Poll

Would you like to see a Last Remannt PC walkthrough from me, dedeicated to this very forum?

Yes!
10 (100%)
Unsure.
0 (0%)
No.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: July 10, 2011, 08:12:29 PM

Author Topic: The Last Remnant Walkthrough dedicated to FFT?  (Read 2944 times)

Yuichan

• Rear Guard
  • °_°
  • Mood: Mischievous Mischievous

• View Profile
The Last Remnant Walkthrough dedicated to FFT?
« on: July 07, 2011, 08:12:29 PM »
Hello fellow FFT members,

as of recent, i am finally done with school, and i got about 3 months until university starts, YAY!
With so much free-time, i have thought about a project i wanted to do for a while, but never had the chance: A TLR walkthrough. I have alot of knowledge about this game and some people actually called me "the TLR encyclopedia". Though until now, i never got the time, and i am always feared for some reason.

I'd like to do voiced too, i probably could, but when i talk english in such kind of video, it sounds so scripted. Not free in any sense :(

What are your thoughts about this? Any things i should watch out for in walkthroughs(tips from fellow walkthroughers/Lets Players)

And because i so  <3 this forum, i would like to dedicate this walkthrough to the forum somehow, though i have no idea how  ;)

FFZell

• Brave Companion
  • Vos plus mihi par fatum
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Re: The Last Remnant Walkthrough dedicated to FFT?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 01:02:15 AM »
This is a great idea! I have of yet to finish that game...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Nostrum verus vita est ut nos es in nostrum somnium suscitatio - Henry David Thoreau

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 02:12:13 AM »
Yuichan, you honor us with your idea. I'm a big fan of Last Remnant (one of my favorite games of this gen), and I'll watch anything you post. I particularly like unusual strategies or unique combinations of characters.

Yuichan

• Rear Guard
  • °_°

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 02:45:43 AM »
ooo, unusual strategies... hmm.... no idea as to how to implement that, but i can go for unique combinations(using characters which are less used).

still, i wish i'd know how to dedicate it to this forum, since i ahvent done much as of yet.

jake1456

• Paragon of Justice
  • Mood: Hungry Hungry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 12:18:17 PM »
would you be able to make it easy to understand usually i don't understand any of the other walkthroughs

insanity isn't gained you are born with it

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 12:51:25 PM »
I'd like to do voiced too, i probably could, but when i talk english in such kind of video, it sounds so scripted. Not free in any sense :(

What are your thoughts about this? Any things i should watch out for in walkthroughs(tips from fellow walkthroughers/Lets Players)
When your going to add voice make sure to do it for either the fun or to explain stuff. Should you do the first its wise to name the videos a Let Play, if your doing the later you can call it a walkthrough. Its doesn't really mather theoretically, but people just expect certain things with a certain name :D

Personally I only would add voice to explain stuff. I've never played TLR, but it seems like quite the complex game. So explaining "weird" stuff always helps. And if its for explaining it doesn't mater if you sound a little scripted.

Don't know what you mean with dedicate it to this forum though ??? Most video making people here just place a link underneath in the comment section. Might sound simple, but Jacob has brought quite a lot of people here through those links ;D

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 02:47:22 PM »
It's alright if the commentary is strictly professional, because that's just the style of it. I mean, look at HCBailly. His commentary is almost completely that, and he's a great LPer. I'm way off, haha, my commentary is totally casual and conversational, but that's just because that professional way of talking just isn't me all that much.

Either way, I wholeheartedly support this idea, and I wish you luck. ^_^

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

Yuichan

• Rear Guard
  • °_°

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 08:45:37 PM »
Personally I only would add voice to explain stuff. I've never played TLR, but it seems like quite the complex game. So explaining "weird" stuff always helps. And if its for explaining it doesn't mater if you sound a little scripted.

Sounds good. Prolly to explain some boss battle strategies and such. Not sure what else i should explain. Maybe Arcanas or good general dieas on how to build your group. But good idea.

Don't know what you mean with dedicate it to this forum though ??? Most video making people here just place a link underneath in the comment section. Might sound simple, but Jacob has brought quite a lot of people here through those links ;D

Sounds reasonable. Though i have like..no subs atm? so it'll attract not many people. But i'll still do it :D

It's alright if the commentary is strictly professional, because that's just the style of it.

Thing is, i have made some commentated ones already, and it sounded really horrible. A german LPing in english sounds meh :(

Either way, I wholeheartedly support this idea, and I wish you luck. ^_^

Thanks man! Good luck with your Walkthroughs too!