Author Topic: Daily Update: WKC  (Read 71532 times)

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
Re: Daily Update: WKC
« Reply #315 on: August 30, 2011, 04:11:26 AM »
Feel free to join in on Sundays, guys, we had one person rebirthing and another at GR 15. We'll run quests for the lowest rank in the room, and we can always split up if there are many people. I just want to get people together on Sundays to make progress on their files, regardless of what progress that might be. I got progress done on some of my gear, and GR points are GR points. We did some farming, boring item farms but that's why we get together, to help people run quests or farm and have the chance to get a group to help with whatever is needed. I just want to keep people playing. We had GRs 15-28 so we really did run a variety of things from Desperate Defence 1 all the way up to Vellgander 10 and Dragon the Line II.

Right now I think the game is tough for people in the middle ranks, especially GR 21-25. There are lots of beginner players at lower ranks, so a bigger player pool there, and the same for GR 26+. But GR 26+ players don't often want to run the lower quests because they are tired of those quests or only want to run high level quests, so that leaves middle ranked people struggling to find a group. Hopefully it will get better as the player pool expands with the NA players joining in a couple of weeks, but it will be a good month before those folks rank up.

So at least we can know that there will be players available on Sundays to help anyone who shows up.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 04:13:23 AM by pprincess »

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 30, 2011, 04:54:41 PM »
Hmm I got a problem... Probably I'm just blind but..

About the errands: I completed all those that were available to me (the latest ones being the Flemron and the 30 Fatal Petal ones). The problem is that there are still more Errands to be completed but those seems to not be available to me right now since all the 3 ??? are grayed out. I read through your Resident Guide but I saw that after the Falcyos sword pretty much every Errand should be available to you.

I don't know what else I'm missing. I'm GR18 and completed all the Bounty except for 2. Are there any other kind of prerequisite?

Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get.

The Wind

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 30, 2011, 05:00:31 PM »
you're gr18 and haven't beaten the game?

WKC2 GR27 PSN: The___Wind(3 underscores)

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 30, 2011, 05:22:55 PM »
I'm not sure where you are in the story either so can't say for sure what's going on. Maybe something is grayed out because you need to get an item for the quest, or have the item but it isn't turned in? Or you're in a part of the game where you can't access certain towns...dunno, I've never heard of this problem happening before.

Many of the quests have multiple pre-requisites. For example, the errand for the luohan piece in Albana requires you to have done all the Gil errands and all the Roche errands because they are part of the conversation for this one errand, and their conversation for the luohan won't pop until you've done all of their other errands and there are many of them. I would say just go around and check every map in every town and look for red dots.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 05:26:51 PM by pprincess »

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 30, 2011, 05:35:13 PM »
Totally forgot to write it (I wrote in my last post that I went to Vellgander with Sixty therefore I thought it was useless to point it out)....

Yeah I already have finished the story. I can say for sure I completed all the Roche Errands and got the Louhan Set so that's not the problem.

I already tried and searched for red dots in every town (also western Faria) but no luck.
It might be a glitch in the errands menu but I find it difficult even though I heard of a lot of glitches with menus and such.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 30, 2011, 05:47:01 PM »
Hm, did you check the Numen House map in Faria? (Spirit House, I forget the name). Also look really carefully in downtown Greede. There are dots there that are super hard to see, especially in shops. Merchant Quarter 3rd floor is another place to check in Greede that's easy to overlook, same with the Central Station area. How about Bacchea? Unless reloading the game to clear a glitch is the issue, if you have unfinished errands, there must be dots someplace.

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 30, 2011, 05:49:56 PM »
Yeah I checked the whole Faria. I'll try and go look again but since there are errands left those shouldn't be grayed out and I'd be able to see where I can find and accept it. I'll let you now.

