Author Topic: Solo Level 1 Challenge - discussion of possibility  (Read 2795 times)

Max Power

• Rear Guard
  • Superintendent

• View Profile
Solo Level 1 Challenge - discussion of possibility
« on: August 10, 2008, 06:26:29 AM »
I once proposed the idea of beating FFI with one character at level 1. Here's how:

Fight Boss with Level 1 character and other 3 characters dead. Don't save.
Reload, kill Level 1 character, kill boss with other 3 characters. Save.
Kill other 3 characters, revive Level 1 Character. Repeat.

so, you kill the boss at level 1, and to prevent leveling you just don't save.

Now, which character would be best?
I say either White or Red Mage. White has Blink, Red has Sleep, 2 very useful spells. White has more Magic power, but Red gets better armor though.

Now how about how possible it would be?
I've taken it to Pravoka with a Red Mage. At level 1, Garland was attack and heal. I got the longsword and fought the pirates. I used Sleep and hoped for the best.
From there, the piscodemons were next. To beat them, I needed two or three Thundara items from the ship game, and I needed to dodge their attacks. I never got that far.

...discuss. Where do you think it would stop? Who would make it farther (Red or White)? What strategies could be used to get past certain bosses?

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
Re: Solo Level 1 Challenge - discussion of possibility
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 09:55:25 PM »
Red mage definitly.  ::)

I'd rather have high HP and Defense for a solo challenge though.

Ashe10

• Moppet
  • ? I love my Jamie ?

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 10:52:18 AM »
This won't be any fun and pointless, Soloing Chaos even at level 99 is almost impossible, see how far you get though  ::)

Max Power

• Rear Guard
  • Superintendent

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 05:42:16 AM »
soloing Chaos at the level 23 isn't impossible...

can be done with a Black Mage too

Ashe10

• Moppet
  • ? I love my Jamie ?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 08:47:27 PM »
I want to see it done then

Tirpitz Luminare

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 10:50:15 PM »
This post is pretty ancient but I am curious how it turned out. I can see going through the Game Solo, no problem, but level 1? I dunno bout that.

Solo I would choose a Monk.  Their DPS can't be beat.  There are items like White Shirt, Zeus Gauntlet and other items you can use in battle.  My last playthrough a few months back I never used a single potion after I got those items that you can use in battle. There is one that can heal, there is another one that casts that spell (the name eludes me now) that makes it near impossible for enemies to hit you, it stacks so casting it multiple times really helps.  There are also items that cast Lit2, Fire2, and Harm2 great for battles with multiple enemies.  You can just use the other characters as inventory space.

I actually one rounded Chaos on my last playthrough.  Granted my Monk's level was maxed out, and I used that spell on Chaos where you do more Damage, and they are easy to hit, sorry the names of the spells escape me at the moment.  So I know for a fact that a Solo run is possible if you use the right items in battle. However, a level 1 run.... I have my doubts.

Tirpitz