Author Topic: Ivalice Spy XXIII - [ Game Completed! ]  (Read 17089 times)

rsslayersr

• Order of Ambrosia
  • The Cake is a Lie
  • Mood: Depressed Depressed

• View Profile
Re: Ivalice Spy XXIII - [Game Ongoing]
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2012, 07:50:59 AM »
SG.. Couldn't you wait for the next round, as soon as the voting began? ...Ah, well.. Should we vote now?

You can call that vote anytime you want.

But.

We need a second one that backs Shadow up. Kainy, are you that one? ::)

I feel sad :(

You might not know this, but Mytthal has a soft spot for cake. He likes to lurk around West and steal Apple Pie from the Cooking Guild.
An Apple a day keeps the Guildmaster away!

KainCrow

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Kain the Crow of Crow Valley!
  • Mood: Embarrassed Embarrassed

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2012, 07:58:09 AM »
Nah, was just wondering about timing.. I want Chaos to post first, but... *shrugs off* whatever.. Wasn't supporting, just wondering.

Kain the Crow of the Crow Valley, Mischievous and Unpredictable D.S.
By the way, who know the relationship b/w a fox and a crow?

rsslayersr

• Order of Ambrosia
  • The Cake is a Lie
  • Mood: Depressed Depressed

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2012, 08:01:13 AM »
That's okay then. :-[
Wonder as much as you like :-[ :-[ ;)

You might not know this, but Mytthal has a soft spot for cake. He likes to lurk around West and steal Apple Pie from the Cooking Guild.
An Apple a day keeps the Guildmaster away!

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2012, 08:21:03 AM »
well, the next round is the last probably as mega + new spy victim will mean only 4 left, but it's not a big deal I guess.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 08:32:40 AM by Shadow Gilgamesh »

jake1456

• Paragon of Justice
  • Mood: Hungry Hungry

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2012, 10:51:32 AM »
its not often that rs needs to decide who dies

insanity isn't gained you are born with it

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Necessity is the oasis of true strength
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2012, 12:48:08 PM »
I don't think it's possible to have a vote of no confidence. And I don't just say that because my ass may be on the line. ;D

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Whisperer: Sometimes there is a very good reason to fear the dark.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2012, 01:07:00 PM »
There won't be a voting.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

CVL14558

• Rear Guard
  • oh yeah, i've got all trophies on xiii. 4-10-2012
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2012, 02:27:53 PM »
*flits in from the ether*
*floats around*
SG is just holding onto that nice belief that after each mayoral vote, we need a new mayor. i mean, i was gonna be voted out of being mayor until all yoo guyz voted me as the spy XD
*floats back to the ghost bar*

People wanna believe that they can do anything. The believe this because it gives them hope. If you have hope you have something you can aspire to become and, eventually, through hard work and determination, you can and will become that thing you've always dreamed you could be. ~Me
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. ~Vince Lombardi

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2012, 10:04:35 PM »
Sochen Cave Palace - Skybent Chamber

rsslayersr: If no one is willing to do it, then I'll do it myself. *draws his weapon and cuts MegaFun's head off*
Shadow Gilgamesh: We can't wait for someone to open the gate, we have to try to find another exit.
angel: I should've never come with you...
Ultima: No time for crying now, let's go.
KainCrow: It seems all the Giants are gone now. Someone must've really hated them.
Ultima: No wonder...

After a day's march, the citizens reach the Falls of Time. Their food and water supplies are scarce, the limbs numb.

KainCrow: I can't walk no more...
angel: Let's rest here.
rsslayersr: Look, there's water. I'll go fill the flasks. *leaves*
Ultima: *after a few moments* I'll go down to the water, too.

Ultima walks down to the water. A few minutes later, Shadow Gilgamesh silently moves close to him and rsslayersr.

Shadow Gilgamesh: *thinking* It is one of you. I am sure of it.

rsslayersr: *to Ultima* Thirsty too?
Ultima: You can say that loud.
rsslayersr: I'll fill you a flask.

rsslayersr leans towards the water. Ultima uses the moment to draw a knife and slices his throat. rsslayersr's body falls forward, into the water stream. A red line marks the path the water has taken him along. Shadow Gilgamesh slowly approaches the murderer.

Ultima: No one will ever find you. Only three more to go and they still don't know it's me. *grins*
Shadow Gilgamesh: I wouldn't be so calm if I were you.
Ultima: Huh?
Shadow Gilgamesh: I knew it from the beginning, but fortunately for you, I was alone.
Ultima: Nice that you've come to meet your end. Saves me some trouble.
Shadow Gilgamesh: It will be your end.
Ultima: You wish. Let's make this quick. *drops his knife and draws a sword*

Ultima charges against Shadow Gilgamesh, holding his sword high in the air. Little did he know of his enemy's powers. Shadow Gilgamesh lifts his hands up and starts casting a destructive spell. The surrounding turns black and a huge purplish orb appears near Ultima. The orb starts getting bigger in size, ultimately exploding, destroying everything in its vicinity. Apparently this highly destructive spell's name is Ultima. And so ends the killing spree of the Archadian poor soul, whose name also appears to be Ultima. His motives remaing unclear up to this day. Rumor says he hated the Archadians for having a carefree life and using their Gil irrationally, while death through starvation was a part of everyday life in Old Archades. KainCrow, a long time friend of Ultima, confirms those rumors to some extent.

