Author Topic: Why some Anime Series Never Finish  (Read 3017 times)

stuart

• Brave Companion
  • daddy loves you pumpkin
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
Why some Anime Series Never Finish
« on: June 01, 2012, 12:38:48 PM »
Right many of you may know the answer to this but it is starting to get annoying when I am watching anime that it never finishes.

many of the anime series that I have been watching such as Tenjho Tenge never finish.

Post you anime series that stop dead just as they get interesting!!!!!!

William Karl Pearse my little boy sucking his thumb!

rsslayersr

• Order of Ambrosia
  • The Cake is a Lie
  • Mood: Depressed Depressed

• View Profile
Re: Why some Anime Series Never Finish
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 12:43:26 PM »
I want to give the simple answer.. Money

They're running out of them, ideas won't compute with the story..
Maybe the team gets interesten in another project.

You might not know this, but Mytthal has a soft spot for cake. He likes to lurk around West and steal Apple Pie from the Cooking Guild.
An Apple a day keeps the Guildmaster away!

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 04:22:51 PM »
rs's simple answer is correct, but I'll extrapolate it a bit

It has to do how the TV cycle works in Japan, most shows only get one or two seasons of episodes (~13 or ~26) which is usually far too short for shounen anime to complete a story(FMA Brotherhood took ~60 eps, D.Greyman had 104 and STILL didn't finish, etc.) But later, if sales of DVDs and Blu-rays were good they could get sequel series, if not, then not, and it's far less likely for a 26 episoder to have great sales because those DVDs/Blu-rays don't come in series, they come out with 2-3 episodes so it starts to add up fast.

As for why some have awkward stopping places, it has to do with original material, to use your example of Tenjho Tenge, the anime was in 2004, but the manga went on until 2010, so there was no ending to speak of, so at the end of it's 24 episodes it got an awkward finish and then sales were poor so no sequel happened.

stuart

• Brave Companion
  • daddy loves you pumpkin
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 05:22:49 PM »
It just seems to be a large number of anime shows that run for that said 13-26 episodes and then just go dead. It just got me irate that so many of the ones that I like to watch just come to a complete and utter stop. Thanks for clearing that up.

Would be nice if Tenjho Tenge actually finished off the story arcs both in the manga and the anime as it was just starting to heat up when the two OVA episodes were aired.

William Karl Pearse my little boy sucking his thumb!