Author Topic: [SPOILERS] Differences between Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Star Ocean 4 (Beta)  (Read 9880 times)

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia
  • I'll finish you in one strike! - Yukiko Amagi
  • Mood: Stressed Stressed

• View Profile
Only listing game-play differences for PS3

• There are 47 Trophies in PS3 version, 46 excluding Platinum compared to 50 Achievements on Xbox 360
    • The removed trophies are 3 Battle Trophies and 1 Quest
  • Skill Manual: Dragon Roar chest is now surrounded by Fire
    • Requires Water Ring, located in Gabriel Celeste's Room on the last floor of the Cave of the Seven Stars
  • Skill Manual: Sunflare chest is now swapped with Skill Manual: Savage Sparrows chest, which also swapped with Skill Manual: Max Shockwave
    • Sunflare is now obtainable in the Purgatorium
    • Savage Sparrows is now obtainable in Cave of the Seven Stars, in Inner Sanctum
    • Max Shockwave is now obtainable in Cave of the Seven Stars, in B4
  • Blue Talisman and Sacred Scepter Chests have been swapped
    • Blue Talisman is now in the Dark chest, requires Light Ring
    • Sacred Scepter is now in the Ivy chest, requires Wind Ring
  • Bosses have had an increase in difficulty/improvement in AI (unconfirmed)
  • There are new chests along with new content in some old chests as well as shifted positions for some chests/harvest/mining points
  • Some Item Creation recipes have been altered to have more items, thus making their availability later than they were on Xbox 360
    • Spirit Bow "Darkstriker" - Now requires Darkness Charm
    • Dragoon Blaster - Now requires 2 Star Rubies
    • Deadly Cannon - Now requires Ancient Cannon
    • Fully-Tuned Plate - Now requires Star Sapphire

More help would be nice, and I'm getting a ton of information from rinimt right now, so most of the Item Creation section is credited to her.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 11:21:10 PM by Someddrnoob »

Remember, Reimi is watching you... Don't get slapped!

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
I don't know if this would be considered a 'difference', but it appears that sakurayule's 'overflow' trick will not work (or will not work as effectively) anymore, due to factors in certain items being switched around, meaning you can't make 'super-farming weapons' anymore. Let's use the Mille-Feuille as an example. In the 360 version, its stats are:

+40% FOL after each battle
INT +2

But in the PS3 version:

INT +2
+40% FOL after each battle

If you understand the trick, you'd know how the trick doesn't really work in this game anymore. :-\

(Just in case anyone has no idea about what I'm talking about: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/946860/56861, just CTRL+F 'overflow trick' :))

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 09:54:19 AM by MegaFun »

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
Uh, well it doesn't sound like anybody has tried synthing to a weapon that doesn't accept INT stats. The example in the gamefaqs topic you responded to is the Warning Brooch. Brooches will take INT. You have to find a weapon that doesn't accept INT and see if the FOL still transfers regardless. The point of sakurayule's trick is that you must synth on to a weapon to get rid of the extra stat you don't want. INT is still on the brooch until it goes onto a weapon. I would say somebody should skip the brooch step and just try synthing the shortcake onto a weapon and see what happens. Maybe you can synth shortcakes to a cheap sword with 4 slots and then synth the whole sword onto one slot of something else.

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Ah, right... I didn't think about that. I'll try that out later then.

I suppose it still makes things a little more complicated for other combinations, but I'll try to get around it, or something.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 11:55:41 AM by MegaFun »

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
I saw the gamefaqs topic where you posted and from a look-around on that forum, it seems like few people have got to the point yet where they can really mess around with the synthing. Not much information yet on what's possible. So you're in a position to experiment and do some reporting on gamefaqs or here. Sunny and rinimt will surely be reporting as well so no reason we can't have a great report on what's possible.

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia
  • I'll finish you in one strike! - Yukiko Amagi
  • Mood: Stressed Stressed

• View Profile
I've been reading a ton of changes, and it's going to be hard to keep up with those changes.

Remember, Reimi is watching you... Don't get slapped!

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Yeah, it seems that they made plenty of changes to Synthesis, mainly changes to items (Potent Attack Seeds now only give 7% ATK boosts per seed, as opposed to 18% in the 360 version, and as I said before, the 'overflow' trick doesn't quite work the way people want anymore).