Author Topic: Final Fantasy XV ideas  (Read 13334 times)

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XV ideas
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 01:10:54 AM »
As a summon, I don't mind. As a guest character in the story is where I'd have to put my foot down. Him taking a moderate to major role in any future FF story sort of solidifies the theory that all FF games happen in the same universe, and if that's true, then that just opens up about a million plot holes. Gilgamesh should be an extra, but his only prominent story role, I think, should be in FFV.

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

Zeikuu

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Puts the Pro in Procrastination
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 09:33:55 AM »
but his only prominent story role, I think, should be in FFV.

* xShadowBlitzx slaps Jacob

You have no imagination and are no fun kay.

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 09:54:17 AM »
I actually would like it if Gilgamesh was maybe a (secret) playable party member. Something like Gogo in VI, but perhaps with more significance. That would be awesome. :o

xXNeoYagamiXx

• Moppet
  • I'm a Gamer, Skateboarder and a youtuber !!
  • Mood: Drunk Drunk

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 12:40:26 AM »
ok..then, well what i want is something like FFIX..not fully medieval and not that much technology...just the airships and engines are pretty cool. story..but not too much story. fun and interactive battle system thats not long and boring like FINAL FANTASY 13!! ..oh...give it some romance too, FF with out romance just sucks. If the story is very serious..example; alot of people dies, etc. please make the main character talkative and fun and cheerful to live the story up (tidus, anyone?) anyways..about Gilgamesh, i would love to fight him as optional boss or love having him as a summon..but the thought of him being in the main story just....doesnt seems that good.

For Gilgamesh, Square should just make a new series just for him. I mean tell us how he became what he is now (A swords whore ;) )  i mean, how he became a red samurai... the story could be about how Gilgamesh sister got kidnap and he have to go rescue her and ends up in a castle and was hired by a king to go all around the world and destroy true evil (every un-original RPG reference) yea..so if he was to be an important character in the main story of any game...he should be the main character of his own game/his own world instead..

"I'm Here to OWN"
                                                                     Uzumaki Naruto

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2010, 12:45:42 AM »
i would really like more dynamic characters and i enjoy fast-paced battle systems but at the same time i want it to still have RPG elements (like the Star Ocean Battle System)

also, im tired of the villian always being some emperor, politician, etc. lately, i want to see a villian thats more dynamic.

i think in terms of side quests, hunts, etc. FF is doing a fine job so far. lastly, i just hope the story is interesting and i want to know what happens next

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

xXNeoYagamiXx

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 01:04:45 AM »
FF13 hunt sidequest was so tiring  :-\

"I'm Here to OWN"
                                                                     Uzumaki Naruto

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 04:00:16 AM »
FF13 hunt sidequest was so tiring  :-\

Exactly. FF13's sidequests are okay at first but just get so repetitive. Nothing to FF12's sidequests, which in my opinion are the best sidequests in any game. However, FF13 isn't the first FF game sidequests have been weak in. FFIV wasn't exactly full of them apart from summons, and many of FFVIII's sidequests could only be completed during certain portions of the game.

xXNeoYagamiXx

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 04:34:40 PM »
exactly, even tho ff4 didnt have it that much, it was still pretty good. and its the same with 8 and 13, but in 13, you're more limited. u can only do it on chapter 9/10 (dont remember) and when you're in the final dungeon (the red moving platform place)  when you can either go back to grand pulse or cacoon...

"I'm Here to OWN"
                                                                     Uzumaki Naruto

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 10:12:50 PM »
Yeah, but FFVIII had that to a certain extent as well. You're only able to fully access all the towns of the world map up till the end of disc 3, and then you can only explore the time warped world after that. FFXIII is much the same with its Chapter 13 exploration.

frankie1984

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 05:04:36 AM »
Cid Will be a Villain on Final Fantasy XV just like Dr. Cid on Final Fantasy XII, Cid Raines on Final Fantasy XIII,  Cid Aulstyne from Final Fantasy Type-0 and Cid will be a Villain on Final Fantasy Versus XIII as well and on Final Fantasy XV it will have 6 playable characters and a Cid will not be a playable Character on Final Fantasy XV and Cid will be one of the Villains and the Characters will have to Fight Cid on Final Fantasy XV.

ChronoFlareZero

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2011, 06:24:09 PM »
I'd like the return of the job class system in which each character has their own specific set of abilities. This allows for more of a strategic battle setting in which you must carefuly select and develop your characters in order to have an efficient team.

The Wind

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 03:43:22 PM »
I would like a return to medieval times style game, no guns, no modern tech, just swords and magic

WKC2 GR27 PSN: The___Wind(3 underscores)

Metal Chocobo

• Vanguard
  • Pushing buttons since 1991
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 12:24:26 PM »
I'd like to see the world map and controllable airships come back. Maybe split the gameplay up over about ten years or more so that the player can see even the youngest team members developing into adults, that way you could include both the younger party members and older ones, maybe one of the initial party members is an old sage/teacher kind of character who passes away part way through the story.

I like Materia. It's shiny. Maybe some kind of combination of 7's materia slot system and 9's ability equipment system? Different materia in equipment allows you to learn different abilities?

Limit Breaks. I want them back. Everybody loves a character's unique super finishing move.

Push the button. That's why it's there. If it wasn't meant to be pushed, it wouldn't be a button.

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 09:37:35 PM »
I would actually love to see Akitoshi Kawazu at the helm once again to see what he can come up with. He's the person who invented the levelling system of Final Fantasy II. Back in 1990 his new system backfired because of the systems limitations but these days game designing is practically only limited by your imagination. His line-up of spinn-offs and other series is quite interesting as well. Romancing Saga, SaGa Frontier, Chrystal Chronicles.

Now add to that Hiroyuki Ito who invented quite a lot of systems mostly known the levelling system of FFVI and the ADB of Final Fantasy XII. Hiroyuki Ito is also known for his sense of balance, as most of the games he lead have a well balanced story to game-play ratio. The later would be nice given the heavy discussions which raised duo to the big difference between the balance in FFXII & FFXIII.

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Necessity is the oasis of true strength
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 09:56:20 PM »
I'm not a fan of fantasizing about sequels. If they are built up too much I usually end up disappointed. Better to remain oblivious and enjoy the surprise.

And FFXII's combat was NOT fast-paced unless you did the side quests. That's one part I do not want a return to. Gambits definitely should be used again at some point. No to the combat itself.

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Whisperer: Sometimes there is a very good reason to fear the dark.