Author Topic: FFXIV launches 2 new campaigns  (Read 2848 times)

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
FFXIV launches 2 new campaigns
« on: April 20, 2012, 04:40:52 PM »

Square Enix is pulling all the strings to bring back the good name of FFXIV, whiles working on realising the 2.0 release. And to do so they announced 2 new campaigns. One to try and bring back old players who bailed out when the paid subscription was brought back in place and another to reward those who stayed whiles knowing they where basically paying for a "beta version".

Welcome Back Campaign
The welcome back campaigns is meant for those who have an suspended FFXIV account or in other words those who have played FFXIV, but who currently aren't paying the monthly subscription. During the release of patch 1.22 these players will be given a 10 day opportunity to play the game free of charges, showing them the many new features that where implemented since the paid subscription was put back in place.

This campaign runs from 10 May till 21 May and comes with a set of restrictions. You can only play 1 character, deleted accounts can't be returned and the account can't be used to log in on lodestone or the official forums.

Legacy Campaign
The Legacy Campaign is meant for those who've remained playing FFXIV despite the paid subscription and the announcement of FFXIV 2.0. As a thank you the players who've used a service account for a accumulative of 90 days between January 6, 2012 these players will get the status of a Legacy player. The status is a reward on itself, but along with this status comes a few nice features.

1) Legacy members will be able to play at a specially discounted subscription price post-launch of version 2.0. (See price table below).
2. Also Legacy members will receive an exclusive in-game Chocobo mount designed by Akihiko Yoshida.
3) And last but not least, Legacy members can request that there name is displayed on the 2.0 credits.

Membership Tiers            Price                     Billing Cycle            Max Playable Characters per World              Max Playable Characters Total             
Legacy£6.89 / €9.99*30 Days840
Entry£7.69 / €10.99*30 Days18
Standard£8.99 / €12.99*30 Days840
*Prices can be changed based on the exchange rate of the given currency.
** Note: Pricing for other features, including longer billing cycles and Retainer Characters, have not yet been decided.

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
Re: FFXIV launches 2 new campaigns
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 09:39:43 PM »
Well you lucky SOB, now he has 2 chocobo's to show off. ;D

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Necessity is the oasis of true strength
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 10:04:13 PM »
Right, anyone who plays this came, can you inform me of how good it actually is and what single player FF it's most comparable with. I may be able to put up with the monthly fees if there is a large enough FFT community on it.

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Whisperer: Sometimes there is a very good reason to fear the dark.

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 10:06:25 PM »
I'm sure Yoshida and his team did an amazing job at turning this game around. Hopefully by the time FFXIV 2.0 comes around, it breathes new life into this game.

But overall, I'm really happy at Yoshida's work with this game. He really turned things around after this game's rocky launch.

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 10:12:34 PM »
Agreed. Yoshida's team seems to have been doing a great work towards what it seemed an impossible or difficult recovery for this game. He's easily risen to one of my favorite devs at Square just for his tremendous work with this game.

I kind of there was a free trial  to attract new players, because this seems to only be for people who played FFXIV, but I imagine they aren't going to do that until the 2.0 Beta hits.

Otherwise, it looks like FFXIV has a bright future ahead of it.

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 11:15:29 PM »
I was planning on ordering a new pc this month to play this game, but since i am building it myself i need some parts which are currently sold out :'( Gotta wait another month before i can play it.

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 02:42:09 PM »
Right, anyone who plays this came, can you inform me of how good it actually is and what single player FF it's most comparable with. I may be able to put up with the monthly fees if there is a large enough FFT community on it.
Its hard to compare it with other FF's. Though look at it mainly a "cross" job based system. You have individual jobs which you have to level individually, you can switch between jobs on the fly by changing your gear and doing so will instantly change your stats and abilities. You are however allowed to use certain abilities from other classes to kinda mix and match your trade. There are currently 3 different disciplines.
Discipline of War & Magic => Used to battle. (officially war and magic are different trades)
Discipline of Hand => Used to synthesis items.
Discipline of the Land => Used to gather items needed to synthesis.

The main story can be perfectly soloed, as well as most of the early game content. Upon reaching level 30 the content gets more group based however requiring groups variation from 4 to 8 people. And yes 8 is also the current group cap.

