Author Topic: E3 2013 - Final Fantasy Versus XIII rebranded as Final Fantasy XV  (Read 2411 times)

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile

The moment many fans have been waiting for has finally arrived. Today at Sony's E3 conference, Square Enix and Sony lifted the veil on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, which has been in limbo for the past two years. But it came with a surprising twist, Final Fantasy Versus XIII is now the fifteenth installment in the main Final Fantasy series.

The game looks much different than when last showcased, as it seems to be running fully on Luminous Engine. Sony also stated that the game will be exclusive to the PlayStation 4, which is unfortunate news for those hoping for a PlayStation 3 release, but keep your fingers crossed.

Square Enix did not give a specific release date on to when the game would release.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:19:22 PM by Spee »

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
What did I say, Bram? ;D

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
now when they say "PS4 exclusive" does that also mean no Xbox 1? because it seems interesting that FF would return to being a playstation exclusive now that XIII and XIII-2 were on the 360

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
now when they say "PS4 exclusive" does that also mean no Xbox 1? because it seems interesting that FF would return to being a playstation exclusive now that XIII and XIII-2 were on the 360
Its strange in one way, but Versus has always been a Ps3 exclusive.

BTW it seems that sony has been co-developing the game since the FFXIV remake (as we already knew developers from the versus project where set on the FFXIV remake). If this part is true it probably means Sony is sharing some of the development cost in return for it being a Sony exclusive game.

What did I say, Bram? ;D
Logically speaking we all saw this one coming. I personally just hoped they would keep it FFversusXIII. I find it a shame they are renaming all the Fabula Crystalis games just because the general public didn't like FFXIII itself :-\

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:57:50 AM by Da_Cloud »

Sanji

• Hedge Knight
  • ''You change the future, you change the past''
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
The game looks amazing and can't wait! time to get some money ready for Ps4

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
Final Fantasy XVersus is now multiplatform for Xbox One. The game's actually being developed with none of SE's in house tools, but with Direct X11.

Edit: Kingdom Hearts 3 confirmed for Xbox One, as well. This was the surprising one. Honestly sort of expected XVersus to go multiplatform, but Kingdom Hearts 3? Expected a Wii U port than an Xbox One port, even if the former maybe isn't as graphically up to snuff as the PS4/X1.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:09:31 PM by DragonSLAYER45 »

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Re: E3 2013 - Final Fantasy Versus XIII rebranded as Final Fantasy XV
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 08:01:56 AM »
Here is a gameplay trailer:

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia