Author Topic: FFX-2 Dressphere Locations and Uses {Spoliers Just like Most other guides}  (Read 29041 times)

ElliotMajor

• Paragon of Justice
  • All that glisters is not gold
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
Welcome to ElliotMajors

FFX-2 Dressphere Location and Uses Guide

There are A total of 14 normal dresspheres and 3 Special dress sphere, The normal ones realte to the jobs you would usually get in an FF i.e black mage, white mage ,warrior ect, ect
The 3 Special dress spheres are the closes thing in FFX-2 to limit breaks and can onyl be accesed after cylcing through all the drespheres on your current garment grid
Anyway onto the Dresspheres, DS

In alphabeticle order

Alchemist
When: Ch 2, 3 and 5

How to get:
There are three ways to obtain this DS

IMPORTANT
Make sure to talk to clasko and invite him onboard in CH1 or Ch2 or else the Dressphere  is out of your grasp

Method 1
A) During the 'Foggy Fiend Frenzy' sidequest in CH1 talk to Clasko (!After he has been told to show you the way!)
B) After the Sidequest 'Foggy Fiend Frenzy' Return to the Savesphere at the entrance to Mushroom rock and look for clasko on the right of the screen talk to him and choose the 'More the merrier!' option
C) Then in CH2 during the 'Cuckoo for Chocobos' Mission in Mi'hen clasko will help you
D) After killing the boss enter the screen infront of the agency and invite Clasko and Calli onboard (!Calli will only come if you obtained the chocobo for her!)
E) Finally go to the Calm lands and complete the 'Cleap Sweep' sidequest in the 'Faculty ruins' (Old monser arena)
F) After the misssion Clasko hands over the Alchemist Dressphere

Method 2
A) If you didnt do the 'Foggy Fiend Frenzy' or forgot to invite Clasko onto the airship in CH1 Do not fear you can still get the dressphere!
B) Find him in CH2 in the screen just before you enter the ravine in Mushroom rock
C) Talk to him and he runs off, if you havent done the 'cuckoo for chocobos' mission in Mi'hen yet he will apear and help yuna just before the boss
D) You will have to make it to the bos in the time limit, afterwards invite Clasko and Calli onboard infront of the agency (!Calli will only come onboard if you have the chocobo for her!)
E) If you have already done the 'Cuckoo for chocobos' mission he will be in the calm lands in CH3 Complete the 'Clean sweep' Misssion and He hands over the Dressphere

Method 3
A) if you ninvite Clasko on board in CH1 or 2 but dont go to the calm lands in ch2 he'll jump ship in CH3 (Do they have parachutes? or strong legs?) do the mission and you'll get the Alchemist dressphere

Uses
In my oppinion after some hard AP gaining the Alchemist is one of the best dresspheres in the game, with an endless reserve of mega-potions, x-potions and ethers this Dressphere is easily one of my faves
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Beserker
When: CH3

How to get:
In CH3 Complete the 'Protect the agency' Sidequest in macalania

Uses
I dont use this one very often and tend to stick with my alchemist and 2 dark knights team, BUT this dressphere does boast the 'evade & counter' and 'Magic counter' Abilitys which makes it a very useful dressphere indeed
Black Mage
When: CH1

How to get:
Not really misssable you get it during the stroyline after you've beaten boris and talked to shinra to view the sphere

Uses
I use this one quite alot and it is usually this on (or warrior) that I master first as the range of magic moves can come in handy during tight situations, thoughI find it ineffective against later bosses
Dark knight
When: CH2, CH3 and CH4

How to get:

In CH2
During the 'Infiltrate Bevelle' mission, you get to the screen 'Bevelle labyrinth' its after the screen with the huge spinning machinery, go towards the wall which will fall away and reveal three lifts. Take the left lift up, above climb onto tboth parts of the floor that have been raised to acces the final lift, DONT TAKE IT, Go south until you fall to the screen below. use the middle lift to go to a switch climb onto it and 2 pillars will arise on another screen, go back down. Now ride the right lift to the upper level, then take the left lift back down. Rid the middle lift again to reach another switch and the final two pillars will rise , ride back down. Then take the left lift up and then final lift to get to the upper upper level. there is one main path and a path yopu can jump down to the eft of the mian path take that path and open the chest, The darknight dressphere is yours!

