMuOaCRQ

Highly satisfying for me, so i can go on now.

Hal

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 22, 2012, 01:42:36 AM »
Bandersnatch & Jobberwocky (mostly with Shiva), Wladislaus (very easy with RIC and Odin) and Tiamat Eliminator (Firsttry) down. Looking forward to Barthi 3 and Orphan.

kokushishin

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 25, 2013, 09:36:14 PM »

Got ROTG and a couple other things in my download queue but I still gotta mess with my network.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:38:18 PM by kokushishin »

Hal

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 27, 2013, 08:55:05 PM »
Barth 3 done. It was a long fight at first, even with doom counter at the end. But everything works fine now and he loses in approximately 11 min. I struggle at Orphan, what a hell of a boss. Should try some different tactic. I can't make it with only one healer.

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 02, 2013, 06:19:00 AM »
Been playing through again, was at the forest place with Lightning and Hope and noticed that the elevators sometimes make the same sound as the M-44 Hammerhead from Mass Effect 2 does when it completes scan.