Author Topic: Anime and Manga Related Merchandise  (Read 1833 times)

rsslayersr

• Order of Ambrosia
  • The Cake is a Lie
  • Mood: Depressed Depressed

• View Profile
Anime and Manga Related Merchandise
« on: August 28, 2013, 07:03:50 PM »
If you would've asked me a few months ago if I was in a position in where I wanted to buy anything from DVDs, Blu-Rays, Manga, Figures or even clothes, you probably got an answer like 'Well, it would be funny to own something like that, but I can probably live without it, for sure.'

A couple of days ago, the 23rd and 25th of August, I went to an Anime and Manga themed Converence. It was my first time going to such a social thing, or any social thing, on my own with a few friends. It was fun, I had such a nice time there. If the option was given to me, I would probably go there next year too. Setting the whole experience asside, let's talk about the Dealer Room there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Let's say, I had the whole idea this place would be kinda like how Comiket was presented in that show, just without all the stand-alone artists there. I had the idea there were quite the few stands, selling things like books, DVDs, Plushs and Figures. Going in with expectations are always wrong, and I knew that too at the moment. Just when I went inside Dealer Room, I saw how right my thoughts were about that place.

I bought stuff. Many things I would probably only dream of owning. I've probably never spent so much money on the same day and be this satisfied. I'm particulary happy with my Figures, five of them. Three from To Love-Ru and two from the Monogatari franchise.

My question, have you did anything like going to such gatherings or spending money on merchandise? I'm pretty sure it's quite hard to get these things here where I live, unless you buy them online. How about you all?

You might not know this, but Mytthal has a soft spot for cake. He likes to lurk around West and steal Apple Pie from the Cooking Guild.
An Apple a day keeps the Guildmaster away!

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Re: Anime and Manga Related Merchandise
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 07:29:28 PM »
Unfortunately, there are no such conventions here.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

RoachWizard

• Rear Guard
  • We all stand vigilant ...
  • Mood: Curious Curious

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 11:48:40 PM »
I've never been to an Anime Convention (though I would like to go to one someday), only Fantasy Fairs, which tend to be more medieval style. I usually buy my merchandise online, but sometimes it's hard to resist some of the stuff they've got lying around there.

The only things I remember picking up at some kind of event are a statue of Necrid from Soul Calibur 2 (that was a loooong time ago), and a replica of the spear from Hellboy 2's prince Nuada (which I absolutely love, that spear looks really cool).

All my other stuff, I either bought online, or I managed to find it in a shop.

rsslayersr

• Order of Ambrosia
  • The Cake is a Lie
  • Mood: Depressed Depressed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 04:11:07 PM »
Today, a few mousemats arrived from this fansub website. Now I have more to add to my collection. I must say, these mats are really nice.

You might not know this, but Mytthal has a soft spot for cake. He likes to lurk around West and steal Apple Pie from the Cooking Guild.
An Apple a day keeps the Guildmaster away!