Author Topic: Favorite/Least Favorite Star Ocean character(s) of all time?  (Read 5372 times)

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
What are your favorite and least favorite Star Ocean characters? Please specify why you like/hate them. Feel free to pick more than one, but please keep a limit of 5 characters. For now, I'll just post one each.

Favorite: Reimi (Star Ocean 4). I liked Reimi. I really did. She always had a slight sense of humor, and she just kept her head to the future, hoping for the best. Plus, she bakes cookies!  :P

Least: Adray (Star Ocean 3). Poor, poor Adray. The fact that he doesn't have a slight involvement in the game made me put him here. He would have been excellent if he just had some character development. I just had to put you here because... you always die in battle!  :'(

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Star Ocean character(s) of all time?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 01:00:39 AM »
i haven't played 4 all the way yet so i'm not including the SO4 people

best: i'd have to say claude C kenny(so2)or albel nox(so3), just because i like claudes heroism and albel GTFO aditude, plus i find albel to be my best character in SO3

worst:Peppeta(so3) i just can't stand everything about her, her voice, her battle style, her personality, her roll in the game, it's like she was just thrown in for the heck of it

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 05:35:28 AM »
Favorite: Faize (SO4) His personality is probably the best in the game and he's the one of the characters in SO4 whom I didn't find annoying around the clock.

Worst: Albel (SO3) The fact that he's just another generic, pretty-boy, weird hairstyle, crappy attitude, deep-seated emotional issues, yaddayaddayadda. I could go on. Overall, I just hate his attitude. Battle wise, he's good, but most of his attacks involve knocking people down. How can I chain attacks when the enemy is on the floor! D:

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia
  • I'll finish you in one strike! - Yukiko Amagi
  • Mood: Stressed Stressed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 04:26:15 PM »
Best: Meracle Chamlotte/Reimi Saionji/Dias Flac

Meracle: Everyone says she's fan service along with Myuria (cute cat-girl) but I say differently. Meracle's hyper personality and power are what I loved from playing Star Ocean 4, and her private actions always kept me entertained, from Edge to Sarah to Arumat.

Reimi: She has one of the best personalities and characteristics I have seen in any video game, as she is a bright, caring, friendly, determined, and strong-willed woman who strives to do whatever it takes to move on forward. Her background story and battle usefulness is what makes me appreciate her as a whole.

Dias: He handles things without breaking a sweat, his personality is handled perfectly, and his background story supports him greatly. He's also one of my favourite melee fighters in a Star Ocean game.

Worst: Myuria Tionysus/Deputy Director Shimada/Roger S. Huxley

Myuria: She is probably the only reason why a majority of Star Ocean 4 players can bear the game, and they're the bunch that like stereotypical characters like Myuria. Her personality, appearance, and behaviour all translate to not be able to stand her at all. It's the worst type of stereotype I can withstand, and that's saying a lot, since I can handle stereotypes fairly well myself.

Shimada: Everyone loves to hate him, as he has everything that mostly anyone does not like: Overweight appearance, appalling behaviour, no regard towards others, and I could go on.

Roger: Oh god, from the first time I saw him, I can sympathize with Cliff. That's all I'll say.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 05:05:03 AM by Someddrnoob »

Remember, Reimi is watching you... Don't get slapped!

Deathgaze

• Moppet
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 10:27:41 PM »
Favorite:

Reimi. She was one of the best in The Last Hope. Best character, best personality, best backstory. I've always used her. She's practically a ranged powerhouse!

Maria. What she lacks in foot speed she certainly makes up for with her long range skills. Early on Aiming Device, Scatter Beam and Magnetic Field chains are unstoppable. Come post-game to get Energy Burst just makes life so very easy, she is such an effective character to use.

Least:

Roger, I haven't played TTEOT for a while but all I can remember is that he made me rage and want to avoid him like the plague. His personality drives me up a wall.

Adray. It seems like he could have been a cool character, if he were given any sort of purpose whatsoever. He was just randomly there. I would have rather had his daughter in the party for sure. Other than Aerial, I've found him horrible to use other than his fast casting time.

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia
  • I'll finish you in one strike! - Yukiko Amagi
  • Mood: Stressed Stressed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 06:12:02 AM »
Heh, I should update that list...

Adding:

Best: Maria Traydor

Maria: Definitely one of the best overall characters of all time, she can support the party with quick support symbols, deal the most damage from both close and long range (Gravity Bullet, Energy Burst), and single-handedly solo the game from the moment she's gotten.
Much better than what Cloud can do IMO (in terms of damage and use), and personality is much better too.

Worst: Lieber

That is all.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 06:13:49 AM by Someddrnoob »

Remember, Reimi is watching you... Don't get slapped!