Author Topic: Daily Update: What did you do in your Star Ocean games today? [SPOILERS]  (Read 12778 times)

izhars

• Moppet

• View Profile
Game: Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope International

I'm all fine, since I got slim PS3.. it only happens in most of older models. Either way, started the second save for Earth.

Right now I am at Cardianon Mothership at the first save point of Control Tower. Is there a good area to work for Bacchus' mechanical enemies kills/robotics drops or should I just move on?

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia
  • I'll finish you in one strike! - Yukiko Amagi
  • Mood: Stressed Stressed

• View Profile
Game: Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Got Bacchus's Godslayer, Sarah's Sunflare and Lymle's Trinity Blaze from holy light chests, got 50% Battle Trophies for Edge and am slowly going after the chests needing Darkness Ring. I accidentally forgot to go for the one near the end of the game for Myuria's final spell.

All I need to do now is prepare for the Cave of the Seven Stars and do Colosseum/Bunnies.

Remember, Reimi is watching you... Don't get slapped!

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile

Maxed out levels to 200 (only Edge has the cap removed for now) and maxed out Gil too (lol 8000 hits of Black Hole Sphere). Started Wandering Dungeon and got up (or down?) to floor 8. Armaros Manifest II gave me HELL. I was only trying to find Santa for his Tri-Emblems though, so I went back out afterwards to save. Gonna experiment with synthing for now. ^^

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile

Wow, where do I start for today?

I got Edge's Deal exactly 5,555 points of damage trophy, Sarah's 4,444 and 5,555 Jumps trophies. I also got the 100% treasure trophy and completed all the shop orders before Santa.

I synthesized a ton of gear to prepare for Gabriel Celeste, the only boss I have left in the Cave of the Seven Stars.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to synthesize, with these changes into EXP/Fol % factors and Potent status seeds/Faeries of status percentages being nerfed as well.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
All the EXP/Fol percentages did in the Xbox version was to shorten up the leveling period and gain more cash quickly to buy the super expensive stuff from Santa. I think doing the colosseum solo will do about the same thing as well as the Cave too. I didn't bother with the super high stuff, but I did make a LOT of cards and food. Food especially helped the main attackers and of course the pies for Sarah or whatever they are to keep the boss away from her are the best things. I made beef dishes as much as possible for Meracle and kept her well fed. I guess I spent more time with the food rather than the synthing weapons as a way to keep people fighting. I just got Meracle way too far ahead and catching up the others was a bit daunting.

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile

Defeated Gabriel Celeste today! I was also very lucky and got the kill shot with Meracle and got both of her Gabriel Celeste trophies ;D

Also defeated Ashlay as well with Edge, but he was harder! Well, only without synthesized gear I'm guessing.

izhars

• Moppet

• View Profile
Congrats! Have fun in the second post-game dungeon :D

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
That's what I'm preparing for right now, and my goal is to get 100% of the monster data that I can do and get Gabriel into 6-Wing form.

izhars

• Moppet

• View Profile
I haven't been playing around with Colosseum too much yet, but how much Ashlay gives percents when killed each time? I read his monster jewel is good or synthesizing.

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
15% each time he's defeated.

Just defeated Gabriel Celeste in his 4-Wing form, using the other party and Rush Combo tactic.

izhars

• Moppet

• View Profile
Game: Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope International

Been dedicating this second playthrough to get more battle trophies for Faize. Just finished the Phantom-fight...

I'm having trouble with getting Edge's Ambush-trophies here. No matter from which ambush I start using Edge as MC, I can't get his battle trophies; I never changed him out of control :/

In fact, even in Cardianon Mothership at the battle with three ambushes, I couldn't get the BT for Edge, even though I had him as MC during whole duration of the battle.

Well I'm only looking forward to remove level cap, not interested in 100% BTs.

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile

Got 100% of Ashlay's monster data today, and got the Win 100 Class 100 Bunny Races trophy.

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
game:SO3

gonna try the game on 4-D :o
my first try on this level

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Time to make a new post.

Quest for Platinum is going pretty slowly.

I have 100 more Robotics drops until Bacchus gets his 255 Robotics item drops Battle Trophy. After that, he needs 3 more Battle Trophies till 100% (Deal exactly 32,768 points of damage, Deal exactly 65,536 points of damage, Use Emergency Repairs 256 times)

izhars

• Moppet

• View Profile
Good luck. Drops are pretty tedious to get and his damage is quite luck-oriented too. Emergency Repairs should be a relief, since you have previous BTs for it as well.

Haven't played this game for a while, because of Final Fantasy XIII, but I will pick it up again. I hope to get overall trophies to 50% at some point :P