Author Topic: Anyone else notice the symbol on the Genji Shield?  (Read 4273 times)

chaosblade02

• Moppet

• View Profile
Anyone else notice the symbol on the Genji Shield?
« on: February 15, 2012, 12:09:50 PM »
I never really payed attention to it until I zoomed in sorta close, its a swastika.  What was Square Enix thinking?

jake1456

• Paragon of Justice
  • Mood: Hungry Hungry

• View Profile
Re: Anyone else notice the symbol on the Genji Shield?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 12:11:42 PM »
can you show a picture

insanity isn't gained you are born with it

Zeikuu

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Puts the Pro in Procrastination
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 12:13:53 PM »

Not really.

Incase the picture doesn't work, http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Genji_Equipment

chaosblade02

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 12:17:46 PM »
It does look like a swastika. 

jake1456

• Paragon of Justice
  • Mood: Hungry Hungry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 12:21:37 PM »
it doesn't

insanity isn't gained you are born with it

Metal Chocobo

• Vanguard
  • Pushing buttons since 1991
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 12:23:28 PM »
It is a swastika.

The Swastika is an ancient religious symbol used in several cultures, Hitler just hijacked it and rotated it slightly. He had a thing for spiritual symbols and mythology.

Push the button. That's why it's there. If it wasn't meant to be pushed, it wouldn't be a button.

chaosblade02

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 12:30:25 PM »
It is a swastika.

The Swastika is an ancient religious symbol used in several cultures, Hitler just hijacked it and rotated it slightly. He had a thing for spiritual symbols and mythology.

I'm aware of that, supposedly it can be traced back to ancient India as its origin.  But still you figure they would have put better thought into putting that on a shield.  I'm sure few people even noticed, I've been playing this game since it first came out and just now noticed it.

Metal Chocobo

• Vanguard
  • Pushing buttons since 1991
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 12:58:07 PM »
You're right, they probably should have put more thought into it, but I am kind of glad they didn't. The symbol has been bloodied and forced into accepting a whole new meaning. It's nice to see it used without any kind of Nazi meaning behind it.

Push the button. That's why it's there. If it wasn't meant to be pushed, it wouldn't be a button.

Yuichan

• Rear Guard
  • °_°
  • Mood: Mischievous Mischievous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 03:56:28 PM »
i got to say, that this thread makes me be happy. i am happy there are still people that know the actual meaning of the swastika, it being a religious symbol, not just the sign of Hitler. Me as a german,i am glad that people dont forget it.

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 04:55:10 PM »
I'm aware of that, supposedly it can be traced back to ancient India as its origin.  But still you figure they would have put better thought into putting that on a shield.  I'm sure few people even noticed, I've been playing this game since it first came out and just now noticed it.
Nahh they shouldn't need to put any thoughts behind it. That symbol only means what you want for it to mean, if that symbol reminds you of the Nazi then you're probably 70+ years old and lived through those terrible times. If you aren't 70+ then you'll need to let the past be for what it is and start living back in the future.

Me as a german,i am glad that people dont forget it.
Forget what?? that the germans where particulairy interested in the dutch bicycles :P

Yuichan

• Rear Guard
  • °_°

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 06:28:58 PM »
Forget what?? that the germans where particulairy interested in the dutch bicycles :P
I am glad that there are people thinking a rational way. I still experience people thinking of us as "people with infested minds from the 1940s"

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 06:39:30 PM »
I am glad that there are people thinking a rational way. I still experience people thinking of us as "people with infested minds from the 1940s"
We'll there are enough Dutch people who still have a grudge against Germany (especially during the soccer seasons), but in the end the Dutch economy would be nowhere if it wheren't for Germany. Besides its been 70 years now, its not like the current generation hasn't learned a single thing.

Yuichan

• Rear Guard
  • °_°

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 06:40:15 PM »
We'll there are enough Dutch people who still have a grudge against Germany (especially during the soccer seasons), but in the end the Dutch economy would be nowhere if it wheren't for Germany. Besides its been 70 years now, its not like the current generation hasn't learned a single thing.
i know, but there is still enough people that i encounter at least one every week, which is :(

CVL14558

• Rear Guard
  • oh yeah, i've got all trophies on xiii. 4-10-2012
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 11:19:20 PM »
i've always thought it looked more like a ninja star

People wanna believe that they can do anything. The believe this because it gives them hope. If you have hope you have something you can aspire to become and, eventually, through hard work and determination, you can and will become that thing you've always dreamed you could be. ~Me
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. ~Vince Lombardi

DivineShrinkwrap

• Moppet
  • Mood: Content Content

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 08:43:54 AM »
Imagine 4 dots on inside corners around middle and see it as sanskrit for prosperity. Might help lol