Author Topic: Forum Update -- [14 July 2011]  (Read 1398 times)

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Forum Update -- [14 July 2011]
« on: July 14, 2011, 10:40:19 AM »
Shadow Gilgamesh pointed out a bug in the login system. As you might remember I've changed the login system to email only to prevent us from auto-login bots. But it seemed that after the update the login system went back to normal, allowing users to log in through both email and username. This has now been restored to email only like it was suppose to be, so pay that in mind when you try to log in again.

Also duo to a lot of accounts being nothing more than spammers/advertisers be them bots or not I've cleared up our member base. I've deleted all account who hasn't roughly logged in during the past 2 months and who also hadn't reached the rank of moppet yet (which requires 2 hours of online time).

The combination of both should prevent any active users from being removed from the system, but in case your account did get removed feel free to make a new one :D

Zeikuu

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Puts the Pro in Procrastination

• View Profile
Re: Forum Update -- [14 July 2011]
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 10:41:57 AM »
Woah total members went from 800 or so to 279.

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades

• View Profile
Re: Forum Update -- [14 July 2011]
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 10:49:06 AM »
Woah total members went from 800 or so to 279.
Well its quite normal to take of a huge chuck of the members total to get a more realistic result. At least the 279 gives a more accurate number. 279 contain the current active accounts and the previous active accounts, along with only a small percentage of spammers & advertisers.