Author Topic: What race/class did you pick for FFXIV?  (Read 10888 times)

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Re: What race/class did you pick for FFXIV?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2013, 09:13:32 PM »
After reading posts in the beta forums, I'll avoid the NA servers like the plague.
Doubt its just the NA servers, every country has there share of trouble. I mean the 1.0 servers had there share of problems as well (even though it where mixed regions).

Japanese people often didn't allow non Japanese people into there group. NA people where as arrogant as hell and its a shame I hardly found European people so I can't tell much about them. But on other MMO's they often refuse to speak anything but there base languages (which isn't English) ::)

Then again I was placed on the unofficial roleplaying server (Balmung), so I guess I was placed on one of the most friendly servers :P

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2013, 09:18:53 PM »
Japan Servers have 250+ ping. Just no please ::)

Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get.

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2013, 09:21:31 PM »
Funny though it seems the EU and US servers have roughly the same amount of ping though.

And 250+ ping isn't really that bad. I've been playing 1.0 without really having that much of problems, you only really noticed the ping when you called your chocobo (Dodging some attacks during the Primal fights seemed to be quite difficult though because of the ping, but I've never done those)

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2013, 09:26:07 PM »
You had 250+ ping on 1.0? I don't recall having such an high ping.. or maybe the general slowness of the game tricked me.

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2013, 09:44:06 PM »
You had 250+ ping on 1.0? I don't recall having such an high ping.. or maybe the general slowness of the game tricked me.
All servers where located in Japan, so yea a 250+ ping would be quite normal.

But yea as said it was hardly noticeable unless you really paid attention. The damage calculation you got onto yourself where delayed a bit and stuff as calling your Chocobo which took a while (though it should be an instanced animation). Most people only really complained about it back during the official release (as the menu was located on the server as well, which thus had a huge delay) and during the Primal fights where you visually dodged the attack but still got hit (as you didn't dodge it on the server). The later part I can tell because it also happens to me a couple of time on random monsters (the moles that dig into the ground and pop-up again). After a while I always was quick enough to dodge them on my own screen, but the server disagreed with me a couple of times :P

jake1456

• Paragon of Justice
  • Mood: Hungry Hungry

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2013, 11:16:09 PM »
how much are chocobo's on it?

insanity isn't gained you are born with it

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2013, 06:33:18 PM »
So first weekend impressions, it was amazing. Got up to Level 16 Lancer and managed to get to Ul'dah after a nice journey and entered the Gladiator guild.  ;) Although some Level 41 Dullahans deciding to end my journey real quick.

That last Lancer quest is all kinds of "Oh heck no." Lone Wolf, my ass. They gang up on you out of nowhere. Burned through my last two Hi-Potions just trying to get to the Alpha Wolf but I swear those wolves respawn quick.  :P

Only thing I felt was off was the chat. It took me a while to fiddle around with it and communicate with my linkshell and party members. Also got lots of chat lag, but that might have been my connection. There were also some awkward moments where the language we were speaking would translate to Japanese, but that was remedied by logging out.

Next weekend, I'll probably jump back into Gladiator or try something new entirely.  :D

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2013, 06:57:10 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm going for Bard which starts at Archer 30/Conjurer 15. The songs/party boosts are amazing, and nobody else in my guild so far is going for Bard so it will help in party formation.

The Coeurl server was really jammed which made doing fetch/find quests difficult without getting drawn into other people's battles. Am in a guild mostly comprised of people from WKC 2 guilds. I may also try a Japanese server since I picked up quite a bit of RPG chat and etiquette from Shirokishi. One can get by in Japanese by creating pre-set chat phrases, doing lots of bowing, putting the party first and self second, and apologizing profusely as needed.  ;)

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2013, 08:15:13 PM »
Carie! It's been a long time since we last saw you! I hope you are doing great and it's great to see you interested in FFXIV.

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2013, 08:59:32 PM »
For the server I guess its going to be Odin. Apparently Zeikuu's friends have set themselves on that one, so unless other people have the same reasons to pick another server I'd say we group up there.

I'll be sure to rush towards the requirements to set up a Linkshell or free companion guild (or whatever they call it now) so we can group up officially as well ;D

CVL14558

• Rear Guard
  • oh yeah, i've got all trophies on xiii. 4-10-2012
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2013, 09:10:36 PM »
i actually might start playing this one :3 i've missed so much on MMORPG's and i'm incredibly bored waiting for the next console FF to come out

If i do start on this one, i'm definitly going to be the following:
Miqo'te
Keeper of the Sun
Gladiator/Paladin
(secondary) white mage
Damage dealer/healer

slight correction: i'm definitly getting it (setting up my pre-order now) and i'm definitly going to be playing hardcore

« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 09:15:14 PM by CVL14558 »
People wanna believe that they can do anything. The believe this because it gives them hope. If you have hope you have something you can aspire to become and, eventually, through hard work and determination, you can and will become that thing you've always dreamed you could be. ~Me
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. ~Vince Lombardi

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2013, 05:46:10 PM »
Awsome, this team is getting bigger and bigger. Can't wait till its out

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

jake1456

• Paragon of Justice
  • Mood: Hungry Hungry

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2013, 05:28:10 PM »
signed up for beta test and started downloading

started a lancer

insanity isn't gained you are born with it

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2013, 08:29:51 PM »
So, question: Is this the last weekend of Phase 3 or not? I know the whole point of this weekend's beta was to test out the Duty Finder (which is awesome, btw) but I've heard conflicting reports from people in game and on the forums. People are saying last night was the last and another group are saying it ends the 14th.

I got pretty far from last weekend. Managed to complete the main story for the beta too. The dungeons and Ifrit battles were spectacular.

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2013, 08:39:37 PM »
Log into the official beta forum, it should be written there somewhere when phase 3 ends.