Author Topic: Ivalice Spy XXV (In progress)  (Read 8112 times)

KainCrow

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Kain the Crow of Crow Valley!
  • Mood: Embarrassed Embarrassed

• View Profile
Re: Ivalice Spy XXV (In progress)
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2013, 09:27:12 AM »
So we need to vote for a spy.. and temp mayor for next two rounds.. And for the guard?

Kain the Crow of the Crow Valley, Mischievous and Unpredictable D.S.
By the way, who know the relationship b/w a fox and a crow?

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2013, 09:33:40 AM »
That is correct

rsslayersr

• Order of Ambrosia
  • The Cake is a Lie
  • Mood: Depressed Depressed

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2013, 09:38:08 AM »
I was thinking the same, as we went to a cave. Though, I didn't wanted to act on impulse either ;P

My votes.

Spy, Kainy.
Guard, Oniangel.
Mayor, Oniangel.

You might not know this, but Mytthal has a soft spot for cake. He likes to lurk around West and steal Apple Pie from the Cooking Guild.
An Apple a day keeps the Guildmaster away!

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2013, 08:55:21 PM »
Spy goes towards rsslayersr
Guard & Mayor can go towards Oniangel

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2013, 08:30:39 AM »
I'll give till the 8th for voting, hopefully that'll give plenty time for Kaincrow and the other two

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2013, 09:15:39 PM »
I vote Kainy.

Rrs for Guard.

Bram for Mayor.

Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get.

KainCrow

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2013, 01:04:35 PM »
Spy vote to rs.

Guard&Mayor Oniangel

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2013, 08:01:51 PM »
My votes go to

Spy > rsslayersr
Guard > Oniangel
Mayor > Da_Cloud

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2013, 11:08:58 AM »
That's a lock folks.

rs is up for death, Oni is guard/mayor.

Next part coming sometime, hopefully soon.

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2013, 12:48:15 AM »
Night, The Third Day

Kaincrow: Alright then, it’s time to vote. This time I think we should remain anonymous since those judged guilty have had a nasty habit of violence, everyone take a piece of paper and write down who you think the murderer is.
The 5 scribble down names and throw them into a pile.
Kaincrow: Right then, the votes are as follows: 1… 2… 3 for rsslayersr and… 2 for… me?
Sixty: Alright then, looks like the end of the line for rsslayersr, how are we going to handle this?
rsslayersr: whoa whoa whoa, let’s just calm down now
Oniangel: It’s late and probably unwise to head for the pass now, it looks like some of the stuff rsslayersr stole could let us hold up here for the night, but that makes it a somewhat bad idea to make a fresh body right now.
Kaincrow: Is there anything we could bind him with?
rsslayersr: Hey, that’s all stuff I got us, you’d all be trying to run in the dark if it weren’t for me!
Oniangel: Yeah, there’s some rope. Here, catch.
Kaincrow: I guess we’ll tie him up for the night and deal with it in the morning. That still leaves who will be the leader and who will the rear guard be from tomorrow on. I say Oniangel for both.
Da_Cloud: I second Oniangel for both.
Sixty: I’m fine with him being guard, but I think Da_Cloud would be a better leader.
Kaincrow: Alright, looks like we don’t need your votes Oniangel, you’re in charge now.
Oniangel: Okay, we’ll take turns watching rsslayersr and keeping an eye out for monsters tonight, we need everyone ready to go tomorrow, so try to get some sleep if you aren’t on watch. I’ll take the first shift.

The first shift
Kaincrow: Da_Cloud, you seemed awfully quiet during that decision. I’m a little surprised, given the animosity you have for rsslayersr.
Da_Cloud: I don’t know. For how often I talked about kicking him out, knowing that would likely mean death, I couldn’t find any words to say once I actually had a hand in deciding he would die.
Kaincrow: *Sigh* life is tough, and it’s not going to be easier tomorrow. Do you have a weapon? Or even know how to use one?
Da_Cloud: I don’t, nor am I particularly practiced in any form of combat.
Kaincrow: That won’t do, it’s going to be dangerous even with a front and rear guard tomorrow, and I can’t ask Sixty to babysit you, no offence. Here, take this.
Kaincrow hands a short sword over to Da_Cloud
Kaincrow: Using that is simple enough; I keep it sharp, even if it is my secondary weapon.
Da_Cloud: Uh, thanks I guess. I think we should take Oniangel’s advice about sleeping now.

