Author Topic: Total play times?  (Read 3074 times)

SwordStealer

• Knight of the Round
  • "I'm going to punch the donuts out of your hair."

• View Profile
Total play times?
« on: June 02, 2012, 08:25:56 PM »
Just wondering how many hours people have invested in Final Fantasy XII.
I have like, oh I dunno, like 180 hours or something. :P

wee187 is my twin from across the country!

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Re: Total play times?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 09:15:36 PM »
First playthrough - about 210; got Order of Ambrosia
Second playthrough - about 160 hours; perfect file, I have one of every item and Order of Ambrosia
IZJS - about 100 hours, beat the game and beat all the hunts, also got everyone to lv99; I am not sure if I've got OoA on this file, probably not

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

stuart

• Brave Companion
  • daddy loves you pumpkin
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 11:29:16 AM »
I think around 140 hours and that is still not Order of Ambrosia but all Items bar the darkblade. All characters are level 99 bar Fran

William Karl Pearse my little boy sucking his thumb!

kokushishin

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 09:18:48 PM »

"Main" file is 190some, but I have several more at different spots.  Altogether it's more like 500 hours.

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 10:46:58 PM »
The highest I've ever gone is somewhere in the upper 100s of hours. Once I've done everything, it gets a little boring to dwell over the same file or redo certain things over and over, so I start a new one. I know I have at least 6-7 separate game files that have all broken 100 hours.

That's for regular. For IZJS, I've done 5 "main" playthroughs. My initial one, my first strong mode one, the file I got the Seitengrate on, my practice LP file, and my actual LP file.

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 11:57:04 AM »
My highest time on a single file is about 180 hours, still need to get Order of Ambrosia though. Never been one to do the same thing over and over again. Rather start a new game and try something different.

Total time spend of FFXII would probably reach the 600+ hours. Making it the second most played FF, first would still be FFX ;D

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 06:48:35 PM »
First playthrough (a file which I still have) took about two hundred hours to "complete" everything. By complete, I don't mean a perfect game file because doing something like that would make me lose my sanity. I have Order of Ambrosia on this file.

Most of this playthrough consisted of mucking around the Feywood looking for that damned Behemoth King because I didn't know the spawn conditions at the time. It still annoys me having to search for it to this day.

It was also spent searching every nook and cranny in the Great Crystal. Most of my playthroughs these days through this game take around 50 - 60 hours.

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 06:51:41 PM »
My first playthrough took me well over 150 hours, I forgot the exact number but I do remember that I got rid of it after Omega Mark XII.

I have a story only file that took about 35 hours, and most subsequent playthroughs take me well over 100 if I do all the sidequests.

Laracroftfan

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 12:38:35 PM »
  Been a while on this site but very happy that people are still playing this great game. In light of the fact that I have stated on a previous thread that I obtained 99 of every possible loot item it may not be any surprise that my last main game file exceeded 1000 hours. In total over other playthroughs it is closer to 3000 hours. Enjoy!

rsslayersr

• Order of Ambrosia
  • The Cake is a Lie
  • Mood: Depressed Depressed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 01:21:30 PM »
That equels.. years :o

You might not know this, but Mytthal has a soft spot for cake. He likes to lurk around West and steal Apple Pie from the Cooking Guild.
An Apple a day keeps the Guildmaster away!

yunta_gohan

• Moppet
  • Mood: Okay Okay

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 12:17:42 AM »
1000 +  ;D

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 09:00:34 AM »
1000 +  ;D

This.

If I combine all my files I've ever put ever into into this game, including IZJS, then I definitely have well over 1000 in this game.

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D