In CH3 (New Yevon)
If you chose to give the sphere back to New Yevon you have acces to this area of bevelle all CH3, just follow the above method

In CH3 (Youth league)
If you gave the sphere to the youth league you only have access to this area AFTER the besaid and Kilika hotspots but BEFORE you beat the boss in Djose

In CH5
You have access to this area all of CH5

Uses
This is my favorite Physical attack as it has amazing strength, this dressphere is useful all the way through the game.
Floral Fallal
(YUNAS SPECIAL DRESSPHERE)
When: CH2

How to get:
Whilst looking for the uniforms a missionw ill start in Djose Highroad, folow the road and the dressphere is laying on the floor.

Uses
I dont have much to say about the Special dresspheres because I prefer using my whole party and I dont think that are very useful
Full Throttle
(PAINES SPECIAL DRESSPHERE)
When: CH1 and CH2

How to get:
YOU CAN ONLY GET THIS IN CH1 OR CH2

In CH1
Go to Macalania, go the the crosshaped area just before the macalania lake agency, take the NE exit to the spring. Trommel is here, Talk to him 4 times and he will hand over the Dressphere

In CH2
Go to the spring mentioned above, you will find Bayra, A bird with a harp. Talk to him to start the 'Track down the troupe' mission, after the mission when asked if you WANT TO BOARD THE CELCSIUS say [No], Trommel will emerge form the woods, talk to him 4 times and he will hand over this dressphere

Uses
I dont have much to say about the Special dresspheres because I prefer using my whole party and I dont think that are very useful
Gun Mage
When: Ch1 and Ch2

How to get:

In CH1
Complete the 'Shave the hypello' Mission in the Moonflow and Tobli will give you this dressphere

In CH2
Complete the 'YRP, the scalpers three' mission and sell all the tickets, YOU MUST MAKE A PROFIT, then Tobli will give you this Dressphere

Uses
This Gun Mage is basicly a Blue mage and can learn moves from the fiends that use them, one useful move is Anihilator!
Gunner

How to get:
You start with it

Uses
This dressphere is VERY usefull when paired with cat-nip critical HP and trigger happy lvl3
Lady Luck
When: Ch3 and CH5

How to get:

In CH3
Participate in the spherebreak contest in luca, beat two players then save. Beat the final player and yuna will challange the champion Shinra, Beat shinra , which isn't easy, to get this dressphere.

In CH5
If you didnt beat Shinra in CH3 go to the locker rooms and Shinra is in the right one, beat him, although this match is even harder than the first

Uses
CONGRATZ you've found my favorite dressphere, This dressphere have Bribe, but why pay the monsters to leave when with CONGRATZ the monsters pay you then leave and give you items! A real gil making machine.
Machina Maw
(RIKKUS SPECIAL DRESSPHERE)
When: CH2

How to get:
When hunting for syndicate uniforms you have to go to Bikanel, (You need letter of introductions from Gippal) Talk to Nhadala and she will send you to the Oasis where the sphere lays waiting

Uses
Mascot
When: CH5

How to get:
Get EPISODE COMPLETE in every area of spira in CH5, Bridal mission, 'Fiend Colony' and Via Infinito are not required for this Dressphere

Uses
Yuna has moves that can haste shell and protect your party in one move! Also she has curaja!
Pain has knife moves and Rikku have magic moves

Samurai
When: Ch3 and Ch5

How to get:

In CH3
When Doing the 'Pest control' mission in Kilika, Kill the two FIXED BATTLE Daveus, go down the stairs and the samurai dressphere is laying on the floor waiting to be picked up!

In CH5
Get EPISODE COMPLETE/CONCLUDED in kilika and enter the temple in one of the chests the Samurai dressphere awaits

Uses
The samurai dressphere boasts the Spare change ability, also has a very high strength stat
Songstress

How to Get:
You get it during the intro to the game when Leblanc shows her true colors

Uses
This can be used to inflict a Number of status on enemies, OR usful dances like MP MAMBO which lower the partys mp cost to 0!
Thief

How to get:
You start with it

Uses
Basicly the only use of this is the ability to steal items, which can be useful
Trainer
When: CH3

How to get:
In CH2 go to Mt Gagazet and talk to Kimahri and talk to him 2 times. When questioned pick the second option. in CH3 there is a mission on Gagazet. Go there and speak to Kimahri he will give you the trainer dressphere.