The second shift
Oniangel: Da_Cloud, is it your turn already?
Da_Cloud: Yes…
Oniangel: You up for this? I know you told me before that you were just a street merchant before this all started, can you handle yourself if things get out of hand?
Da_Cloud: Yeah, Kaincrow gave me a sword and he’s unarmed and tied up, I don’t think there will be a problem.
Oniangel: Then I leave this to you.
rsslayersr: So you finally got what you want, I’m going to die because of you.
Da_Cloud: It wasn’t MY decision… at least not only mine.
rsslayersr: HA! I knew it, of course you voted for me, but I bet your do good attitude won’t let you actually be the one to kill me. Maybe you even feel bad about voting for me in the first place because you’re such a saint.
Da_Cloud: …
rsslayersr: Nailed it, didn’t I. You’re wrong though, it’s not saint like for you to just make it someone else’s responsibility, it’s cowardly. I may be a lot of things, a thief and a liar and a cheat, but at least I’m not a sad sap like you.
Da_Cloud draws his sword and puts it to rsslayers neck
rsslayersr: Ah, see, you really want to do it after all, I was right all along, you’re a bloodthirsty monster like the rest of us. It’s funny, we all tried so badly to find a guilty person that we neglected to notice the blood on our hands when we were wrong, except you, but it looks like you just weren’t invested enough.
Da_Cloud: … no. No I’m not that, no matter how much I want to be.
Da_Cloud returns to his seat, conflicted
??: Ah, what a shame, that could have been quite the show, but I suppose an untimely death wouldn’t have been worth the fun.

The third shift
Sixty: Da_Cloud, you’re done, I’ll take it from here.
Da_Cloud: That god that’s over.
rsslayersr: Don’t imagine you’d let me out, would you Sixty?
Sixty: Nope.
rsslayersr: Oh come now, out of all those guests, you were the only one who cared about the refugees enough to talk to them. Sure the soldiers were there guarding our lives, but they were just doing their job, on the inside they were like that partner of yours, they hated having to be around us.
Sixty: A grim look, but not one I can say is wrong, but you aren’t leaving here alive.
rsslayersr: But you have to know I’m not capable of  those murders, between the magic and weapon variety it’d have to be someone with a better supply chain than a refugee.
Sixty: You refugee’s procurement abilities has surprised me at every turn, I wouldn’t rule any of you out, especially after Chaos. Look, if you really want out early it’ll be with a bolt through your head. If not, then we’re done talking.
rsslayersr: …
Sixty: Good.

The forth shift
Kaincrow: My turn. You should either sleep a bit more, or get ready for the trek.
Sixty: Won’t be long now, will it?
rsslayersr: and so here I sit, across from my executioner.
Kaincrow: What makes you think it’ll be me.
rsslayersr: Because you’re the only one here with a sense of “duty”. I’ve been talking all night and I’m done, if I couldn’t get the others to do anything, then I certainly won’t try to convince you.

The Fourth Day, Morning
Everyone is preparing to go except for Kaincrow on watch when a commotion is heard over by rsslayersr
They arrive to find rsslayersr run through by Kaincrow

Oniangel: What happened!?
Kaincrow: He had a dagger on him, god knows how long he had been whittling away at the ropes, they suddenly gave and he came at me.
Sixty: This isn’t a table knife either, this is a serious weapon.
Da_Cloud: You think he got it in the stuff he stole?
Kaincrow: I doubt it, priests and refugees don’t exactly need high quality weapons, at least not ones kept in good repair.
Oniangel: Well, I guess his execution was taken care of, if nothing else.
Sixty: Then we should get moving, it’ll probably take all day to get to the pass, it looks like the weather isn’t going to be helpful to us today.
Kaincrow: Oniangel, are you good for watching the back, I have the captain’s secondary weapon if you want it.
Oniangel: No, I’ll be fine. I was a martial artist before the war, my fists will handle whatever comes our way.

The Fourth Day, Night
The party made it to the pass without major incident; a blizzard hindered progress but broke as night arrived.

Da_Cloud: That was awful.
Sixty: We might have to do it again tomorrow, it’s about the same distance from here to the Stillshine.
Oniangel: We’ll need to keep watch again tonight, but just for monsters. Kaincrow and I will be the guards, you two rest up, we’ll need you even better that you were today.
Da_Cloud: Sounds good, see you all tomorrow.
Kaincrow: I’ll take second shift, I noticed once I starting being the night watch that creatures get rowdier as morning approaches.
Oniangel: Sounds good.

