Final Fantasy IX
5 (21.7%)
Final Fantasy X
4 (17.4%)
Final Fantasy XII
11 (47.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: November 10, 2011, 01:37:02 AM

Author Topic: Need an opinion  (Read 3766 times)

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Necessity is the oasis of true strength
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
Need an opinion
« on: November 09, 2011, 01:37:02 AM »
I am bored and seriously need to exercise my writer muscles. Hopefully you lot can help with this.

Which of the above Final Fantasies should I write a short story on? They are the games I know well and can therefore adhere relatively strictly to the established canon. I could potentially do a story on FFs III & IV but I don't really like them as games.

I've given the option of voting twice so get cracking.

If you have an idea for what part of the game then leave a reply. If you don't like any of the choices then pick a game and leave a reply and I'll consider it.

Unless a particularly irritating assignment crops up I should have it done by Sunday. If people enjoy it enough I might do it once a fortnight/month.

EDIT: It should be noted that this will be a short story.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 01:48:46 AM by Ultima »
When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Whisperer: Sometimes there is a very good reason to fear the dark.

YiazmatSlayer

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Re: Need an opinion
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 01:46:20 AM »
I voted for X & XII.

If you do X, I'd say do the part where they're all separated on Bikanel Island. I always hated how everyone's just conveniently stood around....would be cool to see what ideas you'd have for what happened to them. You could also do a novel based on Braska's pilgrimage? :)

I chose XII because there's so much you could do about it. If you were really into it, you could use the games Clan Primer to construct a history of ivalice based novel, about the origins of the espers, or about the Dynast King Raithwall :)

There's a difference between playing a card, and using a card. - Zane Truesdale

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 01:58:09 AM »
Something involving the Espers from FFXII sounds great. Maybe your own personal view on their backstory before they were struck down and banished by the gods.

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 02:06:36 AM »
Something involving the Espers from FFXII sounds great. Maybe your own personal view on their backstory before they were struck down and banished by the gods.

I like it very much. This idea will be a tough contender to beat.

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 05:59:28 AM »
I voted on IX and XII, shazam those two seem to be the most popular :o

I really like Ally's idea as well. :D

stuart

• Brave Companion
  • daddy loves you pumpkin
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 10:49:29 AM »
I think Braska's pilgrimage would make for a great novel. and i have to admit a story on espers in XII would actually be pretty *Bleep* awesome read if I do say so my self

William Karl Pearse my little boy sucking his thumb!

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 03:37:42 PM »
i only voted for XII, but i have a question: are we only talking about the main story for these options? because i'm always up for something about Zack Fair or Angeal, Genesis and Sephiroth

stuart

• Brave Companion
  • daddy loves you pumpkin
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 03:57:58 PM »
OMG I thinks I might pass out from Fan Boy syndrome if Ultima does a Zack/Angeal/Genesis/Sephiroth story

William Karl Pearse my little boy sucking his thumb!

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 04:23:37 PM »
Anything is open as an option. ;D ::)

KainCrow

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Kain the Crow of Crow Valley!
  • Mood: Embarrassed Embarrassed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 04:46:09 PM »
I voted for VII and XII..

I like Ally's idea, though it makes me wonder about the stories behind each of VII's summons as well, considering that they are supposedly some kind of hero/character of a myth or whatever that many people believed in or something, and memories of the dead people gathered and formed materia or something.. ...Or so that's common explanation or theories made by people talking about VII often.

And yes, I am also always up for any stories about Shinra's three generals and Zachary Fair.. ...Though I am more of Silver Elite.. (for some reason I prefer evil version Sephiroth better. So far, one of my most favourite characters.. ...More than actual main character of VII, Cloud Strife, yeah.)

I think story about Vincent Valentine as a Turk before he met Lucretia would be nice as well. Considering Vincent that had been featured in games are all like, a very silent character that has internal struggle due to tragic past, with demons of the past (literally), it would be quite fun to imagine what Vincent was like before all those events. (He was a Turk, I know, but that's what makes it fun, with general quirks of the Turks..) Hard to find one around. In case of the Shinra's three Soldier First Class and Zachary, you can find a lot of them.. Less originality. Too many people wrote about them, making it hard to come up with something no one else wrote before.

..Now plot bunnies are jumping inside my head. *whimpers* I need to go finish preparation for Presentation tomorrow.. *wark*.

Kain the Crow of the Crow Valley, Mischievous and Unpredictable D.S.
By the way, who know the relationship b/w a fox and a crow?

Metal Chocobo

• Vanguard
  • Pushing buttons since 1991
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 07:43:52 PM »
I voted IX because I'm pretty sure there's a couple of years between the actual end of the game and the end of the final cutscene. With the genomes, the black mages and other general stuff it would be nice to know how things played out and why it took so long to reach the conclusion it did.

Push the button. That's why it's there. If it wasn't meant to be pushed, it wouldn't be a button.

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 12:16:19 AM »
I really like Ally's idea as well. :D
Don't give credit mainly to me. Yiaz said it first. I was just following up on it.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:28:44 AM by Ally »

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 01:18:05 AM »
My apologies, Yiaz and Ally's idea XD It would make a good story though, I'd like to see the buildup to the Esper-Occurian war and possibly how each of them were banished.

Kerochancaptor

• Moppet
  • Mood: Curious Curious

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 05:32:42 PM »
I vote FF12  ;)

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 05:53:26 PM »
The votes have been cast and the winner is FFXII. I will begin tonight. :)

Feel free to continue to post with other games I could write about in a fortnight's time.