Author Topic: FFXIV General discussion topic  (Read 119574 times)

HobertRec

• View Profile
Re: FFXIV General discussion topic
« Reply #960 on: January 19, 2018, 06:38:48 PM »
I'm bummed out I missed this promotion, I was feeling the itch to revisit the game. I guess I'll just resub. How's 4.1 update, any big changes?

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 19, 2018, 09:01:19 PM »
4.1 not really any big changes. The odd numbers always contain a new dungeon, trial and 24-man raid (in short). The bigger update will be 4.2 which will give the new raid tier, more dungeons and the start of the relic quest.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 21, 2018, 05:58:56 PM »
Looks like Sigmascape will be FFVI-themed. I guess the last one will be VII or VIII-themed, whichever one has Omega Weapon (both I think?). I expect Omega Prime to be the final boss. I also expect to see Sephiroth as a boss at some point, but it wouldn't make sense for Kefka to be the final boss of this tier and Sephiroth not to be the final boss in the VII tier. Who knows, maybe they even deviate a bit from the pattern we had so far.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 21, 2018, 06:17:58 PM »
We can say almost for sure say that the last Sigmascape battle would indeed be against Omega prime. But Omega as a robot like entity only appeared in the original FFV and FFXII (believe it also appeared as a cameo supper boss in some remakes later on).

In FFVII, FFVIII and FX we did get an Omega, but the design was completely different from the robot like FFV version (on which our FFXIV version is based).

Then again I can remember Yoshi saying something about the possibility of a patch 4.6 and 4.7. Not sure where I picked that one up though, but if that's indeed true we would have a 4th Sigmascape as well.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 21, 2018, 08:53:26 PM »
We'll have only one Sigmascape (the tier in 4.2). The first raid tier was called Deltascape. We don't know yet what the next one will be called.

I also remember the talk about 4.6 and 4.7. If it happens we may get more than just three tiers. In that scenario we could have Sephiroth as the final boss of the third tier and Omega Prime as the final boss in the next and final tier. It may even be a stand-alone battle (like the Ultimate Coil) instead of a whole raid tier.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 16, 2018, 08:58:28 PM »
Head points from the opening of the Las Vegas Fan Festival.

Next expansion going to be called Shadowbringers (release early summer).
- The next expansion will bring us the fight against Garlean.
- Seems story wise that the Scions of the seventh dawn will be scattered and the warrior of light will need to turn into the warrior of darkness.

- Seems we'll be getting a Trust system to do content with certain NPC's (which NPC's are available isn't said)
- Also seems we'll be getting a "New Game+" to redo old expansions with our current level?

- Important notice: Windows 32-bit systems won't be supported anymore upon the release of the expansion.

- First new Beast tribe will be Nu Muo
- New playable race. (He won't tell us which one, but he clearly shows a Bugs Bunny on the back of his shirt.) so most likely will be Viera.
- Battle system rework (Job classes will be reworked and TP will be replaced by MP)

- New jobs with Blue mage being the first
- Blue mage will be released on Patch 4.5 (Current max lvl will be 50) and skills will need to be learned from monsters, so simply leveling up won't give you new skills.
- Blue mages max level will increase with patches (the way he talked about it probably means you won't be able to reach lvl 80 on the release of the expansion).

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 18, 2018, 02:25:52 AM »
There is another Free Login Campaign, so I'll probably be back for a few days at the end of the month. Need to catch up with the story again. :D

People seem pretty salty about Blue Mage. I guess all the people complaining that the game isn't deviating from the formula don't want it to deviate after all. ;D

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 19, 2018, 12:18:46 PM »
People will always complain about something in FFXIV. To be honest whenever you enter Eureka all you can hear is people complaining, if only we could make use of all the salt thrown around there :P

Haven't seen the exact details for Blue mage yet so I can't really say what to think about it. Seems like they did what people wanted from the job, the only question I have is what they do with the lvl cap for blue mage. Starting off at 50 with this patch seems logical from a balance perspective, but as long as we can't do relevant content with the job its kinda useless.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 21, 2018, 12:24:02 AM »
I expect to work around the restrictions in the future. It's a big bummer they can't queue for dungeons. Maybe they'll force them to specific builds for those.