Oniangel finds a good lookout position while the other 3 find a cave to set up camp in, much to their discomfort, the winds are fierce on the pass, so they had to find somewhere that could shelter them from them, even though it’s out of earshot and eyeshot from Oniangel’s lookout.

The first watch
Oniangel: Maybe we didn’t need a guard after all, there doesn’t seem to be anything moving tonight.
??: Well, some things are moving.
Oniangel: What the-?
Oniangel swings about to find a dagger pointed at him
Oniangel: So we were wrong again? Why me though?
??: Well, you see, there are a couple of reasons. The first of which is that it sends a message, the same one that I’ve been sending all along. A message of fear, by killing those who protect, I show that security is nothing but an illusion, it keeps people scattered and paranoid and unpredictable, bringing everyone down to a very basic level, one where survival is most important and we forget about all the little things that keep us in line, that’s the best time to kill, when everyone is ready to put up the best fight possible. Which brings me to the other reason of “why you”, because killing someone ready to put up a fight is so much fun!
The murderer lunges forward taking a few swipes at Oniangel, who doges expertly before landing a few punches.
The murderer lunges again aiming straight for Oniangel’s heart. Oniangel counters the attack and disarms the murderer, sending the dagger down the hill they climbed to get there, Then knocks the murderer down and strikes them a few more times

Oniangel: You weren’t so tuff, looks like if Chaos or Fehlany got targeted by you, you would have been dead long ago.
??: Don’t be so sure.
A popping sound is heard and Oniangel feels his body go numb, he looks to see a smoking gun in the murderer’s hands, and then sees blood spilling from his chest.
??: Keh keh keh, another one down, you weren’t really ready yet, if you were you would have kept punching until I was dead.
The murderer stands up and kicks Oniangel down the hill, then returns to the cave.

The second watch
Kaincrow bursts into the cave less than an hour after she began her watch

Kaincrow: You two, wake up! Oniangel is dead!
Da_Cloud: What, dead!? How?
Kaincrow: I’m not sure, he wasn’t at the lookout when I went out, so I looked around and eventually went down the hill and found him dead and mauled by animals.
Sixty: So do you think it was murder?
Kaincrow: I can’t say, it could have been, but he also could have just gotten overwhelmed by wolves or something, his body was too mangled to tell anything.
Da_Cloud: What should we do?
Sixty: I think we need to head for the stillshrine now, this pass isn’t as safe as we thought.
Kaincrow: I agree, sunrise is only a couple hours away and we shouldn’t stay here if animals know there’s food here.

And so the final three move towards the Stillshrine once more, though secretly each of them knew better than to think it was wolves that got Oniangel, and each of them are planning a way out.

FINAL ROUND: make your vote count folks.

P.S. I’m not allowed to say “soon” anymore

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2013, 01:53:31 AM »
Pro tip: The person with the most bruises is the spy. ;)

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 09:34:01 PM »
Pro tip: The person with the most bruises is the spy. ;)
Well that would certainly work out, though how do you suggest we start counting them ::)

Well one thing I'm sure of its got to be either Sixty or Kaincrow. Or am I just messing up my own mind and is it secretly me all along :o

Well my initial feeling says its Sixty so I'll guess I'll vote against him,

KainCrow

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2013, 12:55:50 PM »
I will just go along with Da_Boss..  I vote for Sixty.

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2013, 02:31:02 PM »
after reading it again, i actually think the spy is Bram. so i vote Da_Cloud

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2013, 10:19:24 PM »
The Fifth Day, Morning

Sixty: Moving at this rate, we should get to the Stillshrine by this evening.
Kaincrow: But it looks like the monsters are tougher than the ones we fought so far. From here out I’ll carve a path and you two will lag behind, Sixty can keep Da_Cloud safe and pick off any stragglers.
Da_Cloud: Got it.
Sixty: Sounds good.

The Fifth Day, Noontime
The trio reaches a natural stone bridge overlooking the rift, Kaincrow charges across.

