Poll

Who will send you to the game over screen first this week?

Behemoth - Final Fantasy
10 (55.6%)
Malboro - Final Fantasy
8 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: May 04, 2012, 07:16:48 PM

Author Topic: Behemoth's vs Malboro's  (Read 2536 times)

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
Behemoth's vs Malboro's
« on: April 27, 2012, 07:16:48 PM »
Both have been known as some of the most powerful monsters in the series that you encounter towards the end-game. The Behemoth hurls Meteors at you when it dies, while the Malboro breathes on you as you curse at the screen because you're own characters are killing each other!

Which one will send you to the Game Over screen first?

vs

Voting Ends May 4th!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 07:12:21 PM by Spee »

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
Re: This Week's Duel! - Behemoth's vs Malboro's
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 07:28:20 PM »
Behemoth's, because they're cooler. Seriously, I don't have any other reason to vote for them. ::) Malboro's just remind me of smokers which I hate.

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 07:46:31 PM »
In terms of creating one of the ultimate random encounters Malboro win the game. Nothing beats more than seeing your own characters kill each other ;D

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 08:02:56 PM »
I don't like either, but I voted for Behemoth for the same reason as Ally. The reason why I don't like either of the two is... well, you can guess.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Metal Chocobo

• Vanguard
  • Pushing buttons since 1991
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 10:21:03 PM »
I vote Malboro, few monsters make my heart sink quite so far. Nothing crushes your spirit like, "Hey, you've leveled up a few times while you were grinding out here, now watch how those levels make it easier for your team mates to kill each other. You should have saved."

That and design, I see a Behemoth and think, "That is awesome." then I remember it's going to kill me. The Malboro looks like it crawled out a Lovecraft novel. I immediately know it's going to kill me, don't think of anything else.

Push the button. That's why it's there. If it wasn't meant to be pushed, it wouldn't be a button.

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 10:30:57 PM »
I vote Malboro, few monsters make my heart sink quite so far. Nothing crushes your spirit like, "Hey, you've leveled up a few times while you were grinding out here, now watch how those levels make it easier for your team mates to kill each other. You should have saved."
Omega Ruins in a nutshell? I still question how you can be ambushed by something that big, and judging by it's breath, extremely putrid too.

I gave my vote to the Behemoth's though. Just because FFX's incarnation of the Malboro made me hate, yet fear them, with a passion.

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 10:37:14 PM »
It's because their ninjas! Very evil, and extremely stinky and in desperate need of a tic tac, ninjas.

jake1456

• Paragon of Justice
  • Mood: Hungry Hungry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 01:20:04 AM »
malboro as it kills it easy even when your characters are strong enough to kill it quick

insanity isn't gained you are born with it

CVL14558

• Rear Guard
  • oh yeah, i've got all trophies on xiii. 4-10-2012
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 11:40:34 PM »
Malboro because they're the monsters that require more preparation.

Behemoths (all kinds) are straightforward "Attack-Quick-Defend-Big" battles where you just hit them as hard as you can while keeping their damage to you to a minimum

Malboros need more strategy because sometimes you have to guard against just a few status ailments (through the use of accessories, status def-junctions, equipment abilities, and materia junctions) or (if you're lucky) guard against all the ailments (through the use of the Ribbon Accessory, junction ability, or materia junction [specifically Added Effect-Hades which only does most but block the main ones])

More to the point, Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy X have this nasty habit of letting the Malboro start off first using it's Bad Breath attack.

Throughout most of the series (specifically the 8-16 bit 2D games) the only thing you need to worry about when facing Behemoths are their Death-strike move Meteo(r). They do this also on the X and X-2 (i think either with Meteor or Ultima depending on which you face) but on most of the other 3D games, they don't use that particular Final Attack (to crystalize a materia lol [aka to coin a phrase but i wanted to be funny])

Well, I've said my piece XD FINAL FANTASY FTW

People wanna believe that they can do anything. The believe this because it gives them hope. If you have hope you have something you can aspire to become and, eventually, through hard work and determination, you can and will become that thing you've always dreamed you could be. ~Me
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. ~Vince Lombardi

stuart

• Brave Companion
  • daddy loves you pumpkin
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 10:37:43 AM »
Malboro for the Bad Breath special attack

William Karl Pearse my little boy sucking his thumb!

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 10:45:52 AM »
Behemoth is stronger so i choose him

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.