Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded TGS Gameplay Rundown  (Read 2637 times)

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded TGS Gameplay Rundown
« on: September 20, 2010, 10:47:55 PM »
The newest Kingdom Hearts game in development, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded for Nintendo DS is well into development, and had some gameplay footage taken from Tokyo Game Show. The game was originally a cell phone game, but is being entirely redone on the DS for a wider audience to play. The latest Kingdom Hearts game has been shown to have various systems of gameplay, with a battle system similar to that of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and the graphical quality of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. In addition to Birth by Sleep's battle system, the game will also feature a new(to KH) "RPG" mode that looks similar to the more classic Final Fantasy battle systems, and a scroller-type battle system where you're taken along a long pathway. It's not really known how these new systems will be implemented, but here's a look at the scroller-type system taken from TGS.

Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded focuses on a "digital Sora" looking into his memories to discovery the mysteries behind Jiminy's Journal and takes place after Kingdom Hearts II. It, along with Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep are part of the trilogy of recent entries that has been created to set the stage for Kingdom Hearts III.

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
Re: Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded TGS Gameplay Rundown
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 12:19:12 AM »
i forget, was Re:coded intended for DS or 3DS?

Radiant Savior

• Moppet
  • Heir to the wyrmking
  • Mood: Indescribable Indescribable

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 12:21:11 AM »
I would have really liked it if they get started on Kingdom Hearts III now. Or does Kingdom Hearts seriously have that many plotholes that need to be filled with numerous installments?

IMMA FIRIN MAH MEGAFLARE LAZER.

wasyjas

• Rear Guard
  • Allons-y
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 12:23:42 AM »
its for DS. They are making one for 3Ds but thats just almost a remake

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 02:32:11 AM »
I would have really liked it if they get started on Kingdom Hearts III now. Or does Kingdom Hearts seriously have that many plotholes that need to be filled with numerous installments?

Not so much plot holes, more like a bunch of events that were probably planned on being implemented in either the main two games or shortened into a larger side game, but never did. The story of Roxas in 358/2 Days was, if I heard right, originally planned to be implemented in Chain of Memories, but due to various restrictions was eventually cut out and made into its own game.

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 01:25:10 PM »
KH 3D is going to be a completely new and original title, which would make sense since I don't see anymore gaps which could be filled. The timeline so far is complete: it goes from Birth by Sleep, skip ten years into Kingdom Hearts, then 358/2 Days start a little before Chains of Memories which begin right after the end of Kingdom Hearts, then Days again, then immediately afterwards Kingdom Hearts II, and then Coded. If this is going to be canon to the storyline at all then it should fall right after the events of Coded. I read somewhere that 3D doesn't just stand for three-dimensional but it's somewhat related to the subtitle of the game (but of course KH 3D is just the working title at the moment).

And apparently, the revelation of KH 3D was meant to be the 'huge impact' at E3 a few months ago. :P Anyway, back onto Re: Coded:

lololol I see Lightning in the avatar system. I think they're just avatars you use for multiplayer though. :P

« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:39:52 PM by MegaFun »

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Busy Busy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 02:03:04 PM »
It looks promising.

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

wasyjas

• Rear Guard
  • Allons-y
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 03:12:24 PM »
Well thats a nice thought so i might get a 3Ds

jake1456

• Paragon of Justice
  • Mood: Hungry Hungry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 10:23:54 PM »
i looked on the website and says it will be released on the 14th january

insanity isn't gained you are born with it

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 10:49:10 PM »
Well thats a nice thought so i might get a 3Ds

ReCoded is on the normal DS, not the 3DS. Just saying. ;D

sentry88

• Hedge Knight
  • ff13-2!!!!
  • Mood: Busy Busy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 03:51:47 PM »
KH 3D is going to be a completely new and original title, which would make sense since I don't see anymore gaps which could be filled. The timeline so far is complete: it goes from Birth by Sleep, skip ten years into Kingdom Hearts, then 358/2 Days start a little before Chains of Memories which begin right after the end of Kingdom Hearts, then Days again, then immediately afterwards Kingdom Hearts II, and then Coded. If this is going to be canon to the storyline at all then it should fall right after the events of Coded. I read somewhere that 3D doesn't just stand for three-dimensional but it's somewhat related to the subtitle of the game (but of course KH 3D is just the working title at the moment).

And apparently, the revelation of KH 3D was meant to be the 'huge impact' at E3 a few months ago. :P Anyway, back onto Re: Coded:

lololol I see Lightning in the avatar system. I think they're just avatars you use for multiplayer though. :P
japenese music FTW lol  ;D ;D ;D

I goin burn your house down..... with the lemons~Cave Johnson