Author Topic: Easiest and Hardest Final Fantasy *SPOILERS*  (Read 24609 times)

sentry88

• Hedge Knight
  • ff13-2!!!!
  • Mood: Busy Busy

• View Profile
Re: Easiest and Hardest Final Fantasy *SPOILERS*
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 11:30:49 AM »
well I've only played ffX XII and XIII soo outta that I'd say
hardest: ffXII I don't know its just something about about going threw menus and knowing what to put on your party
easiest: FFXIII my main problem in FF's is getting lost but now I found it hard to get lost and the Battle system was easy and fun  ;D ;D ;D

I goin burn your house down..... with the lemons~Cave Johnson

chaosblade02

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 11:55:12 AM »
Hardest:

FF1 original (NES), not the remakes.  Many of the random battles and enemies were quite perilous, you could easily be wiped out, and you had to conserve your items/spells wisely and couldn't just spam your strongest nuke every battle to win (you could in the remakes).  Venturing deep into a dungeon required preparation.  Status effects were also very perilous in this game, as was the penalty for getting killed. 

Easiest:

This one is tough, because I felt like a lot of FF games were easy. 

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 11:59:16 AM by chaosblade02 »

PeteThePlayer

• Rear Guard
  • I'm sorry, is that a mosquito?
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 06:03:09 PM »
Hardest:

FF1 original (NES), not the remakes.  Many of the random battles and enemies were quite perilous, you could easily be wiped out, and you had to conserve your items/spells wisely and couldn't just spam your strongest nuke every battle to win (you could in the remakes).  Venturing deep into a dungeon required preparation.  Status effects were also very perilous in this game, as was the penalty for getting killed. 

Easiest:

This one is tough, because I felt like a lot of FF games were easy.

Whoa true. That's how these games are supposed to be. ost of the FFs are easy if you get their hang. The first one is always the hardest and that's how it was supposed to stay.

ChronoFlareZero

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 10:18:23 PM »
The hardest definitely goes to the original NES Final Fantasy. Later versions don't even compete to the difficulty this version had. Also, Warmech (aka Death Machine) was a very nasty enemy, and he was a random encounter! Final Fantasy IV DS is an honorable mention.

I would say the easiest would go to Final Fantasy II except the NES version. I don't remember ever having any problems with this game, despite the fact...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The original and Origins version were a lot more punishing compared to Dawn of Souls and The Anniversary Edition, where in those versions some stats go down while others go up. Final Fantasy VIII gets an honorable mention. The Junction System was a bit broken IMO.

chaosblade02

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 03:34:40 AM »
If someone actually got beat by the first boss in FFVII, that would be very, very sad.

I bet you could troll the hell out of some people on youtube by uploading a video of actually losing to that boss then asking for help  :D

Metal Chocobo

• Vanguard
  • Pushing buttons since 1991
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 01:10:21 AM »
EVen though I've never played it, I'm going to say the original would be the toughest, mainly because I know that really old games for consoles like the NES were made to be absolutely solid so it would take you forever to beat them. This made them last longer since they couldn't be as long as the later and easier games ended up being.

Push the button. That's why it's there. If it wasn't meant to be pushed, it wouldn't be a button.

chaosblade02

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 08:36:53 PM »
The original FF1 was pretty brutal.  I still have an NES cart for the game.  I played the game on a real NES back in the day.  Playing the game on a real system instead of an emulator with save states is the way to go.  Getting ambushed in that game by certain groups of enemies was basically game over.  It wasn't just game over it was a slow game over, lol.  It was easier just to hit the reset button instead of watching your party slowly get demolished by breath attacks or stone.  Getting a party member killed in the middle of a dungeon early on left you with few options, easiest usually being to just reset and try again.  There were no phoenix downs, and life was a level 5 spell, even if you had it you probably didn't have many of those to spare.  They were very liberal with the spell count in the later versions in FF1, max used to be 9 spells of each level and until you got very high level, you didn't have more than a few of the higher level spells so you had to conserve those.  You couldn't just nuke every group you came across or you weren't gonna make it very far before you ran out of spells.  Those 1 or 2 level 8 NUKE spells you may have had were reserved for only the most dangerous encounters, basically NUKE or die.  I preferred Thief/Ninja over Black mage/Wizard, especially if you had a Blackbelt/Master in the group.  Ninja gets Haste which doubles the number of hits on your Master which turned him into a wrecking machine.  And with a Ninja, you were much more likely to be able to escape those really tough random battles instead of using up a bunch of spells to heal up with after the fight.  And also less likely to be ambushed. 

