Author Topic: RP Forum Discussion Thread III  (Read 54462 times)

YiazmatSlayer

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
RP Forum Discussion Thread III
« on: June 11, 2011, 07:39:09 PM »
Previous thread had reached 500+ Posts.

The last post was;

Don't worry Kain I'm sure an idea will come along the way, I created Tiarra as a blank character and only got the idea for her as we went along. :P

There's a difference between playing a card, and using a card. - Zane Truesdale

ElliotMajor

• Paragon of Justice
  • All that glisters is not gold
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
Re: RP Forum Discussion Thread III
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 10:11:18 AM »
You all write a hell of a lot in the RP's nowadays back int he day we used to write small amounts but it moved quite quickly.

If I'm being honest the huge amounts of texts will probably stop me from joining the roleplays as it's daunting to read a page of a book (to me) for each post a character does.

When did everyone start writing so much? :o

"Are sins.. ever forgiven?"

"I've never tried"

YiazmatSlayer

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 11:43:12 AM »
Were you around for "The Lost Hero" ?

If so, that was the first RP I joined, and being a writer myself...well, it got large posts ;D

There's a difference between playing a card, and using a card. - Zane Truesdale

ElliotMajor

• Paragon of Justice
  • All that glisters is not gold

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 11:51:52 AM »
I may have been, don't get me wrong I don't mind writing in fact I enjoy it. I also enjoy reading but only that much when I've sat down relaxed with a nice cuppa to read a book :)

"Are sins.. ever forgiven?"

"I've never tried"

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Necessity is the oasis of true strength
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 03:23:39 PM »
Just make sure you have a cuppa when you sit down to join.

Listen guys, we need to start moving the RP along again so if no-one else advances the plot with their character I'm going to have to do it and it might be in a way that interferes with your ideas. You have 24 hours (boy did that sound evil :P ).

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Whisperer: Sometimes there is a very good reason to fear the dark.

DevilsGreen

• Hedge Knight
  • :] Hey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 03:40:02 PM »
I don't like massive posts :/ I can write them but I get bored easy. =d I wouldn't consider myself a writer (I'd like to be but ..)  I think smaller posts like a paragraph would be enough so it can move faster and people have more chance to post.

I was told there was a roleplaying forum on here (I usually rp on gaiaonline), I was a bit sad everyone all advance lit =[]

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 03:41:54 PM »
I don't like massive posts :/ I can write them but I get bored easy. =d I wouldn't consider myself a writer (I'd like to be but ..)  I think smaller posts like a paragraph would be enough so it can move faster and people have more chance to post.

I was told there was a roleplaying forum on here (I usually rp on gaiaonline), I was a bit sad everyone all advance lit =[]

I'm afraid large posts is just the way we RP on FFT.

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

DevilsGreen

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 04:04:14 PM »
I'm afraid large posts is just the way we RP on FFT.

Nawww I might try it but I'm worried everyone will dislike my posts if they're not as long as theirs xD

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 04:14:15 PM »
Nawww I might try it but I'm worried everyone will dislike my posts if they're not as long as theirs xD

As long as they're coherent then you've nothing to worry about.

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 05:02:30 PM »
Just a suggestion - if enough people prefer them without long posts, maybe create some where there is also a maximum length of post and possibly have 2 running simultaneously with one long posts and one shorter? Obviously that has room for flexibility and some long posts would be fine, but just a suggestion :)

DevilsGreen

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 05:04:33 PM »
Just a suggestion - if enough people prefer them without long posts, maybe create some where there is also a maximum length of post and possibly have 2 running simultaneously with one long posts and one shorter? Obviously that has room for flexibility and some long posts would be fine, but just a suggestion :)

I agree. :p

I didn't know anyone at first and I didn't wanna join and get it all wrong xD

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »
Haha, you can't really get it wrong (so long as you don't like break the rules and kill a character xD ), but it can be tricky with the posts as long as they are to join in after like... 20 odd pages and have to read through it all, especially if time is limited.

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 05:07:12 PM »

That's not going to happen because the long posts in the RPs are not required, they just happen because people are enthusiastic.

I didn't know anyone at first and I didn't wanna join and get it all wrong xD

Even if you did get it a little wrong it wouldn't really matter. RPing is about adapting to other peoples' ideas. As long as you have the right theme in you're head then you should be fine.

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 05:33:52 PM »

In Whisperers, our previous RP, there has been numerous occasions of forced doublepost (I actually recall some triplepost occasions...) due to the massiveness (yay madeup word) of the situation that needs to be explained... hence I fear that may not be possible. I agree that it is quite a pain to join if you're joining halfway, and while an attempt at keeping a running summary has been made sometimes things just cannot be summarized... but if anyone would like a summary I wouldn't one constructing one for the RP.

Just make sure you have a cuppa when you sit down to join.

Listen guys, we need to start moving the RP along again so if no-one else advances the plot with their character I'm going to have to do it and it might be in a way that interferes with your ideas. You have 24 hours (boy did that sound evil :P ).

I think I've been advancing mine far enough and I think I will be detached from the main crew for a while anyway. I've been waiting because I don't really wanna mess up the 'time sync' of the RP, for lack of a better word. But I think I'll add something tonight or tomorrow night.

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 05:37:56 PM »
You're definitely one person that I don't need to tell to post Mega :D.