Main complains about the current players (found on the forum) are:
- A lack of continues content => The 2 monthly update isn't providing enough content to keep the hardcore base active. Though for new players and or casual players the amount of content should be enough to get going.
- A lack of variation in content => This is kinda an older complain as with the companion quests, "boss" battles, monster dens and upcoming hamlet defence should provide some variation.
- Lack of Player VS Player content => I believe this is coming with 2.0 though.
- Repetitive maps => Again improved maps are coming with 2.0.
- The interface => This is kinda double. First of all the battle interface could use an revamp to boost it up which is coming with 2.0. The other big complain is the lag in the menu which is caused duo to the menu being on the server. This later you'll however have to deal with as Square wants to keep it on the server to prevent hacking.
- Lack of an big market place => Current system is more a real life market where you'll have to pass multiple stores before you'll find what you want. Don't know when the new one is coming, but its probably scheduled for 2.0.
- Lack of a good search features => Don't know if this is part of the fanbase itself or square though. Square did implement a better system, though I got the feeling the players just isn't using it. And if nobody uses the search feature it isn't much of a surprise that you can't find people as well :P
- Problems in Uldah => 80% of the server hangs out in this place to make it easier to find people. However after the server merge problem began to arrive duo to the massive load these people brought onto the area. This is again more the player themselves than purely Square.
- Difficulty level => Also I've heard complains about the low difficulty level of the game itself. But personally I would say this is more a general problem for the entire gaming industry than FFXIV itself. Could also be that most new content starts off for people of lvl 30 wheras the most current players already have lvl 50 jobs ::)

My personal big complain is mainly the lacking of companions. Farming exp would be so much more fun to do with others, where I'm basically just playing all on my own right now. So yea if people would love to pick up the game with 2.0 it would definitely be more fun already.

As far as I know those where the main complains, but don't take everything to seriously. The game itself is really good and you all know the fanbase of Final Fantasy is hard to please as there's always a branch that hates everything about the game because it isn't like <<<fill in a random Final Fantasy game>>>. The same goes with FFXIV, one of the main topics on the official forums is whether this game should remain FFXIV or if they should work more towards an FFXI 2.0 instead.

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Necessity is the oasis of true strength

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 03:13:53 PM »
Sounds pretty original for Square in some respects. I'll consider it but I'm pretty busy for a while to come.

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Whisperer: Sometimes there is a very good reason to fear the dark.

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 12:20:25 PM »
If more people pick it up its definitely worth playing, besides if you've got issues with the game which are logical. Square actually listens to requests on the official forums. So if enough people stand behind your idea Square will actually do something with it (within boundaries of course).

Only 1 advise be sure to test your pc beforehand though, as its quite the heavy game. But if you also play Skyrim on pc it shouldn't be much problem.

Well you lucky SOB, now he has 2 chocobo's to show off. ;D
Actually I haven't passed the 90 days yet. I've already paid for the 3th segment of 30 days so its just a mather of waiting before I pass the requirements ;D Also just playing FFXIV 1.0 has a few advantages of itself, right now is the only time where you can play the 6th era (FFXIV will start with the 7th era). And there are a few 1.0 only items which you can only obtain before the 2.0 release. Those things are just purely graphical though like the seasonal event items for example.

Update:
On the official forums one of the employees made a post to clarify a few questions people had, some of which I found quite interesting to post for you guys as well.

1) The 90 days required for the Legacy campaign don't have to be right after each other, all you need to get are a total of 90 days before the 2.0 beta starts. So if you pay for 30 days have a break and then pay for 60 days you'll still qualify.

2) Square Enix will announce (don't know how) after which date it becomes impossible for new players to qualify for the Legacy campaign. Yes this means if you start today you'll still be able to qualify for this campaign.

3) The chocobo mount will become an in depend mount. In 2.0 the chocobo system will change a bit in that people can get more than 1 chocobo at once. The special mount will however not have better specs than the other chocobo's.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/newsletter/1205en_gb/index.html

I'm now officially an FFXIV Legacy memeber ;D

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 02:45:31 PM »
congratulations, so when do you get your new mount?