Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIII Characters possibly returning for Versus [ Rumor ]  (Read 2570 times)

Sentinel

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
We already know that Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII for PS3 and Final Fantasy Agito XIII for the PSP are all part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis universe. Square have previously mentioned that Versus and Agito are not spinoffs, but rather a different story in the same universe.

However, it seems that the Versus XIII and Final Fantasy XIII stories may overlap and be closer than we first thought as IMDB's listing for <a href=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0960140/>Final Fantasy Versus XIII</a> suggests that at least two of the Englsh voice actors from Final Fantasy XIII will also be recording voices for Versus XIII.

The page suggests that Daniel Samonas will be recording a voice for Maqui (pictured below), who is part of Snow's gang in Final Fantasy XIII.

It also suggests that Erik Davies will be recording a voice-over for Cid Raines (pictured below), just as he did in Final Fantasy XIII.

Of course this is still classed as a rumor at the moment, but the page was updated fairly recently (April 26th 2010), so could be accurate. If it is true however, we may even be seeing some of the more major characters such as Lightning in the game, great news for Final Fantasy fans.

Source.

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
I don't believe IMDB one bit and could just be a simple mistake. I think it's false Sentinel.  :-\

kokushishin

• Brave Companion

• View Profile

This sounds like an assumption more than anything. 

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
IMDB is a useless source, rarely true when it should be but...

if it is true, I am very very very much filled with happiness. Maqui, in my FFvsXIII? ;D ;D ;D ;D

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
^2nd poster and the poster above me would definitely go ecstatic if Hope was to be in there.

Anyway, SE said it was gonna be set in a separate 'universe' so I don't really believe this. But if it's indeed true, that's cool. :P

FameMonster

• Moppet
  • Call me Ed or Eddie.
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Oh no I really hope not. Well I wouldn't mind if they made a cameo or something but not integral to the story..

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Does nobody come at the idea that they might have the same name, but are a different character.

Get me wrong, but IMDB only has the first names of the character, its the ps3center that suggests they are the same personages from FFXIII.

If I look at it, Maqui sounds like a name for one of the guys of Noctis gang. And Cid has been in the series as a returning character since the second instalment, though has he ever been the same character :P

The cameo part would then be that they are voiced by the same voice-over. Would actually be funny if thee different Cids in the Fabula Nova Crystallis series are all voiced by the same guy.

Sentinel

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
Apparently, I forgot to see that IMDb was in that article. Sorry, if I would have noticed that; I wouldn't have posted it. Even though the above poster made a good theory.

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
yea i think its simply a rumor, the stories would overlap too much if that happened

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

Sanji

• Hedge Knight
  • ''You change the future, you change the past''
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
It would be fun to have Lightning in Versus, but i dont think that is true :/

Nevfx

• Moppet
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XIII Characters possibly returning for Versus [ Rumor ]
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 09:04:59 PM »
I don't believe IMDB one bit and could just be a simple mistake. I think it's false Sentinel.  :-\

And I think your correct.