My favorite team was 2 Blackbelt/Master 1 Thief/Ninja and 1 White mage/Wizard.  Early in the game that was a very tough team to use.  But they were great after about level 15 or so.  Large groups of small enemies I was mostly running from, and picked to fight the small groups of larger/higher HP enemies to take out for XP, like Giants/ogres.  The later usually gave better XP anyway.  At least the White mage/Wizard could make quick work of undead, which were some of the deadlier enemies in large groups. 

Never was a fan of the Red Mage/Wizard, they got fewer of and didn't get the most potent spells of either Black/White, and overall a Ninja was more useful, they usually acted first and could use an item, or one of their Fire2 spells to take out a large group of weaker enemies before your party took any damage.  Gear was also relatively cheap for that team, you could have used what you found and spent your money on White Magic.

There isn't a better name for a Black Belt/Master than Chck, short for Chuck because you could only use 4 letters  :P

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 09:08:16 PM by chaosblade02 »

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 12:03:52 AM »
If someone actually got beat by the first boss in FFVII, that would be very, very sad.

Yeah I definitely never did that... ::)
Ok ok, I was like 6 at the time, I didn't understand anything except running in circles... but yeah, I improved drastically xD

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 12:31:31 AM »
Easiest: FFVIII (PS1)

Tons of way to overpower your Characters from early on and GF's Ability completely break the game.

Hardest: FFI (NES)

Random encounters if not geared up decently can screw you up really easily.

Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get.

chaosblade02

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 01:14:55 AM »
Yeah I definitely never did that... ::)
Ok ok, I was like 6 at the time, I didn't understand anything except running in circles... but yeah, I improved drastically xD

I mashed X, even when the tail was raised up, and came out with barret still alive at the end of the fight, no potions or anything.  Doing that gets you limit breaks pretty fast so you actually do more damage quicker.  I purposely went through the fight doing that in one play of FF7 just to see if you could win by X mashing, and what everyone says about FF7 being an X masher is true.  FF7 = hit X to attack ???? profit.  If I was going to recommend an RPG for a 6 year old, FF7 would be it.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 01:17:11 AM by chaosblade02 »

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 10:15:04 PM »
Hahaha, I was a 6 year old with a short attention span and a preference to try silly things xD But yeah, it's not really an x masher game, sure, if you're really boring you can get through most of the game with just attack and cure, but at the same time, the battle system is complex enough that if you're not just boring, you can use so many other ways to defeat enemies... and you could never beat the weapons with attack and cure alone, no way... well... almost no way

chaosblade02

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2011, 06:40:56 AM »
My first real RPG was Castle Adventure, and I played it on DOS on my dads old PC.  I was about 6 or so.  It was the precursor to a game like Legend of Zelda.  I never got an NES until I was about 8.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Adventure

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:43:26 AM by chaosblade02 »

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2012, 10:50:44 PM »
Bumping up this topic to mention FFXIII-2 as one of the easiest FF's to beat. Finished it twice and barely had any problems on both playthroughs.

It's actually disappointing that it was pretty easy to beat, considering FFXIII had just the right amount of balance between difficulty and easy street.

Lone Wolf

• Moppet
  • I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2012, 08:14:55 PM »
For me, hardest would have to go to Final Fantasy IV DS. Since it was also my first time playing the game, and also since I was too stubborn to look to the internet for help, I got a lot of Game Overs on even random enemies. I almost gave up at that Elf boss because I didn't know you had to meet with Edward again to get the item needed to beat him, and lost a colossal amount of times to this one boss. The other bosses weren't much of a picnic either.

Oh, and the final dungeon... it's literally like walking into hell.

Easiest, well, each FF game was easy for me after beating it at least once. I don't recall having that much trouble with Final Fantasy XII, so I would say this one.

stuart

• Brave Companion
  • daddy loves you pumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2012, 10:04:55 AM »
FF X come on how can Yu Yevon be called a final boss when
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

William Karl Pearse my little boy sucking his thumb!