Author Topic: Daily Update: WKC  (Read 71130 times)

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Busy Busy

• View Profile
Re: Daily Update: WKC
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2010, 12:52:10 AM »
Same here, the problem is that more people are playing it then they had anticipated. Oh well it is still fun to play. Oh and from next week i am off and Bram has the game. So i can focus on FFXIII. ;)

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2010, 04:41:06 PM »
Heheh I guess you didn't give up your game, eh Sixty?

I'm about 1 million away from Guild Rank 10. I have the GR 9 armor minus the boots for the mage, and have been using materials to create other weapons, just for fun. I've rebirthed 2x and will probably do at least one more before GR 10, as it really helps a lot with stats. I'm now about 700 HP, and well over 400 MP. Still have my regular questing group at GR 9, and do pick-up battles from various towns for the points and materials.

My town is level 7 and I've found some good information on town building. There are armor sets you can unlock from your town based upon your specialty. Gamefaqs has a FAQ on the different sets available and what specialties you need in your town to get the armor. To unlock a set, you must get level 50 on the set of town skills. I'm doing the mage set, so I have my mages right now around lvl. 45-48. I've hired every mage I have access to so far.

The recommendation is that you get your town armor as quickly as possible, focusing only on the jobs that will get you the armor set. Get rid of everything else as it just uses polyn. Also, there are only a set number of harvests you can get per georama level. As a level 7, my town has a max of 5 items that are harvestable after a completed quest. It doesn't matter whether you add more items to your town, only 5 will be active at a time. So, no need to waste polyn on extra items until your georama rank is higher.

After you unlock the armor set you want, then you can unlock the rare items in your store. To do this, you must choose a major job to keep in the level 40s, and then match that with the sub-jobs. Right now I'm doing mage, and the sub-jobs for this are Timber, Crystals and Beasts. So I would have the mage jobs at level 40s, and then Timber, Crystals and Beasts in the level 20s. Doing this unlocks rare items to buy in the stores that you can't get any other way.

Lots of people focus their towns on mining because of needing the ores etc. But unless you really want the miner's apron armor set, it's not worth doing until you get the set you want. Better to focus on the set you want first, and use other high level towns to harvest materials you don't have in your town.

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2010, 12:57:48 AM »
Well the week isnt over yet, though i am playing FFXIII more now. Gonna play WKC tomorrow night.

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2010, 05:23:17 PM »
Hehe started the game today and I've got to the point where I've obtained the knight and started the journey. I'm currently around level 7. So far its a pretty decent game.

Started out by mastering as much healing spells as possible for my avatar and I gave the rest some new fighting abilities. You can't start early enough with mastering the art of healing magic ;D

Can't say I've done much more than that. For the rest I've mainly been trying to figure out a thing or 2 with the battle system.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2010, 05:54:25 PM »
haw haw you best hurry on up because Sixty is going to creep into your house in the middle of the night to steal his game back, he is just itching to play, I can tell.  ;D

I'm now Guild Rank 10, just did 3rd Rebirth yesterday and am at level 37 right now. I'll get to level 39 by tonight so I can equip my beefed up Crystal Rod. I haven't tried any of the new GR 10 quests yet due to the rebirth, and also because my regular party is 1-2 million away from GR 10. My rebirth now will give them a chance to catch up a little. They all have made much of my 10 and are now feeling like they had better start grinding the GR points again.

One of my original team members returned to the game now and he's GR 8 and will have to really crank to get to at least 9. Our new FFT member deathspaladin is one of my teammates on WKC. Anyway our team has been together since GR 3. There are soo many benefits of working with regular people who are concerned about each other's progress, and are willing to help grind quests with you, especially for item drops. I can't suggest highly enough to create a base camp or hometown room open only to people of your guild rank so you start meeting people at your level early on, make friends, and then you can tell who is still playing down the road. Even now I do a lot of pick-up battles out of other hometowns so that I continue to meet people at my level. There are fewer as you rank up, so recognizing each other and establishing yourself as helpful and skilled pays off when you really need to do a quest.

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2010, 05:59:23 PM »
haw haw you best hurry on up because Sixty is going to creep into your house in the middle of the night to steal his game back, he is just itching to play, I can tell.  ;D
Nahh he will at least be busy with FFXIII for the coming week. Besides at the end of the week its my birthday so if the game proves itself worthy I will have a copy around that time, especially since I figured out that Resonant of Fate isn't really my type of RPG (which saves me another 60 bucks).

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2010, 06:22:14 PM »
well as soon as you can you should check geonet, oh and btw pprinces is right, you better have copy next week cuz i am itching to play.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2010, 12:33:21 AM »
ROFL yeah you best get back on the game cuz the new quests are changing weekly!  ;) We're frying on the low level ones, arggh.

Ray is looking for more people to quest with, dunno if you're interested in playing with him again but he's GR 8 now.

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2010, 12:37:26 AM »
Almost GR8, and offcourse i want to do some questing with him. I love to cooperate with other people.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2010, 12:54:27 AM »
Ray is building a town of all cat-eared women, so you will definitely want to check it out.  :o

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2010, 07:52:21 PM »
oh i am curiuos, ah Bram hurry up with your own copy. BTW is Heaven Rain arived allready.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2010, 11:13:03 PM »
Yesterday I met up with Da_Cloud in my hometown and I guess we heard each other's voices for the first time, something he probably won't want to hear again haha  ;D  We did Brave Litton I and I tried to kill as little as possible lol. Much fun!

At GR 10 and working on new equips when I can, but so many of my friends who want to quest are lower rank than I and so I'm not getting into the GR 10 rooms as much as I would like. Still with my regular team, but deathspaladin quit our team suddenly and without word and we're coping and trying to restructure his role. Somebody else will now be tanking. I did my 4th rebirth and it's a sweet one, because you get 300 points and so far I'm happy with my build. No plans to rebirth anytime soon, but with Lost Children III I can solo for over 1000 EXP per kill making leveling up after a rebirth a single day affair.

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2010, 11:24:39 PM »
Yesterday I met up with Da_Cloud in my hometown and I guess we heard each other's voices for the first time, something he probably won't want to hear again haha  ;D  We did Brave Litton I and I tried to kill as little as possible lol. Much fun!
Hehe Sixty and his "short" (Read an hour longer than planned) tutorial off the online world ::)

A well at least I now know how it works. And with the busiest period of school over again I'm finally getting more time to play the game. If it where only a story mode I would have to think twice about buying it, but I will admit that the online part seems good enough for me :D

RedChocobo

• Brave Companion
  • Wark?
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2010, 03:38:39 AM »
You Didn't Hear My Voice Yet, right? I do Have a Bluetooth! :D

I Haven't been playing. Too Much OTHER Games to Play.... and I'm at a boring Part where I need to do a HUGE Detour.

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2010, 06:57:02 PM »
Right now he is borrowing my headset, which i am also missing right now. playing online games is no fun right now.
btw Red, do we have eachother on psn yet. If not add me plz: Sixty-nl.