While reading the resident guide I noticed some errands give you the possibility to recruit people for your Georama.... And then I got it: The reason was that I never used the Georama Menu and thus the relative recruiting errands weren't unlocked.
I wanted to wait to edit my Georama until GR20 or above, this way I'd have more mats and money to make a decent one.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 08:08:24 PM by Oniangel »

The Wind

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 31, 2011, 03:55:09 AM »
there is a spot in Faria, inside a restaurant type area in the middle area, a guy is sitting at a stool and the bar tender, you can NOT see the red dots for them on the R2 map, you have to go in and see them to see the symbols for them

also, check the greed station, there is a main area with a save crystal but an elevator area underneath that that leads to Flandor Trail, there is an errand guy down there in the lower part from the elevator

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 31, 2011, 06:01:20 AM »
Might as well use the Georama menu. Your mats won't get any better for your Georama. Geo parts require the use of mainly Tier 1 mats which are not available in story mode once you start WKC 2. WKC 2 has Tier 2 and higher mats in story mode. f you are using a save file from WKC 1 you might have some of the mats. Otherwise you're looking at farming Tier 1 quests or spending a lot of money buying them from other towns.

The Wind

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 01, 2011, 06:55:19 PM »
finished my 2nd rebirth today and started my 3rd....my 3rd might be my last, I've got the rebirth trophy and by the time i'm done rebithing now i'll be axe/bow/SS/divine, the only advantage to doing another rebirth would be for a few more passives, don't think it's worth it

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 01, 2011, 07:14:16 PM »
I've done my 3rd rebirth on the Japan version. I got the skills trophy on that and have been trying to refine a Mage/Bow build. The difficulty with this build is that, aside from HP/MP passives, the remaining passives for both are completely different. The Bow requires Strength, and the Mage requires INT. Obviously the other passive stats are beneficial to any build. But Mage is skill tree heavy in that two trees are required, even if not taking all the skills from each. So when in comes down to remaining passives, I can get the level 1 passives from all the other trees for sure. After that I can work in 2 of the level 2 passives from from any of Axe, Longsword, Short Sword and Spear. Doing this leaves me with 10 extra SP.

By doing the 4th rebirth, I'd have another 40 points. I can get one more level 2 passive by doing this rebirth. So that would mean +5 in two other stats. I figure that would be nice, but not necessarily crucial.

If I were to only do a single speciality, such as Bow, I could get all the passives in the game and have plenty of SP leftover with no rebirths at all.

They've kind of rendered rebirths only necessary if you plan to dual spec or triple spec.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 03:24:48 AM by pprincess »

The Wind

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 01, 2011, 10:33:53 PM »
yeah pretty much, that's what I'm doing now is triple spec'ing, but I also wanted the rebirth trophy

when I get to level 80....I'm thinking of doing mostly bow for a while just to get my bearings

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 02, 2011, 08:27:31 AM »
Spent some time on both versions of the game. Leveled gear on the Japan game, and made some rebirth gear on the EU version.

The Wind

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 03, 2011, 01:14:37 AM »
I finished my rebirth, did a vell as a bow earlier

on the plus side....I personally didn't die

but on the negative, I just don't feel like I'm doing as much as I should? I throw up dark shot regularly and giving people mp, but as far as damage output I feel like I am not contributing very much

I am using a salamander bow at +10 and a glittering bow for neutral at +8 so my damage ability is pretty optimal....maybe I'm just too used to doing insane damage with axe

at any rate, I am properly now triple spec'd for bow, axe and shortsword, but I'm going to play as bow for a while just to get used to it since I never did before

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 03, 2011, 04:57:17 AM »
Well the point is to be versatile and switch off, I suppose, depending upon who all is in the party. Some people can't change their job but if you can it helps a lot.

I'm rather tired of bow myself, after having done it on the Japan version all the way up. Having friends at a higher GR than I was, the support job is something I could offer, given I had the worse gear most of the time.

But it's like being stuck, planted in a spot throwing pins at a distance. You can run around with the bow, but to hit you stand still. So it's this static feeling. It's a good job for people who need to be safe and not take risks to their ego or HP. Axe is like throwing all that out the window and hoping for the best. Which of course makes axe more fun.