Author Topic: Corrupted Data(Video Game)  (Read 3604 times)

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
Corrupted Data(Video Game)
« on: July 25, 2008, 03:03:53 AM »
Ok the other day I go and play some random game on my PS2. When I load a save file it says "Error, this file is corrupted". Has anyone ever gotten this before and doesn't this tick you off.  >:(

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
Re: Corrupted Data(Video Game)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 03:07:36 AM »
I've had it and it's really annoying. And it means some of the 8MB on your memory card just vanishes. I had a 564 KB game get corrupted and the corrupted data only held up 7 KB. On my 8MB memory card if i deleted everything i'd have 5MB of space to save in.

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 03:17:36 AM »
This freaking ..... me off. I've had it so many times. I remember I lost my best save file in Star Ocean III: Till The End Of Time due to corrupted data! Please Do not remind me!  >:(  >:(

What i just want to know, how do you get it? >.>

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 03:22:37 AM »
As far as i'm aware you can get it 4 ways. When you're saving it says do not remove memory card 8MB in memory card slot 1, remove controller or reset/switch off the console. If you do do any of those things there is a chance the game data could be corrupted.

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 03:23:18 AM »
As far as i'm aware you can get it 4 ways. When you're saving it says do not remove memory card 8MB in memory card slot 1, remove controller or reset/switch off the console. If you do do any of those things there is a chance the game data could be corrupted.
oh yeah, now I remember. I remember losing an FFX file due to a power outage. >.>

x8m8x3k3t

• Rear Guard
  • System that works, evolves complex that doesn't.
  • Mood: Indescribable Indescribable

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 10:44:04 AM »
Corrupted data. Usually you cannot delete it. But you can delete corrupted data and even format whole Memory Card with ARMAX or other cheating devices.

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 04:26:34 PM »
I didn't need armax or cheat device. I just went onto memory card screen and saw the corrupted data and deleted it like i would delete game data. It still destroys space on the memory card but it's more convenient to delete it.

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 05:24:17 PM »
i have never had this happened to me before, if the data gets corrupted i guess its gone for good that why you should always keep 2 saves incase one messes up

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

Krobelus

• Moppet
  • King Krobe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 09:20:51 AM »
Destroys space...?

Lemme ask something totally off-topic/on-topic:

What if that happened to your computer? The reason why I'm asking is because I did a system restore (using the discs etc. etc.) after I got a virus. First I had only 38Gigs on my harddrive (Yes.. lousy computer -.-), about 27Gigs actually being used. Now, after I system restored, my computer was totally new! Except for the fact that those 27Gigs of space were still being used, and I only had like 11Gigs left, even though nothing on my computer was using up 27 Gigs.

Would that mean that my space was actually deleted? And.. I didn't think that was possible.. but it's because of that that I didn't buy a TV Tuner, therefore my vids on youtube are lousy quality =/
-Krobe

Oh.. and just to be on topic:

I was loading up my PS2 game "NFL Street 3" few weeks ago, and it said the Saved Settings were corrupted when it tried to load it, which struck me as odd, so I went and deleted it, and saved new Settings for that game and it never happened again. Luckily it was only the settings and not anything else!

My Youtube account!

</3
FF12 Gamer Rpg Maker User Pokemon Retired-less

x8m8x3k3t

• Rear Guard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 03:52:58 PM »
Destroys space...?

Lemme ask something totally off-topic/on-topic:

What if that happened to your computer? The reason why I'm asking is because I did a system restore (using the discs etc. etc.) after I got a virus. First I had only 38Gigs on my harddrive (Yes.. lousy computer -.-), about 27Gigs actually being used. Now, after I system restored, my computer was totally new! Except for the fact that those 27Gigs of space were still being used, and I only had like 11Gigs left, even though nothing on my computer was using up 27 Gigs.

Would that mean that my space was actually deleted? And.. I didn't think that was possible.. but it's because of that that I didn't buy a TV Tuner, therefore my vids on youtube are lousy quality =/
-Krobe

Oh.. and just to be on topic:

I was loading up my PS2 game "NFL Street 3" few weeks ago, and it said the Saved Settings were corrupted when it tried to load it, which struck me as odd, so I went and deleted it, and saved new Settings for that game and it never happened again. Luckily it was only the settings and not anything else!

Download this program: http://www.ccleaner.com/ it should free up the disk space.

Krobelus

• Moppet
  • King Krobe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 08:24:11 PM »
Thanks, but that only freed up like 16Mb.

I had this other program that shows you what's using up all your space

As you can see, it says that my computer has about 38 or so Gigs of space on the drive, yet 35 Gigs are being used, yet for some reason it can only show you what I'm using (about 15 Gigs I think..?), but it doesn't show the other 23 Gigs.

I've long given up trying, and decided that I'll get a TV Tuner if this problem is fixed or if I get a new computer.

In any case, I'm most likely being off-topic, so if anyone has a solution in mind please PM me instead of posting here, I don't want to get me or anyone in trouble  ;)
-Krobe

My Youtube account!

</3
FF12 Gamer Rpg Maker User Pokemon Retired-less

gaminggenius

• Rear Guard
  • I'm not crazy!!....... Or am I?

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 01:35:44 AM »
my data has been corrupt on my dark cloud file like 1,000 times

devilman108

• Vanguard
  • "Black is just a shade of white"

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 01:54:07 AM »
corrupted data happened once on my Guitar Hero III file.....500th place in the world on expert and my scored get deleted >.<

also:

my friend has a problem where he keeps losing space..as an example:

the ENTIRE harddrive is 30GB...10 are used by required files and such.

so he has 20GB. but it says he has 2,000MB of free space. he uninstalls and deletes a program that takes 80MB and now he only has 2,10MB of free space. he can't figure out where the other 70MB went. every time he does it one of two things happens:

1) He gets around 10-20% of the space back that he SHOULD get
2) he actually LOSES space by deleting something.

what could be wrong??

I shall forever wait for the dreams that will never come true

ElliotMajor

• Paragon of Justice
  • All that glisters is not gold

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 02:14:15 AM »
I get corrupted data alot its mostly when Ive cleared my memory card from things that I either down play or dont own anymore

This entails always make extra copys of saves

"Are sins.. ever forgiven?"

"I've never tried"

x8m8x3k3t

• Rear Guard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2008, 11:29:50 AM »
corrupted data happened once on my Guitar Hero III file.....500th place in the world on expert and my scored get deleted >.<

also:

my friend has a problem where he keeps losing space..as an example:

the ENTIRE harddrive is 30GB...10 are used by required files and such.

so he has 20GB. but it says he has 2,000MB of free space. he uninstalls and deletes a program that takes 80MB and now he only has 2,10MB of free space. he can't figure out where the other 70MB went. every time he does it one of two things happens:

1) He gets around 10-20% of the space back that he SHOULD get
2) he actually LOSES space by deleting something.

what could be wrong??

I suggest he tries this program: http://www.ccleaner.com/

« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 01:36:32 AM by angel »