Author Topic: Ivalice Spy XX - [ Game Completed! ]  (Read 14922 times)

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Re: Ivalice Spy XX - [Game Ongoing]
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2011, 08:52:28 PM »
Shadow Gilgamesh made it till the end of the game :o

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2011, 08:53:50 PM »
Maybe he really is the best hunter. :P

Anyway, I'll explain the clues when I get more free time.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

jake1456

• Paragon of Justice
  • Mood: Hungry Hungry

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2011, 09:02:32 PM »
who thinks that next game Shadow Gilgamesh will either be the spy or die early

insanity isn't gained you are born with it

stuart

• Brave Companion
  • daddy loves you pumpkin
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2011, 09:11:42 PM »
yay we did it. And wow SG you made it to the end of the game and you bagged the spy too haha you really are the best hunter in all of ivalice *shouting* "Free Madstuff here" *hands SG a pitcher of madstuff*. Now lets say we all get drunk very quickly what say you?

William Karl Pearse my little boy sucking his thumb!

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2011, 09:19:47 PM »
and it was the best day ever ::)

rsslayersr

• Order of Ambrosia
  • The Cake is a Lie
  • Mood: Depressed Depressed

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2011, 09:24:43 PM »
I'm really looking forward to the clues.

And zody.. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO KILL ME >:( :'(

*Is tormenting you by giving you no cake*

You might not know this, but Mytthal has a soft spot for cake. He likes to lurk around West and steal Apple Pie from the Cooking Guild.
An Apple a day keeps the Guildmaster away!

angel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2011, 10:06:00 PM »
chaos very very well done for an action packed story that had us all scratching our heads ...

sg

congratulations , you finally did it   ;)

There is no such thing as a bad elf ...

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2011, 11:55:53 PM »
It seems everyone was mislead (maybe mislead isn't the right word in this case) by the water theme. It's just something I came up with when I needed to kill angel. It wasn't planned from the beginning. The only thing that was planned was place where the story happens and the spy's special ability (which was also the key hint in this game).

Let's start from round 3 since that is where it gets obvious what the special ability is about.

Round 3
KainCrow, xShadowBlitzx, Zodiac Killer 99 and Oniangel were sleeping in the same tent (the color of the tent was a little hint as well). xShadowBlitzx got murdered when he left the tent. The spy had to be in the same tent to know the exact time of xShadowBlitzx's leaving. He also needed a way to pass by Shadow Gilgamesh who was outside standing watch. Does it ring a bell now? The spy's special ability was teleportation. He teleported past Shadow Gilgamesh, found xShadowBlitzx and murdered him. I also made it clear on a few occassions that the ability is limited to one use every two days. One such occassion was this:

Shadow Gilgamesh: Let's find xShadowBlitzx.

Spy: *hears voices* This couldn't be any better. I was already wondering how to get back.

Unfortunately I made one big mistake in this round (Shadow Gilgamesh was quick to notice it). I let stuart leave the tent after the murder, which significantly reduced the number of possible spies. The only hint should've been that the spy had to know when xShadowBlitzx leaves the tent (alongside the little hint about the color). My apologies to Zodiac Killer 99 for this.

Round 2

Ultima: No way we're gonna find wood for our campfire in this humidity.
Spy: *repeated sigh* Whew... *exhausted* Being able to use my ability only every other day is crippling.
Ultima: Someone there?
*A splash is heard. Silence follows.*

Another hint towards the limits of the special ability. The spy had to run towards Ultima's location (don't ask how he knew where Ultima was ::)). The sighs and the fact that he was exhausted were a pretty clear hint that he had to run. Running also carries the risk of being detected. The spy had to pass through an empty area. The only such area was "The Highlands" (check the map of Tchita Uplands). This reduces the number of possible spies.

I'll return to this after clearing up some aspects of round 1.

Round 1

Spy: My special ability really makes life easier.
rsslayersr: *gets startled* When did you come?
Spy: My special ability really makes death easier.
rsslayersr: You are here to hunt the Thalassinon too?
Spy: If only...

Vague, but reduces the number of people who could be spies to just four. The first line, where the spy makes a comment about his ability making life easier, refers to an event that happened minutes before. The spy was one of the people attacked by Skullash and he used his ability to save his life. The spy's next line obviously means that his special ability makes killing off citizens a lot easier.

If you figured out what the special ability is at this point, then you were pretty close to catching the spy. Four people to choose from: xShadowBlitzx, Zodiac Killer 99, angel and Shadow Gilgamesh. Shadow Gilgamesh was too obvious, that leaves us with three people. Angel got voted off at the beginning, so in round 2 it could be either Zodiac Killer 99 or xShadowBlitzx.

Let's get back to the events of Round 2. As stated, the spy had to run. xShadowBlitzx was further in Fields of Eternity than Zodiac Killer 99. If he was the spy, he'd have to run past Zodiac Killer 99. That means it could've only been one person. In other words, had you figured out the hint you could've caught the spy after round 2. It was a bit funny how I mislead everyone with the water theme, but it was even more funny how Oniangel managed to connect that somehow to Zodiac Killer 99, the spy. Tough luck.

I know that the hints in the first two rounds were pretty vague and perhaps hard to figure out. Round 3 was the last one where I'd give a hint and it was a real give-away. The spy passing unnoticed by Shadow Gilgamesh could really only mean that the ability is teleportation. I hope you citizens will think harder in the next game. ;)

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

angel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
Re: Ivalice Spy XX - [ Game Completed! ]
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2011, 12:08:35 AM »
chaos thats frickin marvelous  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   reading the same story but from a different angle ...fabulous fabulus

I didn't guess about the special power ...and am now wondering if everyone knew but me hahahahaha

There is no such thing as a bad elf ...