Author Topic: Monster Level?  (Read 2389 times)

ChefTonberry

• Moppet
  • Serving Karma

• View Profile
Monster Level?
« on: August 06, 2010, 01:11:04 AM »
Your characters don't utilize the level system, yet the monsters have levels? What does this mean? And does it have anything to do with difficulty. I mean:

I've seen a Behemoth King that is level 12 and has 487,620 or so HP
And a Humbaba is level 3 and has 1,320,000 HP.

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
Re: Monster Level?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 01:14:12 AM »
I'm pretty sure the level is just for show. I don't think it has anything to do with difficulty so it's anybody's guess why the developers just randomly put it there out of the blue in the first place. So yeah, I think it's nothing but a mere number. Don't pay attention to it.

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 01:50:35 PM »
My guess is that most powerful monsters have lower levels (such as the Long Gui and Adamantoise). Other than that, I have no idea what the level means.

UltimaChaos

• Moppet
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 06:46:40 PM »
I dont know about levels, but one thing i noticed when i took on the hunt for the adamantortoise (the big hard one where you get a gold nugget for the secondary reward) the adamanchelids names changed to something else (i cant remember what it is now) and they became really hard to defeat, does anyone know what im on about?

kokushishin

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »

Level mostly affects target time.

Random Instant Chain does not work on level 50+ enemies (mostly bosses but there are a couple marks also immune IIRC)

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 08:43:53 AM »
I dont know about levels, but one thing i noticed when i took on the hunt for the adamantortoise (the big hard one where you get a gold nugget for the secondary reward) the adamanchelids names changed to something else (i cant remember what it is now) and they became really hard to defeat, does anyone know what im on about?

Yeah, when you did that hunt the Adamanchelids are replaced with Shao Long Guis and Adamantoises are replaced with Long Guis, and they're both a whole lot stronger. Nothing to do with levels, but it happens normally after you do all the hunts in the circle and once it happens it's irreversible.

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 08:14:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the item drop rate. I've noticed that some monsters with ridiculously low levels drop some high quality items. 

sentry88

• Hedge Knight
  • ff13-2!!!!
  • Mood: Busy Busy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 09:37:30 PM »
I really don't see the point of the level for monsters because say I'm a commando level 3 vs a level 50 behemoth and I beat him with ease. How does that work :-\ ???

I goin burn your house down..... with the lemons~Cave Johnson