Uses
Not much although they can be very useful in smal fights, but very little use in boss fights
Warrior

How to get:
You start with it

Uses
The first physical attacker but it them gets replaced by the Dark Knight
White mage
When: Ch1

How to get:
You get it from a boss battle in besaid this is a storylien mission that you cant miss

Uses
Healing, Healing, Healing and Healing Pretty much sums it up oh and buffs

Well thats the end of my Dressphere Locations and Uses guide
Any questions will be answered =D

"Are sins.. ever forgiven?"

"I've never tried"

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
I Have to say Mascot was the best dressphere this game ever came up with.

ElliotMajor

• Paragon of Justice

• View Profile
As stated my Favorite is LADY LUCK!!

CASTS CONGRATZ ON SPEE

Gained 1,00,000 gil and  99 Zodiac Spears

Lol

yunas mascot is amazing though

"I've never tried"

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.

• View Profile
As stated my Favorite is LADY LUCK!!

CASTS CONGRATZ ON SPEE

Gained 1,00,000 gil and  99 Zodiac Spears

Lol

yunas mascot is amazing though
That was the hardest to get..

I remember losing to Shinra like 7 or 8 times before I got it.  :-\

FFZell

• Brave Companion
  • Vos plus mihi par fatum
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
I HATE SPHERE BREAK!!! And getting this episode complete in Bikanel is killing me...Goodfornothing Angra Mainyu...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Nostrum verus vita est ut nos es in nostrum somnium suscitatio - Henry David Thoreau

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.

• View Profile
I HATE SPHERE BREAK!!! And getting this episode complete in Bikanel is killing me...Goodfornothing Angra Mainyu...
Low Level Party+Pedritons Flame=x_x

FFZell

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
I am finding that out....I am in the mid fourties...I can actually stand up to this boss, and I have good strategy, but I get bored, then use Charon with Paine on Angra Mainyu, and I perish...

Nostrum verus vita est ut nos es in nostrum somnium suscitatio - Henry David Thoreau

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.

• View Profile
I am finding that out....I am in the mid fourties...I can actually stand up to this boss, and I have good strategy, but I get bored, then use Charon with Paine on Angra Mainyu, and I perish...
What I did was have all gunners, full HP in the start of the battle, equip Cat Nip's, Perdirton's Flame brings them down to critical, Trigger happy, 9999 HP every hit.  :D

At least thats what I did, whats your strategy?

FFZell

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
two darks and an alchemist...I don't have cat's nip yet, because the guide I am using has me going to bevelle after djose, which we go after we finish Bikanel.

ElliotMajor

• Paragon of Justice

• View Profile
You knwo you dant have to follow guides EXACTLY i woudl be easier tog o get catnip, how much does your highest lvl character have in the DARK KNIGHT dresshere? if it is over 5000 then it is a sure win for catnip

"I've never tried"

FFZell

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
okay, I am confuzzled ???

Paine has mastered the Dark Knight Dressphere, and she is level 47 doing ~2000 damage to Angra.  She has 150 STR with command belt and wristband equipped.

Yuna has mastered Gunner, but is equipped with Dark Knight and almost mastered that (Just Black Sky and Charon, then she has mastered the DK dressphere).  She is lvl 46 with 125 Strength and two muscle belts equipped.

Rikku is using Alchemist (she is learning Mega-Phoenix) and spamming stashd Mega-Potions, with a phoenix down when needed.  She is lvl 47 with Tetra Bracelet and Schmooth Sailing equipped.

All three girls are using the Tempered Will GG (which doubles HP when passed through green gate.)

ElliotMajor

• Paragon of Justice

• View Profile
Basicly
The boss that you have to defeat to get CAT-NIP can be defeated with a CHARON from a darknight with 5000+HP

"I've never tried"

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.

• View Profile
Basicly
The boss that you have to defeat to get CAT-NIP can be defeated with a CHARON from a darknight with 5000+HP

Isn't that Dark Elemental with only 9999 HP?

ElliotMajor

• Paragon of Justice

• View Profile
yes it is, Another way to kill it if shooting it with tableturner from your gunner

"I've never tried"

FFZell

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
If that is all I have to do, I can boost Paine's HP to 9999 easily with some accs, and then Charon her!  Down to Via!