Author Topic: Yiazmat  (Read 5123 times)

YRPunit

• Hedge Knight
  • Sarah Grace Valerio
  • Mood: Sick Sick

• View Profile
Yiazmat
« on: August 25, 2012, 12:23:12 AM »
I felt all the other topics on Yiazmat were too old, and I've always wanted to make a topic of my own.  ;D So here goes~!

I've done everything but killed Yiazmat, gotten Zodiac Spear and Brave Suit.

But don't worry about the 2 latter. I just wanted to get your advice on Yiazmat and ways of making the battle shorter. Preferably, gambits and equipment setup.

I once saw a video about a behind the wall glitch that if your party leader hides behind a wall beside a stairway at the exact moment his left leg is by the entrance, you can just stand there healing your people while they go off to fight him. Alas, I cannot find the video at the moment because my bookmarks are not on this computer. I have tried this strategy a couple times but was too hard to get his leg in the right position. Are there are other points of stasis like this that you've found or seen?

Don't act like you give a f*ck about me. I just want to kill myself anyway.

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
Re: Yiazmat
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 12:49:19 AM »
I always use the same method when I beat yiazmat and it's very non-expert and fairly long-winded (though not too bad). Gambit set up is:

Ally: Any ---> Arise
Ally: Basch ---> Reverse
Ally: Basch ---> Decoy
Foe: Any ---> Attack

I have Basch as the main damage dealer (equipped with a yagyu darkblade) and then usually Penelo and Ashe as the other two. Basch runs in to get rid of the traps, his gambits are slightly different:

Self ---> Reverse
Self ---> Decoy
Self ---> Beserk

And I'll generally run out a few times in the fight to save... I have white masks equipped (iirc though it could be golden skullcaps) and Ashe and Penelo have lesser ninja swords as I can't be bothered farming bombshell for more than 1 yagyu darkblade. I'll use expose on Yiazmat too a few times at the beginning of the fight and every time I go in. They all have bubble belts equipped too.
It would probably be a lot quicker if I worked it so Basch was always at critical HP so was doing longer combos, but I always mess that up so just don't bother xD They all also have Brave Suits on, though I sometimes change that for Maximillians (spelling). Switch on Windbreakers when I see he's readying Cyclone if I have time. Keep the battle charge on highest if you don't normally as Yiazmat's CC is 0, so having it lower only affects you.

The strategy is very sub-optimal but it gets the job done generally in 2-3 hours. Good luck :)

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 12:49:52 AM »
No fun abusing bugs.

Just use Masamune + Genji Gloves on one character, some dark ninja blade (preferably Yagyu Darkblade) on another and have those two characters berserked. Use the third character to heal. It's good if you use Decoy on one of the attackers, you don't want the healer to die. For the last 10 bars don't use any buffs (a character will die before you manage to buff him/her). Just Arise and heal. Use Bubble Belts. If all goes wrong you can try to Decoy + Reverse one character.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 12:53:32 AM »
Oh yeah, chaos is right about the genji gloves + masamune thing being vital, I can't believe I forgot that :/

YRPunit

• Hedge Knight
  • Sarah Grace Valerio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 12:56:55 AM »
Uggh. I've been trying for a second Yagyu. Is it true that the zone out glitch before the xp lp thing works for Bombshell?

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 01:18:33 AM »
I'm pretty sure it works only with enemies that can teleport (Dustia, Helvinek, all the Mistmare/Nightmare enemies).

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 01:19:52 AM »
It should work with any monster that have the exp appearing delayed.

Though you'll need to kite it really near the exit.

Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 01:21:55 AM »
I'm pretty sure I've tried it on Bombshell and it didn't work. But it's been over a year since I did it, so I may be wrong.

YRPunit

• Hedge Knight
  • Sarah Grace Valerio

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 01:24:25 AM »
Oni, I'm not sure if Bombshell's would be considered delayed.

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 02:55:08 AM »
When you kill it you have enough time to exit an area before it appear. I did try it but ended up going the good old way: farming.

As for Yiazmat the best Equip is: 2x Yagyu Darkblade and 1x Fomalhaut with Dark Shot.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 02:58:02 AM by Oniangel »

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 11:09:02 AM »
Why Fomalhaut? Guns are incredibly slow and can't combo. Masamune + Genji Gloves will deal much more damage.

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 04:04:57 PM »
Because the Fomalhaut has way more sustained damage than the Masamune due to the Ignore Defense and because the katana DMG formula take in count both the STR and MAG reducing the damage overall and further reduced by Yiazmat defence.

Basically you're looking at 9999 damage every hit with the Fomalhaut and with Haste you'll have no problem of speed (just don't give it to Balthier since he has the slowest animation).

With the Masamune + Genji Gloves even at level 99 if you have 99 STR and 99 MAG you won't be able to deal more than 6000~6500 damage and even though it may hit 3 or 4 times the Fomalhaut would even or outdamage it in few hits.

Also the Yagyu itself have a nice combo potential of 22% so there's no need for a Masamune which is outshined by it and doesn't even have an elemental advantage.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 04:07:54 PM »
With Bravery and Berserk, the Masamune can deal up to 9999 damage. That's what I suggest for the first 40 million HP since you won't have trouble buffing up your characters there.

YRPunit

• Hedge Knight
  • Sarah Grace Valerio

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2012, 04:16:39 PM »
I think I agree with Oni. The Fomalhaut has the elemental advantage and it has the more consistent damage. Plus, there's no guarantee that you'll be chaining often with Masamune.

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 05:33:03 PM »
With Bravery and Berserk, the Masamune can deal up to 9999 damage. That's what I suggest for the first 40 million HP since you won't have trouble buffing up your characters there.

With Berserk and Bravery you won't get 9999 damage. The max amount you'll deal is 7000~ with the Masamune.

The only scenario where the Masamune is better is: 2 characters with low Health, Berserk and Genji can combo up to 9 times easily (not always but often) but need another character that have to keep the berserk up, while healing, while keep the Decoy up, while using Reverse, while running away the whole time and you dopn't even have time to cast Bravery or Faith with the risk of running out of MP in a bad moment, losing the decoy and getting the duo killed cause of low health/ low defences caused by Berserk and need to set up everything accurately.

It is difficult to achieve but doable but it just has no sense compared to how safely and yet fast is 2x Yagyu + Fomalhaut.