Author Topic: FFXIII Collectors edition announced & Masashi Hamauzu Leaves Square Enix  (Read 2733 times)

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
It seems that finally a Final Fantasy XIII collectors edition is revealed. The first rumours appeared on the web after a Italian game store placed the Collects edition on there website. Now 1 day later screen shots of Square-Enix newsletter with the FFXIII Collectors editions have been appearing.

While Square still remains vague in there newsletter the additional extra's are rumoured to be:
- A Soundtrack (probably only a few selected tracks like Dissidia had)
- An Art Book
- A Comic Book (rumoured to be a translation of the additional drama CD that comes with the limited editions of the OST)
- Artistic Trading Cards

This all will be available for €80,- in Europe, whether the USA will receive the same collectors edition, if they get one at all, is still unknown.

At the same time Square Enix Music Online has stated that composer Masashi Hamauzu has left Square-Enix. Apparently he's not the first to leave as fellow composers Kenichiro and Junya Nakano also both left Square-Enix. Masashi Hamauzu is mainly known for its work on SaGa Frontier II, Final Fantasy X, Dirge of Cerberus and his recent Final Fantasy XIII. Why the composers left Square-Enix or where they have gone to is still unknown, though the same article also stated that further departures from the four remaining composers (Takeharu Ishimoto, Naoshi Mizuta, Kumi Tanioka and Tsuyoshi Sekito) will occur in the coming months.

However note that this does not mean these composers can't be working on Square's future projects. Right now Nobuo Uematsu, who left Square and started as freelances, is working on Final Fantasy XIV and composer Yoko Shimomura, who like Nobuo became a freelancer, is working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Ronso Rage X

• Hedge Knight
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
Re: FFXIII Collectors edition announced & Masashi Hamauzu Leaves Square Enix
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 03:57:14 AM »
I have been listening to FFXIII's OST over the official site and on Youtube for the past couple of weeks and the OST has completely blown me away. This has persuaded me to buy Final Fantasy XIII's Soundtrack in the coming days. Hamauzu is simply brilliant.

He also did some of Final Fantasy X's work (along with Junya Nanako and Nobuo Uematsu); that was another soundtrack that is music to my ears.

"Only those who try will become"

Æther

• Moppet
  • ??? Czar ???

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 04:28:10 AM »
I'm hoping the U.S. gets that collector edition as well. It's the main reason why I've been hesitant on getting the game pre-ordered. Make it metallic like FFXII so I can beat people over the head with it. lol

As for Hamauzu, I certainly hope he does collaborate in any future project. Like Ronso Rage X said the soundtrack is too good. I'll be ordering that sucker ASAP.

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 07:21:03 AM »
yea i would love to have a collector's edition as well, hopefully they put some good stuff in it

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 01:51:06 PM »
Wanna have it!!!

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

KainCrow

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Kain the Crow of Crow Valley!
  • Mood: Embarrassed Embarrassed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 02:56:04 PM »
I'd love to get it as well.. The question lies on the availablity. I wonder if that would be available in Indonesia in English..

Kain the Crow of the Crow Valley, Mischievous and Unpredictable D.S.
By the way, who know the relationship b/w a fox and a crow?