Part of the cave collapses after Shadow Gilgamesh's spell. KainCrow and angel rush to see what happened.

Shadow Gilgamesh: The spy's days are over.
KainCrow: What do you mean.
Shadow Gilgamesh: Ultima was the killer. He took rsslayersr's life in front of my very own eyes.
angel: Poor rsslayersr... But... what was this explosion.
Shadow Gilgamesh: Eh... After he killed rsslayersr he drew the attention of some beast. An inhabitant of this cave. Seems messing with the beast wasn't a good idea. I'm kinda sorry for the beast now. Losing its life on that murderer...
KainCrow: But what do we do now?
Shadow Gilgamesh: We have to move one, I think the exit is this way.

The three surviving citizens make their way towards the exit. Some hunters inside the Phon Coast camp claim three visitors came to the camp. They were at the end of their powers. One of them collapsed right after making it to the camp. The condition of the other two wasn't much better, either. However, with the hunter's help, they quickly recovered and left in an unkown direction. It is believed those three travelers were none other than Shadow Gilgamesh, Kain Crow and angel. Their future travels remain unwritten in the book of history.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Re: Ivalice Spy XXIII - [ Game Completed! ]
« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2012, 08:40:12 PM »
Time to reveal the clues.

Round 1

*While walking through the passage, Zeikuu bumps into a stranger.*
Zeikuu: Careful, you piece of filth.

This line made it obvious that the spy can't be one of the seven Giants. In fact, it sounded like it's someone from Old Archades. What better hint? The knife Zeikuu was murdered with was taken from Shadow Gilgamesh's weapon box which can be concluded after reading the second part of the story.

I'll elaborate some extra lines:

Da_Cloud: Where'd you get those fancy clothes?
KainCrow: I helped a woman find her cat and she gave me 20000 Gil in return and promised she wouldn't say she had ever seen me.
jake1456: You've got nice clothes as well. Stole them?
Da_Cloud: No, I traded them for the bunch of towels I was dressed in.
Ultima: Hehe... That makes three of us.
jake1456: How do you know I traded mine, too?

NPC: THIEF!!!
jake1456: Oh *wark*. *runs off*

KainCrow: He'll never change.

The people of Archades are rich. In the game, during the chops quest, one of the NPCs says that his cousin has broken some laboratory equipment. He says he doesn't understand his cousin's worry since it costs only 1 million Gil. Having this and some other lines in mind, it's no wonder someone would give out 20000 Gil for finding a cat. Da_Cloud's line shouldn't have been understood literally. If you read the quoted lines again, you'll notice that he was being sarcastic and that he stoles the clothes.

Round 2

bunny fran: There's a dagger missing... I am so not gonna pay full price. No... I won't pay at all. *takes the box*

Shadow Gilgamesh and bunny fran made some business. Since Ultima stole a dagger from the box, the business went kinda wrong...

The documents the Giants were talking about were some important paper. Politics... The more you know, the more power you have.

*Inside a room*
???: This is some nice sword. I'm sure it'll fetch a good price at the market. These are tons of paper... Wonder what they're for.
stuart: Hey, who are you?
???: Er... you've never seen me!
stuart: Guards!
???: No! *stabs stuart with the sword and flees*

A Giant surely doesn't need to sell some sword to earn money. The spy not knowing anything about the papers means that it can't be a Giant. stuart entered the room at the wrong moment and had to be killed.

Imperial: I've found another one, Gil is literally flowing from his pockets. *drags Shadow Gilgamesh*

Well... he did what he said.

Round 3

*A hallway inside the HQ*
Cleaner: So much junk. Only their junk is giant, nothing else... Hmm... What's this, a mask. Whose blood could this be.

stuart didn't recognize the spy, meaning it couldn't be a Giant (yes, same clue again). That why I created this false hint to frame somebody and help the spy out a bit. It was my fault that I wasn't being careful with the real clues and made it a bit too obvious.

*Depths of Archades*
???: It must be here somewhere... Ah, there she is. And there's her arm. And a leg. The fall must've hurt, hehehe. I think I should repair her.
*A beam of light is seen from the lower levels of Archades. KainCrow awakens. Besides her is a pouch and a message. It reads: Here is one million Gil. Take the cab to Tsenoble.*

The wizard in action.

*At the entrance to the HQ.*
Ultima: No! *draws a dagger and injures an Imperial* Run inside!

Another stolen weapon. It's of no importance now, but it'll be a hint later.

Round 4

Ultima: So you really remember nothing after you fell?
KainCrow: Not a thing...
Shadow Gilgamesh: Some magic was at work...

A vague clue that Shadow Gilgamesh is the wizard.

Imperial: His entire body is stiff. It seems he was strangled.

You could say I watch too much Detective Conan. A few hours after death, the corpse gets all stiff. Look who doesn't have an alibi for the afternoon.

Round 5

*The citizens gather at the entrance.*
Shadow Gilgamesh: *sees a blade at the ground* Hmm... isn't that one of mine. These amateurs.

The blade Ultima used to injure a guard in Round 3.

Oniangel: No... throughout my whole life I felt like I need to protect people.

He was the Guardian Angel.