3 (10.7%)
Hope Estheim
7 (25%)
Oerba Yun Fang
2 (7.1%)
Other (Please Specify)
4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Least Favorite Characters  (Read 2795 times)

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
Least Favorite Characters
« on: August 04, 2010, 03:22:11 AM »
Well, there is one for the Final Fantasy XII, so what are the characters in Final Fantasy XIII that you couldn't stand? So who's your least favorite character(s) in the game so far? Please be sure to state the reason why and try to avoid spoilers as much as possible. If need be, use spoiler tags.

My least favorite is Snow. Godawful dialogue. Ruins great moments in the game. His overall personality is annoying as well. He's egotistical, arrogant, smug, naive, stupid and pathetic. How many times do I have to hear him say Hero or Serah before my ears fall off?

ChaosWOTW

• Moppet
  • Bringing this fantasy to it's conclusion
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Re: Least Favorite Characters
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 03:28:54 AM »
Hope and Snow sit up quite high in this category. I used to utterly despise Hope earlier, but six chapters later I have grown used to him slightly. I still harbor strong dislike for him though - as well as his initial nemesis Snow.

First chapter and
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
against the Sanctum. Of course Hope would be in anguish about that. I totally understand that. But what irritates me is that Hope just moans over and over again about
Despite the fact that the culprit only indirectly caused this to happen, Hope just despises him so much for him. And what does he do?
Most of the time he is just hesitant, speechless and almost puzzled. So much for your lust for revenge my friend.

As for Snow, how many times do I hear his voice booming around yelling "SERAH!!" and "HERO!!"? It is annoying and it just makes me want to see Lightning slash him in the face. The only redeeming factor is that Snow
- as well as his determination to fight for her.

"Gone talking to a wall... -Squall, victory quote in Dissidia

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 03:44:04 AM »
Snow and Rosch.

Snow, I don't dislike, infact I quite like him at times but out of all of the main characters, he's my least favorite.

Rosch, for one reason. I actually mildly like his character, but the fact that

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 03:46:09 AM »
Snow. When someone is in trouble, an average person would think "OMG that person is in trouble, this is awful, I'll do what I can to help." Snow's reaction is "Aw yeah! A chance to be a big hero and save everybody! I'm comin' baby, your studly manly hero dude is here to save you!"

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 04:29:52 AM »
and the torrent of snow haters has just begun ::)
mine go to Vanille and fang, vanille......yeah
and while i don't really dispise fang, i just don't see why everyone likes her so much, i don't, but then again, i like snow

ahh the wonders of being different :-\

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 06:20:32 AM »
Snow. Seriously, does anything need to be said about him? To me, his character is pretty shallow and he's just like a doll who's programmed to love Serah and protect everyone, with some sort of hero complex added. By the time I finished the game, 'I'll protect you' rang in my head like a broken record. :(

Eh, I don't really have a second least favorite. If I must pick, my second least is Hope even though I don't hate him. I don't know, but he just seemed really, really whiny to me at the beginning. Even with the reason he had, I thought it didn't compensate the magnitude of the whining he did up to Chapter 7. But after that he got cool with Alexander and he's awesome in battle next to Lightning and Fang. :D That's why I only voted for Snow.

I'm still annoyed he
Spoiler: Chapter 7 (click to show/hide)

KainCrow

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Kain the Crow of Crow Valley!
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 08:35:46 AM »
And no one actually hates Sah and Lightening, surprising.

Kain the Crow of the Crow Valley, Mischievous and Unpredictable D.S.
By the way, who know the relationship b/w a fox and a crow?

Sentinel

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 04:35:06 AM »
Easy choices. Snow and Hope.

Snow: Easily one of the worst characters in the game personality wise. The fact that he goes around screaming that he's a hero like a little kid gets on my nerves quite a lot. There were a few scenes were I found him likable, but only a few. Voice wise and battle wise, he's good. It's just the dialog he's given. I think I've well past had enough of Snow and his fratboy-isms, heroisms, Cocoonisms and Serahisms.

Hope: He was a character whom I thought was going to be a character I was going to like... Well, I was dead wrong. Hope has made me despise kids in RPGs once again because they have a tendency to get on my nerves a lot. It's not that I don't like him, it's just that I'm really ready to push him off a cliff next time no one's watching. He needs to stand up for himself and speak what's on his mind when he wants to confront someone. He's so scared to tell Snow who he is, that it's kinda pathetic.

Radiant Savior

• Moppet
  • Heir to the wyrmking
  • Mood: Indescribable Indescribable

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 04:22:09 AM »
Well... first impressions. I'm literally embarrassed to be around Vanille. Every time she lets out any time of suggestive sounds, I just want to mute my TV. She's made many of these since the game began that I've began to wonder if Square Enix really knew she was letting out orgasm's every 5 minutes.

I used to hate Hope up until Chapter 5 and he got a little bit better. The reason I hated him before that? Because he was acting like a little brat. I could understand about his situation, but he was basically just telling the people who want to help him: "Shut the hell up and leave me alone."

All the other characters, I love. I haven't "met" the last character though (Fang).

IMMA FIRIN MAH MEGAFLARE LAZER.

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 04:51:30 AM »
^Congratulations, sir, you are only the second non-Snow hater who has posted here. :P

And I love how no one hates Lightning. :D

Radiant Savior

• Moppet
  • Heir to the wyrmking
  • Mood: Indescribable Indescribable

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 04:54:57 AM »
Hmm... I guess I should thank you for the congratulations? I still don't get why everyone hates on the poor guy, but then again, I have necessarily gotten far into the game (neither has Snow been involved much to the point I've gotten up too) so things might change I guess.

I'm hoping Vanille changes like Hope, and maybe quits with the sounds or at least tone it down a little bit...? 

IMMA FIRIN MAH MEGAFLARE LAZER.

sentry88

• Hedge Knight
  • ff13-2!!!!
  • Mood: Busy Busy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 02:19:00 AM »
I like all the main cast ;D ;D ;D maybe BARTHANDELUS cause he gave me soooo much trouble :( :(

I goin burn your house down..... with the lemons~Cave Johnson