Author Topic: FFTogethers summer marathon 2013  (Read 24081 times)

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
FFTogethers summer marathon 2013
« on: February 02, 2013, 01:31:26 PM »
Okay I'll think you guys know the drill by now. As every year, this year we'll also be trying to hold hour annual marathon event. This year being slightly different as its our 5 year anniversary as well, so lets try to make it a party we won't forget ;D

First lets get going with the people who would be interesting to help out. The games you guys are interested (maybe even a common theme). And so on.

The dates aren't set yet, but they will be around the summer holiday again. I'll just have to figure out the best working dates for us all. (which will probably be a date where my or sixty's house is parents free :P

My personal goal would be to have an even better opening than last year. The 3 tier semi blind speedrun was quite a lot of fun to do and for as far as I picked it up also fun to watch, so lets try to get one this year as well ;)

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Re: FFTogethers summer marathon 2013
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 02:31:11 PM »
I'll be streaming. I'll get a slight upload speed boost in one of the following months, so there shouldn't be any quality/lag issues. However, I have no idea what to stream. All the games I can think of that would fit the theme (JRPGs and some other Japanese games) are way too long to do in one sitting. Maybe I could cut it in parts.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 05:58:35 PM »
I believe that this year we where trying to get pretty much all streamers in 1 house if possible. I suggest to stream Final Fantasy games this year. We are FFTogether after all, so maybe that FF7 complete again, or just start at FF 1 and take them all.

So in my opinion the theme would be Final Fantasy. What do you guys think?

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 06:03:51 PM »
I'd take FFXII in that case. I've played a few others, but this one would probably be the easiest for me.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 06:07:53 PM »
so i assume that it would be possible for you to come to the Netherlands?

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 06:11:44 PM »
Heh, I wish.

I'll stream from my home. Or perhaps you could come to Bosnia. :P

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 06:15:20 PM »
Sixty wouldn't step 1 be to find a spot for such thing. Because that alone is already a though thing to do. Considering we are a group with young people (risk factor), don't have a huge budget and we'll need specific facilities including a strong internet connection. Unless your parents are fine with strangers camping in your house I'd say this will be the first step ::)

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 07:28:13 PM »
Every summer there are strangers in my parents house, and i haven't heard them complain yet ;D

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 09:59:13 AM »
Sixty it seems both my parents and my sister are gone on the same week. Have to figure out which week that is exactly, but that could also be our cue ;D

Also for the race, might Dirge of Cerberus be a good candidate ??
Don't know the race factor in the game, but seeming how it could be done in 1 go. And I figure most of us (those who are probably going to stream) have at least played the game.

Its either that or FFXII I guess. As the rest of the games would be to long for what will basically become a blind speedrun.

And on a second note, do we allow ourselves to train beforehand or will we go "blind" again.

rsslayersr

• Order of Ambrosia
  • The Cake is a Lie
  • Mood: Depressed Depressed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 10:17:47 AM »
I'll try to get Yuichan involved. I would love to hear from him again.

I can't play, or stream, but I'd love to just hang out with you guys, even if it's only the Dutch part of the Family.

You might not know this, but Mytthal has a soft spot for cake. He likes to lurk around West and steal Apple Pie from the Cooking Guild.
An Apple a day keeps the Guildmaster away!

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 11:04:14 AM »
Well if we are going to do DoC then i can stream it after i finished ni no kuni xD. i don't mind doing it blind, its been a while since i played it so it would be fun. And i know how you guys love to see me fail xD.

btw just thought of something, if we are gonna stream from 1 location and doing that speedrun with 3 or more how are we going to stream? we need at least 2 till 3 pc's. if we hook up the dazzle's maybe?

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 01:20:49 PM »
btw just thought of something, if we are gonna stream from 1 location and doing that speedrun with 3 or more how are we going to stream? we need at least 2 till 3 pc's. if we hook up the dazzle's maybe?
Don't get your hopes up about everybody managing to get together. And apart from that my pc could easily handle 2 dazzle inputs in xSplit, so I doubt it would form a huge problem ::)

I would almost turn the question around and ask if you living room would be able to handle the amount of equipment we'll be going to use this year ::) Because given the number of equipment from our last marathons, the number of equipment has been constantly increasing :P

We are FFTogether after all, so maybe that FF7 complete again
This isn't workable anymore, compaired with back when we did this the copyright detection software has taken a huge leap forward. And the last thing you want is getting a ban for streaming videos. And it wouldn't be a complete picture without those :-\

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 01:54:07 PM »
I personally prefer FFXII over DoC. And I think a blind run would be more fun.

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 04:33:45 PM »
I personally prefer FFXII over DoC. And I think a blind run would be more fun.
Well somethings tells me that if we are going to do FFXII, we should have Jacob as our 3th runner ::)
And blind, guess I'll have to repair that deathcounter then. As I'm sure we'll be going to need it ::)

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 05:58:50 PM »
Don't get your hopes up about everybody managing to get together. And apart from that my pc could easily handle 2 dazzle inputs in xSplit, so I doubt it would form a huge problem ::)

I would almost turn the question around and ask if you living room would be able to handle the amount of equipment we'll be going to use this year ::) Because given the number of equipment from our last marathons, the number of equipment has been constantly increasing :P

oh my living room can handle it, we only have to change the position of the couch a bit.