Author Topic: The RNG Method [FFXII]  (Read 51373 times)

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Re: The RNG Method
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 06:50:21 PM »
Try the new links.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 08:25:37 PM »
Thanks chaos :)

palumatzu

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2012, 05:15:25 PM »
I've been trying this, with Cure, Curaga, and Curaja, but my values aren't matching up. If i go weaponless with my Vaan, my values are too high; conversely, when I slap Tournesol on him, i get 9999 where i could be getting 10 000 or higher. Even if i dont get many 9999 at all, my values just arent matching. Oh, and the first RNG chart is outdated.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 06:02:41 PM »
You should never Cure for more than ~2200. Weapons don't matter, your Magick Power does. Did you update the formula correctly?

Regarding the first link, I've fixed it now. I guess they delete it after a while if there are not enough downloads.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:08:34 PM by ChaosBeelzemon »
"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

palumatzu

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012, 02:12:04 AM »
You should never Cure for more than ~2200. Weapons don't matter, your Magick Power does. Did you update the formula correctly?

Regarding the first link, I've fixed it now. I guess they delete it after a while if there are not enough downloads.

Well, i keep playing with the Green-Box values in 2nd chart, but it remains null. Some weapons add magic power, thus, some DO matter

EDIT: finally got the hang of looking for values, but doesn't change the fact that i cant get Zody spear's chest to spawn...

EDIT2: GRRAAAAH! I CANNOT GET THE CODY SPEAR TO SPAWN! I've tried the "4th Number" trick once, twice, thrice, but none of it works.

EDIT3: Oh, hey , i got it to spawn, lets see whELIXER?! WHAT DID I JUST SPEND THE LAST HOUR FOR!!?? Never mind, sorry for trolling T_T just gonna give up for now, this is impossible...

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 06:28:50 AM by palumatzu »

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012, 02:02:41 PM »
You're doing something seriously wrong... Perhaps re-read the tutorial?

palumatzu

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2012, 12:18:18 PM »
i forgot to equip diamond amulet. =D

Saurok

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2012, 07:20:45 PM »
I need ur help. Start the RNG Method to get Diamond Armlet form Garden of Life Circle. Early game, 55 lvl but to the main topic.
My problems is i cant match any 3 cures in row in any sheet. The only diffrent i found is:

=INT((20+(MOD($A1;20*12,5))/100)*((55+75)*75/256+2)*1,5) - english

=ZAOKR.DO.CAŁK((20+(MOD($A1;20*12,5))/100)*((55+75)*75/256+2)*1,5) - polish

Thats a command translate, ( I rly don't know why ppl translate it ) It should not affect the numbers but since most ppl ( i assume) using english command, have no problems with that. I found that only reason to my issue. So. What i want is if someone could tell me what INT means so i could replace command with correct one. Since i'm preety bad in english ( as u can see) i'll appreciate a rly simply answer.

What means ZAOKR.DO.CAŁK? Cant translate it properly, so here explanation:
It means there wont be any number after "dot". Instead of 1234,45 we get 1234. But there's a rule if number is 5 or higher it gives 1234,5 = 1235 or 1234,6 = 1235.

I hope for anyone willing to help.

If there is much simpler explanation to my issue, means all my effort to write this posted wasted, i meet that with open arms.

Salute

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2012, 10:33:07 PM »
INT stands for "integer". Simply put, an integer is a whole number (1, 2, 3...). Can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure that INT always rounds down a number (123.7 will be 123). At least that's what it does in C/C++.

Saurok

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2012, 03:22:06 PM »
If there is much simpler explanation to my issue, means all my effort to write this posted wasted, i meet that with open arms.
TRUE
REWARD:
Tchita uplands:
Diamond Armlet
Armguard
Perseus Bow

Apparently it was not a problem with command. Cuz What i did.I uninstall old version of 2003 Pro. Download from microsoft main site a 2007 Home n Student. Wanted english version, but somehow i founded myself with polish again. I downloaded second link from first post n god  it worked!!

Chaos u got my greetings, or Thanks, or.. u know what i mean. :)

Salute

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2012, 09:31:30 PM »
You're welcome. I'm glad I could help. :)

kyzumi

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2012, 12:44:35 AM »
Hi, I can't download the first file. Can you please upload it on another server? preferably Mediafire

gavvin

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2012, 02:41:26 AM »
First of all, thank you for creating and sharing the list.

I downloaded the first link without any problems. After changing the formula and casting some cure spells in game, I can always find the values.

The thing is, I still only have column A and B, how do I get the values in the other columns, e.g. when to open a chest or when the Red choco will spawn?

Thanks

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2012, 11:48:52 AM »
Columns A and B is all you need. If you're after the Zodiac Spear chests, you should look at the number four rows below before entering the area. It needs to end in 00-09 for the chest to spawn. If you're after some other chest you'll need to experiment a bit yourself, since no one has a list of the chest orders when entering an area.

When opening any chest, you need to look at the next two numbers. The first one determines whether you get Gil or an item. If it's an item, the next one determines which of two possible items you get. For the ZS both numbers need to end in 90-99. You should re-read my first post one more time, it's explained in more detail there. It also says how to spawn the Red Chocobo. Maybe you should check out the second link, too. Might be easier for spawning the Red Chocobo.

gavvin

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2012, 03:19:30 PM »
Thanks,

I´ve figured it out.
 :)

Now I´m trying to check how much zoning advances the RNG. Trying to get the Ensaguined Shiel in Balfonheim.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 03:21:53 PM by gavvin »