Author Topic: RP Forum Discussion Thread III  (Read 54499 times)

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
Re: RP Forum Discussion Thread III
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 05:45:27 PM »
In Whisperers, our previous RP, there has been numerous occasions of forced doublepost (I actually recall some triplepost occasions...) due to the massiveness (yay madeup word) of the situation that needs to be explained... hence I fear that may not be possible. I agree that it is quite a pain to join if you're joining halfway, and while an attempt at keeping a running summary has been made sometimes things just cannot be summarized... but if anyone would like a summary I wouldn't one constructing one for the RP.

Oh, there would of course be room for flexibility - long posts would of course be acceptable at climatic times - but I was referring more to the great amounts of detail in some posts that isn't completely necessary for the storyline... but obviously it's fine if people don't want it, I personally don't have a problem with the current method :)

ElliotMajor

• Paragon of Justice
  • All that glisters is not gold
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 05:52:07 PM »
I think I don't like extremely long posts is because I like to leave most things to the imagination, I don't force images or descriptions onto people and let them make monsters or buildings basically to there own specifications.

I'll agree at sometimes (during climactic part or parts that need description) large descriptions are needed but the way I prefer to RP is fast flowing and interactive.

I may attempt to join one of the RP's (there's only one atm) but I think I'll post a paragraph maybe two at most if I do.

"Are sins.. ever forgiven?"

"I've never tried"

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Necessity is the oasis of true strength
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 05:58:08 PM »
I think I don't like extremely long posts is because I like to leave most things to the imagination, I don't force images or descriptions onto people and let them make monsters or buildings basically to there own specifications.

I'll agree at sometimes (during climactic part or parts that need description) large descriptions are needed but the way I prefer to RP is fast flowing and interactive.

I may attempt to join one of the RP's (there's only one atm) but I think I'll post a paragraph maybe two at most if I do.

That's a way a lot of authors write. If that's the way you want to do it and be part of the RP then that's perfect. Just be warned that some people may require some clarification on certain points in this thread. But your way would fit right in, I'm sure of it.

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Whisperer: Sometimes there is a very good reason to fear the dark.

FFZell

• Brave Companion
  • Vos plus mihi par fatum
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 09:44:36 PM »
I keep wondering if I should try to be a part of a RP...I always go long periods without posting...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Nostrum verus vita est ut nos es in nostrum somnium suscitatio - Henry David Thoreau

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 09:59:37 PM »
I keep wondering if I should try to be a part of a RP...I always go long periods without posting...

Base a character around that potentially?

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

KainCrow

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Kain the Crow of Crow Valley!
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 07:37:31 AM »
Lo, Ultima? I want to post, but I am still unsure whether Bram need to do something before the party departure or not.. Well, if you can do something about that, then maybe after your post and departure, I will post something.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 07:39:18 AM by KainCrow »
Kain the Crow of the Crow Valley, Mischievous and Unpredictable D.S.
By the way, who know the relationship b/w a fox and a crow?

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2011, 08:30:57 AM »
Just count me in, no need for me to do something special at the moment.

KainCrow

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 08:35:36 AM »
...Ah. Then perhaps I will try to post soon.. Currently I am called out to greet my dear father who's returning earlier than scheduled date.. *pouts*

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2011, 02:19:03 AM »
...Ah. Then perhaps I will try to post soon.. Currently I am called out to greet my dear father who's returning earlier than scheduled date.. *pouts*

Poor you.

To be honest, I'm sick of the stagnation. I'm going to be a bit more ruthless with my posts. Only if you really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, hate what I've written then PM me.

KainCrow

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2011, 05:29:40 PM »
Huh.. Ruthless indeed, Ultima. It's still in the Dragoon Fortress, right? I will add more in 24hours, then.

*Kainey scrowls as she feels headache* Kainey had a drinking spree with her parents for two days in a row. Ah, well..  I refused today, but they were like, 'its your birthday' and stuff.. *wark*.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 05:38:34 PM by KainCrow »

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2011, 05:38:05 PM »
Huh.. Ruthless indeed, Ultima. It's still in the Dragoon Fortress, right? I will add more in 24hours, then.

*Kainey scrowls as she feels headache* Kainey had a drinking spree with her parents for two days in a row. Ah, well..  I refused today, but they were like, 'its your birthday' and stuff.. *Bleep*.

I'll add something later today. I just don't think RPs dying because of people fearing to mislead the plot is a good idea. Neither is lack of understanding (although that cannot be helped some of the time). Only real life events should impact how active peeps are. ;D

KainCrow

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2011, 05:40:24 PM »
True. Wonder if Morlake will be confused if a strange man just keeps on throwing questions at him...? *Kainey frowns* Guess he will answer at the questions if it's healing-related stuff, but really... Hn.

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 12:15:48 PM »
OoC: Bram, if you have an idea then get it down. MC and I can work with pretty much anything.
Don't think I can post for the next two weeks though.

For once school is litterally killing me at te moment :-X

Dragon Lord

• Rear Guard
  • Happy is he who finds amusement in small things
  • Mood: Stressed Stressed

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 03:10:42 AM »

I think I've been advancing mine far enough and I think I will be detached from the main crew for a while anyway. I've been waiting because I don't really wanna mess up the 'time sync' of the RP, for lack of a better word. But I think I'll add something tonight or tomorrow night.
That time sync is one of the things I've been worried about. The entire timeline of my posts is a single night in the RP. I can fix it pretty easily in another post (maybe two). I usually think in much more detail when I try to write.

The reason my posts tend to be fairly long is that I very rarely have the patience to write down my ideas (ask Metal Choc). I usually build whole worlds in my head (often several), thinking generations in advance but I never actually get down to writing the story. So whenever I do sit down to post I try to get as much ouit of my head and onto the screen as I can.

See, even this thing is long.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 03:13:20 AM by Dragon Lord »
“Time for a Celebration! Cheese for Everyone! Wait, scratch that. Cheese for no-one. That can be just as much of a celebration if you don't like cheese. True? " - Sheogorath

rsslayersr

• Order of Ambrosia
  • The Cake is a Lie
  • Mood: Depressed Depressed

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 10:34:44 PM »
Should I be apart of a RP... I like writing and school is almost over...
I get that Dragon Slayer is full..?

You might not know this, but Mytthal has a soft spot for cake. He likes to lurk around West and steal Apple Pie from the Cooking Guild.
An Apple a day keeps the Guildmaster away!