Da_Cloud: Wow, what a view!
Sixty: Do you really think we should be stopping?
Da_Cloud: I know, I know, we’ll lose sight of Kaincrow if we wait too long, but it feels like forever since I could just enjoy the scenery like this.
Sixty: Alright then, take your time…
Da_Cloud: It’s funny, if all this hadn’t happened, I probably would have spent the rest of my life at the refugee camp, but now I might be going to Rabanastre, maybe get a real life back.
While Da_Cloud has been talking, Sixty has drawn a knife and is moving toward him when he feels a hand on him and is ripped back.
Da_Cloud: Huh?
Kaincrow: Caught red handed you murderer!
Da_Cloud: What are you talking about?
Kaincrow: You should have been paying better attention Da_Cloud, it’s been Sixty all along, if I hadn’t turned back when I noticed you weren’t following, Sixty probably would have pushed you off the cliff.
Sixty: Psh, guess the jig is up then, oh well, so be it!
Sixty draws his pistol and fires at Da_Cloud, who is struck in the leg. Sixty follows up with immobility and disable spells on Kaincrow, however, the spells have no effect on her.
Sixty: What the? Why didn’t my magic effect you?
Kaincrow: You pick up some interesting things when you’re a soldier in a war. Here, catch!
Kaincrow pulls out a necklace and tosses it to Sixty.
Sixty: What’s this supposed to be? Hnck, my magick, it’s being drained!
Kaincrow: The Arcadians call in Manufactured Nethicite, it absorbs magick power, not only blocking spells, but it also eats the magick energy of anyone close enough.
Sixty: Then you must be the one who stopped my first attempt on CVL14558’s life, too bad you weren’t there the second time, for him anyway.
Kaincrow: Say what you will, both him and the Captain will be avenged here and now. Let’s see how you fight without dirty tricks!
Kaincrow lunges at Sixty with her broadsword, Sixty attempts to block with his daggers, but in a single heavy blow they are knocked from his hands. Sixty uses his upper hand in agility to avoid the deadly blows headed his way, before arming a grenade and pitching it her way. Kaincrow is unfazed by the explosion, but as the smoke clears she sees Sixty out of her reach with crossbow armed.
Sixty: looks like I win again.
A bolt rips right though Kaincrow’s armor and into her gut and she falls on one knee.
As Sixty loads up another bolt, Da_Cloud, who sixty had forgotten about, charges screaming at him and takes a single swing at Sixty, practically falling on him from the pain of his bullet wound. Sixty attempts to block with his crossbow only for it to shatter when struck.

Sixty: *Bleep* it! This fight is becoming exceedingly expensive. Why can’t you two just die already?
Sixty stomps on Da_Cloud a few times and then begins reloading his pistol to kill Kaincrow and Da_Cloud with his only remaining weapon.
Kaincrow: It’s not over yet… not until you’re dead. I can still fight!
Kaincrow stands up and moves toward Sixty
Sixty: You just can’t win, just give up already!
Da_Cloud grabs Sixty’s legs with both arms and mutters “gotcha”. Sixty, now unable to dodge is slammed by Kaincrows broadsword, cutting from his shoulder straight through his body, almost cleaving him in two diagonally.
Sixty: Well… looks like… I lose… at least someone… got… serious.
And with that, it’s over, Sixty is dead.
Kaincrow: *Cough* we’re almost to the Stillshrine, not much in the way of monsters either, can you walk?
Da_Cloud: I… I don’t think so, you should go on without me.
Kaincrow: Not an option, I’ll help you walk. There’s no guarantee I’m going to make it anyway.

The Fifth Day, Afternoon
The survivors reach the Stillshrine

Da_Cloud: Help! Someone help! We need medical treatment!
The Priest on duty at the Stillshrine and some assistants rush over, the priest begins using curative magicks on them.
Da_Cloud: I’m fine, by wounds aren’t life threatening. Just focus on her, you have to save her!
Priest: She looks like she’s lost a lot of blood, but I think I can save her.
Kaincrow, unable to stand anymore looks around and sees someone wearing a dark cloak instead of the usual attire of the rest of the workers at the Stillshrine among those looking at the commotion
Kaincrow: Cap… captain?
Kaincrow loses consciousness due to blood loss
Priest: We need to get these people moved inside the keeper’s station, you two help him walk, the rest of you help move this woman!

The cloaked individual leaves the Stillshrine as the survivors are taken in
Shadow Gilgamesh: *Sigh* This isn’t going to be a fun write up. “Recruitment Testing Operation 60 Results: Catastrophic Failure. Initiate member dead, instructor’s cover identity assumed dead”. I even supplied a fake body because he was so sure his plan would work, he was sure that leading someone from his clan on a wild goose chase would give him a good enough cover story. The boss is going to give me hell for this, but maybe it’s for the best, that guy didn’t seem like he would be the most “stable” operative. The worst part is that I even lost my sword, absolutely disintegrated by some maniac’s spell.

And that is how this story ends, two survivors, six innocents killed, and one mysterious organization that only lost a potential member

I never thought it would take this long for me to finish the game :-X sorry.