Author Topic: Daily Update: WKC  (Read 69050 times)

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
Re: Daily Update: WKC
« Reply #345 on: September 27, 2011, 03:36:21 AM »
I think Bram, Oniangel and Sixty finished the story a few months ago and they did some GR grinding but I don't think they play anymore.

Like Wind, I've taken a lot of folks through Vell 1 as well, to show people what to do and get their rank on it. I know of one American group doing really, really well on the game. But a lot of people I'm seeing are still playing WKC 1 style and not getting the new system.

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 27, 2011, 08:30:31 AM »
Lost interest in the game. Been doing the exact same quests over and over to many times after which the quests became to much of a routine rather than having a fun moment.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 27, 2011, 09:07:41 AM »
Unfortunately you probably didn't get to the new WKC 2 quests as they are higher GR than you attained. A lot of the fun is finding friends to play with and enjoying making the new costumes and weapons as well as getting the new quests.

The Wind

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 27, 2011, 12:42:08 PM »
back when WKC1 was out...we kept playing because we knew WKC2 was coming, and hey who knows maybe Japan would finally give us that dlc Japan got that US never got

now WKC2 is out.....and Japan has a ton of content we don't have. It took 3 long stupid months for us to get dlc, but then the US got it on day 1, so it's confusing.....I hate not knowing if we're going to be screwed out of the content Japan has again like last time and there's no carrot of a part 3 to keep me dangling here

I still enjoy this game when I play it but I don't like being jerked around by these retards at SCEE who take 3 months to get us DLC that US had at day 1. On the other hand, if I had the US version I would think D3 really had its act together since they had dlc on day 1. So I don't know.

WKC2 GR27 PSN: The___Wind(3 underscores)

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 27, 2011, 04:23:46 PM »
IMO the US version really got nothing. All the US got were online tickets and avatar customization items. Still missing are the Faria Georama parts, and not to mention that we don't even have the georama update. I don't have a WKC 1 file to import to the EU version and I cannot even buy WKC 1 geo parts to put in my WKC 2 town. We don't have the geo monster statues that add to town stats. Japan also has different forum boards: there is a board for on-topic game topics, and another board tab for off-topic chat only.

My friend bloodbath came by the library yesterday where I work to show me the Brady guide. I was able to see that the armors/weapons that will be coming when the disk content is unlocked is up to the Madoras weapon quest which is the last quest I surmised on gamefaqs that we will get. If the Brady guide is any verification, then I conclude we will have extra quests up to what Japan got as of January 2011 but no further.

As far as I'm concerned, the WKC 2 EU and US versions are nothing at all like the Japan version. To me the online just seems like WKC 1 with a few extra quests, not really at all the WKC 2 as I know it on the Japan version. Because of so much that's missing, especially BASIC  stuff like town updates to include the higher level harvest items, I have no confidence whatsoever that we will be getting anything more. The geo town updates not happening is especially troubling. Most people on Gamefaqs are focusing on guilds and tracking the new quests Japan is getting, but to me these things are even more remote because of the missing town update. With something so basic not happening, I have no reason at all to hope for more support and new material than the handful of additional quests on the disk.  I really don't feel like the WKC 2 we got is going to ever be like the Japan version. Which is really sad, because it looks and feels totally different on the Japan version.

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 28, 2011, 11:01:59 PM »
Doing some Bounty quests since I've been ignoring them up to this point. Since the next part of the game is when I found that the difficulty spikes a bit, I guess it'll benefit, especially since you're knightless for quite a while. I've gotten up to Balandor and I now have Scardigne in my party again. I will be teaching him a lot of Divine spells since I'll be needing it for a much later battle. I've given him the Twin Blades skill, so for right now, he's my main tank in replacement of Leonard and Caesar.

I'll be getting my party to at least Level 50 before tackling the Van Haven Waste part. 

Zeikuu

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Puts the Pro in Procrastination

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 28, 2011, 11:18:48 PM »
Heh thats the level i roughly finished the game, i always make games harder for myself than i need to.

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 29, 2011, 07:51:11 AM »
Unfortunately you probably didn't get to the new WKC 2 quests as they are higher GR than you attained.
I haven't yea, partly to blame by WKC 2 themselves though.

I've put quite some time in WKC 1 online and when I started up WKC 2 I basically had to start all over again. I don't mind resetting the scores for the quests as they changed a lot on some of them, but why did all the old WKC quests need to get new level restrictions as well. All the time I've spend online on WKC 2 so far has just been to reach the exact same point where I was on WKC 1, which is really demotivating.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 30, 2011, 06:13:43 AM »
There is little to no reason to do the WKC 1 quests at all in WKC 2 unless you really want the trophy for 100 S ranks. I haven't yet done the majority of the WKC 1 quests. The materials dropped by the monsters are available in story mode and quickly become obsolete after GR 18. I say you quit too soon and should have got to where you're running only WKC 2 quests. But you never really enjoyed the online all that much anyway so if you didn't feel motivated in WKC 1 to play all the time, probably the new quests won't do much to change that.

Zeikuu

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Puts the Pro in Procrastination

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 30, 2011, 05:03:47 PM »
All i have to say to that is GO GO POWER RANGERS!!

ChronoFlareZero

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 02, 2011, 12:13:36 AM »
I've been playing White Knight Chronicles II and I'm up to the Redhorn Isle part. I'm trying to figure out how to get to the portal around G-4, which houses the Elder Spear if I believe. (I've decided to make my Avatar Knight a Shield + Sword type but I want it for completions sake.)

I'm about closing in on Level 60 for my avatar and Yulie, which is thanks to all the level grinding I did in the Another World rifts. And seriously, when does Leonard join the party again? If I remember, I left him at Level 46, which is almost ten levels below my lowest leveled character. I've already had to force myself to get Caesar up to date, I don't want to spend another two days leveling up Leonard.

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 02, 2011, 12:16:20 AM »
You'll have Leonard back in your party in a bit. You'll know when he's about to arrive. And about leveling him up, don't bother for the most part.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 02, 2011, 11:05:22 AM »
To get to the portal, look for broken parts in the fence along the cliff edges, where you can jump down.

Leonard is going to be behind the rest of your party. He can knight up and use Turn Break (triangle button used when boss powers up) which staggers a boss. He can be switched out for the final fight in favor of your more leveled up people.

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 02, 2011, 02:13:12 PM »
Completed the last 2 errands I had to finish and got the trophy.

GRinding online with the GR ticket.

Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get.